Character Discussion The impressiveness of Eustass Kidd and massacre soldier Killer

I never once thought Law was over Luffy because I always have and I always will put more into portrayal than feats. Especially for characters who we haven’t seen fight much. From the arc the Supernova was introduced it was obvious to me that Luffy would be above all the other captains because he was the only one who had another Supernova on his crew. Only other dude who had the distinct honor of having another Supernova on his crew was Kidd. This to me was the first sign that Luffy and Kidd were a cut above the other Supernova captains. From then on the author continued to draw even more parallels between only Luffy and Kidd (CoC, ambition, willpower, ideologies, ect). Kidd is not Law people need to stop attaching and comparing them to each other. Two different characters two different levels of hype/portrayal. The only Supernova who has EVER been portrayed as a true rival to Luffy is Kidd. The sooner y’all recognize this the less you will be surprised at the end of Wano.

Also, Luffy isn’t mid diffing Kidd. High diff AT LEAST.
Yeah maybe. I'm just judging on feats and abilities and so far Kidd seems quite far from Luffy but I can be wrong. I hope I am not wrong though.
But I give you that Kidd can very well be stronger than what he seems to be after all. Depending on what Oda wants for him in the future.

I definitely think they're impressive and in the general ballpark of Luffy and Zoro. The main characters are obviously going to be stronger. But by how much? Not sure, but we'll find out when this arc is over.

I'm not trying to downplay Kid and Killer but don't forget that they have been pirates for much longer so they should have more experience. They were already small time hotshots back when Ace was on Wano (prior to joining Whitebeard). That's a pretty big headstart compared to Luffy and Zoro.
Yeah but Kid is barely that much older than Luffy

Alright, so the Auction House scene no longer counts for Kid.

You can’t jsut pretend that everything that has ever happened pre-skip is irrelevant

That’s still a Luffy who trained for two years with Rayleigh and has G4 under his belt wanting to fight Smoker when Smoker is at his best

So? Doflamingo was the main arc villain then and went on to brutalise both Luffy and Law. It’s not surprising that Smoker was beaten by Doffy anymore than it was when Law was beaten by him.

Yeah, Luffy likes Smoker. That’s why he fails to be the real rival to him, with it instead being Blackbeard, who he hates.

But Luffy also smiled at Kid and asked him to join the fight agaisnt Kaido

Again, you wouldn’t see him smiling at Blackbeard. Even on Jaya before he knew who he was Luffy treated Blackbeard as an enemy and someone to be wary of
Didn't say that pre TS is irrelevant, it was just a long time ago and yes, Kidd had to prove himself and he is currently doing so. He did it since SH entered NW much more than Smoker
Doffy is a beast that's for sure and Smoker had no faults in his defeat, but that showed the huge divary between Luffy and him. When he'll be back he'll be stronger but not that much imo
The panel you posted showed one of the main reasons Kidd isn'tt like the others, he straight refused the possibility of an alliance with Luffy. He does things his own way.

If you care, we can move the discussion in the thread I linked before, so that you can punctualize what doesn't convince you about Kidd being Luffy's rival. I provided the thread with explanations and panels so you can quote what you want and we can discuss about it.
Post automatically merged:

Just to tell you people here hate Kidd coz they wish Zoro got that importance as rival against Yonko
Majority of this forum appears to hate Kidd and Killer, don't know why tho

Stop wasting time

Kidd with brute force in one move made kaido feel pain than G4 + G3 did

Kidd will be sharing the Spotlight with Luffy in this fight and the last round in act 4
He's not Law

Just to tell you people here hate Kidd coz they wish Zoro got that importance as rival against Yonko
Some people wish zoro wont be on the roof and fight YC3 vet kyoshiro you know someone like that jo-senpai?

Majority of the One Piece fanbase in general tbh. I think it’s mainly because people are not willing to accept the portrayal the author has given him because of lack of feats. Also it seems like the Luffy fanbase and especially the Zoro fanbase are insecure about Kidd for some reason. I guess even they know what’s coming lol. Those two have very big fan bases so it can seem like the majority hates Kidd because of how big their fan bases are. Because of Kidd in turn Killer gets hate as well.

But anyway don’t worry, a lot of people will either start crying and downplaying him more or start hopping on the hype train when he starts showing out.

But anyway don’t worry, a lot of people will either start crying and downplaying him more or start hopping on the hype train when he starts showing out.
Lot of people already started this with Killer, when 2 weeks ago they were shitting on him and calling him fodder

To be honest, it makes the Kid/Killer-Fandom way more enjoyable, cause we dont have these extreme escalating trolls.
"We do thing our own way"

Smoker fighting Luffy doesn’t prove he’s more of a rival than Kidd. It’s an irrelevant point. Luffy and Kidd could easily fight in the future.
It shows that Oda has actually displayed the two of them as opponents. Kid? He’s Luffy’s backup.

Yeah, and Luffy and Smoker could easily fight in the future. There’s actual build up to it. With Luffy saying they will... fight in the future,

Sure but not by as much as Luffy is over Law and especially Smoker. Kidd has the portrayal to be on the same tier as Luffy unlike Smoker or Law.
Kid’s portrayal is not enough to put him above Law. PH Smoker? Yeah, that’s fair.
Who cares if Smoker has been in the story longer than Kidd?
Oda, I’d imagine
Tien and Piccolo from DBZ were introduced as rivals to Goku WAY before Vegeta.
I’m sorry, we’re talking about One Piece here, not DBZ.
No one wants to see Luffy fight someone that Law already clowned on Punk Hazard lol. I don’t give a shit how much “build up” you think it has lol.
And do you think people really want to see Luffy fight his backup in the Kaido fight, who Luffy is also already stronger than?
You call Kidd “pirate back up” to downplay him and help your shitty argument. Kidd is one of the pirates that will lead the new era as said in Odens prophecy. Smoker is a scrub marine that Law shat on in Punk Hazard. Get real.
Killer’s one of the pirates in Oden’s prophecy as well.

Doesn’t make him much of a rival to Luffy either.
Based on your own logic, luffu can't rival Teach coz he's weaker and not even yonko level
Luffy will be Yonko level by the time he beats Kaido. We’re going to see him, at some point in this fight, be able to fight Kaido one on one. The gap between Luffy and Blackbeard is closing rapidly.

And what makes Blackbeard the great rival to Luffy is that he is that step ahead. Kid isn’t, he’s miles behind Luffy in the race to be the Pirate King.

Kidd is a rival to Luffy
The sooner you accept it, the less hatred you will have.
I don’t hate Kid. I think he’s pretty strong.

But he’s weaker than Luffy, the two are allies instead of fighting each other, and aside from Killer his crew is crap. That’s why he fails as a rival.
You’re not proving anything with this.
I’m proving that Oda has actually bothered to show Luffy and Blackbeard hate each other and fight each other evenly, while all Luffy and Kid do is play dumb games and fight as allies. That’s why Blackbeard is portrayed as Luffy’s biggest rival.
Btw this exchange between Luffy and Blackbeard came before Blackbeard obtained the DF of the Worlds Strongest Man. You realize that right?
So? Yeah, Blackbeard’s a step ahead of Luffy. That’s what makes him such a great rival. Compared to Kid, who has been completely overshadowed by Luffy’s accomplishments his entire existence.
I already said that Blackbeard is Luffy’s arch nemesis not rival. Blackbeard will be Luffys toughest opponent ever. I never have doubted this. But that doesn’t make him Luffy’s rival
It very much does. One Piece since we entered the Grand Line has been the story of Luffy and Blackbeard rising in parallel through the pirate world, going from complete unknowns to being heralded as Emperors, and then in the future fighting to be the Pirate King.

Also going by your same dumb logic of Kidd isn’t Luffy’s rival because Luffy > Kidd, wouldn’t that make Luffy and Blackbeard not rivals since Blackbeard >> Luffy?
Kid isn’t Luffy’s rival because a fight between the two of them, with all of their powers assembled, would be a massacre in favour of Luffy.

Luffy can bring himself, his nine crewmates, his grand fleet featuring seven fleet captains. Let alone any other allies that could show up like the Scabbards (samurai and Minks), Sabo or Law.
Kid can bring himself, Killer, two dudes that were named in a databook and a load of fodder.

It’s not about Kid’s strength as an individual, it’s about his military power as a pirate. That’s where Luffy completely outmatches him. That’s why Luffy was called an Emperor after WCI. Luffyis capable of taking on an Emperor’s full forces- he might not win, but he’s got enough to give it a shot. Kid would be annihilated. His own first mate this very chapter just revealed to us that he only thinks they have a shot of winning against Kaido because of Luffy.

We do thing our own way"
Proceeds to do things Luffy’s way anyway

How?
Again, if you find some fallacies in Kidd being Luffy's rival you can quote me on every point you want in the thread I made
You really think it was a total coincidence that Kid happened to appear at the exact same spot where all the alliance were gathering to fight Kaido?

He might talk a good game of doing everything by himself, but he ain’t stupid.

It shows that Oda has actually displayed the two of them as opponents. Kid? He’s Luffy’s backup.

Yeah, and Luffy and Smoker could easily fight in the future. There’s actual build up to it. With Luffy saying they will... fight in the future,

Kid’s portrayal is not enough to put him above Law. PH Smoker? Yeah, that’s fair.

Oda, I’d imagine

I’m sorry, we’re talking about One Piece here, not DBZ.

And do you think people really want to see Luffy fight his backup in the Kaido fight, who Luffy is also already stronger than?

Killer’s one of the pirates in Oden’s prophecy as well.

Doesn’t make him much of a rival to Luffy either.

Luffy will be Yonko level by the time he beats Kaido. We’re going to see him, at some point in this fight, be able to fight Kaido one on one. The gap between Luffy and Blackbeard is closing rapidly.

And what makes Blackbeard the great rival to Luffy is that he is that step ahead. Kid isn’t, he’s miles behind Luffy in the race to be the Pirate King.

I don’t hate Kid. I think he’s pretty strong.

But he’s weaker than Luffy, the two are allies instead of fighting each other, and aside from Killer his crew is crap. That’s why he fails as a rival.

I’m proving that Oda has actually bothered to show Luffy and Blackbeard hate each other and fight each other evenly, while all Luffy and Kid do is play dumb games and fight as allies. That’s why Blackbeard is portrayed as Luffy’s biggest rival.

So? Yeah, Blackbeard’s a step ahead of Luffy. That’s what makes him such a great rival. Compared to Kid, who has been completely overshadowed by Luffy’s accomplishments his entire existence.

It very much does. One Piece since we entered the Grand Line has been the story of Luffy and Blackbeard rising in parallel through the pirate world, going from complete unknowns to being heralded as Emperors, and then in the future fighting to be the Pirate King.

Kid isn’t Luffy’s rival because a fight between the two of them, with all of their powers assembled, would be a massacre in favour of Luffy.

Luffy can bring himself, his nine crewmates, his grand fleet featuring seven fleet captains. Let alone any other allies that could show up like the Scabbards (samurai and Minks), Sabo or Law.
Kid can bring himself, Killer, two dudes that were named in a databook and a load of fodder.

It’s not about Kid’s strength as an individual, it’s about his military power as a pirate. That’s where Luffy completely outmatches him. That’s why Luffy was called an Emperor after WCI. Luffyis capable of taking on an Emperor’s full forces- he might not win, but he’s got enough to give it a shot. Kid would be annihilated. His own first mate this very chapter just revealed to us that he only thinks they have a shot of winning against Kaido because of Luffy.

Proceeds to do things Luffy’s way anyway
Scabbards, Minks, Law and Sabo are part of Luffys crew now? Well shit might as well give him Hancock, Germa 66, and Dragon too. You give Luffy all his friends he’s ever made to help him and he’ll beat Blackbeard right now lol. I didn’t know every friend Luffy has made on the seas factored into Luffy and Kidd’s rivalry. You know what you’re right Kidd stands no chance and Oda drew multiple parallels between Luffy and Kidd and has them competing all the time like classic shonen rivals do for no reason. Smoker > Kidd.

I’m saying that he knows he can’t beat Kaido by himself so has decided to try and use the alliance for his own benefit. Which will ultimately just help Luffy
Nobody on the island can take Kaido 1v1 except Big Mom, if he went alone with his crew he would've died in Onigashima, same goes for Luffy and Law so what's the point?
He for sure was lucky by meeting the Alliance but assuming he had a deal with Luffy and Law is pure headcanon that goes against his characterization and manga events
For the 3rd time, if you have serious doubts about Kidd role, just quote me in the thread I linked and we can debate there

Scabbards, Minks, Law and Sabo are part of Luffys crew now?
They’re all big allies of Luffy who would help him if he asked.

One of the many things putting him above Kid, who has a grand total of one strong ally.
. I didn’t know every friend Luffy has made on the seas factored into Luffy and Kidd’s rivalry.
Of course it does. Luffy is considered an Emperor in part because of all his allies.
You know what you’re right Kidd stands no chance and Oda drew multiple parallels between Luffy and Kidd and has them competing all the time like classic shonen rivals do for no reason.
Aw, you don’t really have any comeback to this, do you?

It’s pretty simple.
Luffy vs Kid, good fight
Strawhat Pirates vs Kid Pirates, Strawhats stomp. The M3 alone might manage to beat them tbh, add in Jinbei and it’s a cert
Strawhats and Grand Fleet vs Kid Pirates, complete annihilation
Strawhats using just the people he’s officially allied with vs Kid Pirates, Kid Pirates are wiped off the face of the earth.

That’s why Kid isn’t a rival to Luffy.

Nobody on the island can take Kaido 1v1 except Big Mom, if he went alone with his crew he would've died in Onigashima, same goes for Luffy and Law so what's the point?
He for sure was lucky by meeting the Alliance but assuming he had a deal with Luffy and Law is pure headcanon that goes against his characterization and manga events
For the 3rd time, if you have serious doubts about Kidd role, just quote me in the thread I linked and we can debate there
The point is that Kid, despite all his protestations of his crew being a solo force, is very clearly working alongside the alliance.

J

Jo_Ndule

Didn't say that pre TS is irrelevant, it was just a long time ago and yes, Kidd had to prove himself and he is currently doing so. He did it since SH entered NW much more than Smoker
Doffy is a beast that's for sure and Smoker had no faults in his defeat, but that showed the huge divary between Luffy and him. When he'll be back he'll be stronger but not that much imo
The panel you posted showed one of the main reasons Kidd isn'tt like the others, he straight refused the possibility of an alliance with Luffy. He does things his own way.

If you care, we can move the discussion in the thread I linked before, so that you can punctualize what doesn't convince you about Kidd being Luffy's rival. I provided the thread with explanations and panels so you can quote what you want and we can discuss about it.

Because They don't want Another character taking the shine in an arc or in NW over Zoro
They don't want Killer to rival Zoro, it will kill their hradcaons of Zoro being near Luffy and Kidd

Kidd : has conflict with 3 Emperors just like Luffy
Survived NW without training or allies!
Was YC level as Rookie since he fought one and didn't lose.
Escaped Udone by himself before getting caught coz of Killer
Paired with Luffy on many occasions
Has CoC and a SN under him (that SN rivals Zoro)
Will be Major Player of Next Era
Was called Main threat of Worstgen (above even Teach)

Fandom " Kidd is trash, way below Luffy , he isnt a rival, he is just like Law..."

- Even before the fight started killer became luffy fanboy that's what we said before , and just from his speech u can think that he had that idea he will lose against kaido with kid he doesn't have that faith in kid even when he is with him but the inverse happened and he got that faith from Luffy things aren't good for kid fans :pepecorn: