Questions & Mysteries Will Shiryu Kill Mihawk

Will he?

• Total voters
It really could happen, that'd be a huge twist and the perfect way to make Shiryu become as frightening and intimidating as possible. I doubt it will occur though, especially before Zoro vs Mihawk could happen. This fight has been set up a long time ago and this needs to happen otherwise Zoro's journey will ultimately feel pointless. Also, killing off Mihawk before his fight with Zoro wouldn't fit Oda's style and it has become too predictable at ths point.

An alternate scenario is that Zoro will defeat Mihawk first and take the WSS title from him then Shiryu will kill him before his eventual fight with Zoro. Still unlikely.

An alternate scenario is that Zoro will defeat Mihawk first and take the WSS title from him then Shiryu will kill him before his eventual fight with Zoro. Still unlikely.
This is what I think too but the opposite. I personally think Luffy will achieve PK status before Zoro becomes the WSM.

I can see this play out like:

Luffy and Zoro eventually defeat Teach and his goonies after a long 5 days struggle. Zoro whispers to Luffy's ear and the other Shs are tearing up. The readers are dumbfounded because the expressions are a combination of joy and sadness.

Then we figured out that Zoro leaves the crew (temporarily). 10 chapters later, Oda cuts the scene to the ocean waves splashing against the rocky shores. Two figures among the hazy mist can be seen sizing each other up from a distance. Then camera zooms in closer and we see that these two individuals are Zoro and Mihawk. Then they clash with new and multiple named techniques.

Zoro, like Luffy, eventually succeeds his goal and becomes the WSM. Then Zoro rejoins the crew with everyone's delight.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I even doubt that Shiryu shall be Zoro's last top notch fight let alone an even sitting-beyond scenario.

Shiryu's hype is very nice and legitimate but let's not forget that there's a reason why Mihawk is Zoro's main goal. That man has no rivals basically and by a good margin. So will Shiryu manage to actually pass him? Unlikely but we shall have a glance at it soon enough.

Oda and his staff are up to the most speculated theories, that is one of em. Remember how the entire fanbase assumed that Shiryu would eat Jozu's fruit, but then Oda trolled us with giving him absalom's ability.

No way this is happening
Would be better if he ate the diamond fruit,by eating Absalom's fruit to me it looks like Zoro will be the cat and Shriyuu the mouse in that fight,similar to Pica's fight,as soon Zoro figures out the mechanics of that DF it will be game over.

I'd love it, been into it since the timeskip. Mihawk is too soft, it's a "face vs face" match up. Over those two years I have to imagine they've lost whatever heat they had as rivals. Especially if Mihawk is the one responsible for his eye.

Makes for a boring last opponent as he was scheduled over twenty years ago now.

This invites a few comparisons to Shanks... but Mihawk abandoning the lone wolf thing now is not only just as much of a stretch, but one that betrays the strength of his character. He's not going to line up so that the Straw Hats can knock out their mentors simultaneously. Will he fall before Shanks? Definitely. I think the idea that Mihawk is stronger is completely dumb, but even if he was we can certainly agree that he's not as important

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I'd love it, been into it since the timeskip. Mihawk is too soft, it's a "face vs face" match up. Over those two years I have to imagine they've lost whatever heat they had as rivals. Especially if Mihawk is the one responsible for his eye.

Makes for a boring last opponent as he was scheduled over twenty years ago now.

This invites a few comparisons to Shanks... but Mihawk abandoning the lone wolf thing now is not only just as much of a stretch, but one that betrays the strength of his character. He's not going to line up so that the Straw Hats can knock out their mentors simultaneously. Will he fall before Shanks? Definitely. I think the idea that Mihawk is stronger is completely dumb, but even if he was we can certainly agree that he's not as important
I agree that their rivalry is kinda different now Mihawk trained him for 2 years. At first I thought too that the fact Mihawk trained Zoro equaled that he wont face him at EOS. But I don't know now.

Mihawk and Shanks seems to have some friend/rival relationship but I think during their duels they really fought. These were not death match but serious ones.

Zoro and Mihawk can have one of those