Speculations Ryokugyu has the time fruit?

I came across this theory on the Ohara and Mr Morj's Wano report stream and the more I thought about it the more I could make up for it being possible.

The old Admirals Akainu and Kizaru and Aokiji were linked by their names. A Dog, a monkey and a pheasant. The link here being that these are three animals from the Momotaro story.

As of yet we can't find what the link between the current admirals is, that is, if there is one. But of course if Ryokugyu has the time fruit, it would make the connection evident. The connection here being Concepts in Physics. Time, Gravity and Light.

Aside from this though, the time fruit would explain the only thing we probably know about Ryokugyu's fruit. It somehow allowed him to not require food for 3 years.

There's a few ways a time based power could plausibly allow this but we know Oda is actively trying to prevent this ability from getting too whacky hence saying people can't travel back in time and such. So the mechanism that allows Ryokugyu to not require food must not be too ridiculous. Here's how I think it works.

The fruit allows the user to rewind his body to return to a previous state of being. Like if some one gets shot and survives long enough to activate the power, they can rewind themselves to a state of health and even dislodge the bullet or something. So its possible to literally never require feeding since you just rewind yourself to before you were hungry.

Now of course the fruit has to have side effects to prevent it being overpowered. We don't know exactly what the side effects for the time travel are but it's very likely there are. Now for the Rewind power though, the obvious weakness would be that you have to first of all Survive the initial attack and then rewind yourself therefore if the attack is too fast and critical, you could die and thats it.

Furthermore there is a less obvious side effect thats even more interesting. What happens to your brain when you rewind your body to a healthier state? Doesn't that mean you brain chemistry changes and you basically FORGET EVERYTHING YOU ARE REWINDING THROUGH? Now isn't that a fascinating drawback? This would imply Ryokugyu has perpetually not grown or learned anything for the last 3 years. He's been rewinding his mind and body to the same state of unhunger he was in and so keeps rewinding his mind to the state it was then thereby having literally not lived the last five years.

Pretty interesting right? The logistics alone are ridiculous. Like he became an admiral two years ago and yet his fast began 3 years ago so he technically has no memory of becoming an admiral and probably has someone else tell him what he's forgotten in the time he rewinded. And of course there's probably a reason why he keeps rewinding to that stage 3 years ago besides the hunger thing like maybe he realised that was the peak strength of his physical body and keeps rewinding himself to that state to prevent himself from deteriorating with age.

Hell this getting into Jojo and hunter X hunter levels of complicated. The fights alone would be weird since he can jump minutes or hours into the future but he appears in the same location he vanished. Also he an basically recover from any damage but then he would forget how he got attacked since his mind also went back to before he got attacked. And thats not even counting how he sends other people into the future as well.

Anyway whatever the mechanism for how he doesn't need food for 3 years with the time fruit, the theory is also predicated on there probably being a connection between the current admirals and Physics concepts stuck out hence Light time and gravity.

Edit:I've been told Green bull and Fujitora have links to the momotaro legend so the theory can more link the powers of the admirals. The orginal three admirals all had logia fruits so the new admirals have Physics concepts

Last edited:
I came across this theory on the Ohara and Mr Morj's Wano report stream and the more I thought about it the more I could make up for it being possible.

The old Admirals Akainu and Kizaru and Aokiji were linked by their names. A Dog, a monkey and a pheasant. The link here being that these are three animals from the Momotaro story.

As of yet we can't find what the link between the current admirals is, that is, if there is one. But of course if Ryokugyu has the time fruit, it would make the connection evident. The connection here being Concepts in Physics. Time, Gravity and Light.

Aside from this though, the time fruit would explain the only thing we probably know about Ryokugyu's fruit. It somehow allowed him to not require food for 5 years.

There's a few ways a time based power could plausibly allow this but we know Oda is actively trying to prevent this ability from getting too whacky hence saying people can't travel back in time and such. So the mechanism that allows Ryokugyu to not require food must not be too ridiculous. Here's how I think it works.

The fruit allows the user to rewind his body to return to a previous state of being. Like if some one gets shot and survives long enough to activate the power, they can rewind themselves to a state of health and even dislodge the bullet or something. So its possible to literally never require feeding since you just rewind yourself to before you were hungry.

Now of course the fruit has to have side effects to prevent it being overpowered. We don't know exactly what the side effects for the time travel are but it's very likely there are. Now for the Rewind power though, the obvious weakness would be that you have to first of all Survive the initial attack and then rewind yourself therefore if the attack is too fast and critical, you could die and thats it.

Furthermore there is a less obvious side effect thats even more interesting. What happens to your brain when you rewind your body to a healthier state? Doesn't that mean you brain chemistry changes and you basically FORGET EVERYTHING YOU ARE REWINDING THROUGH? Now isn't that a fascinating drawback? This would imply Ryokugyu has perpetually not grown or learned anything for the last 5 years. He's been rewinding his mind and body to the same state of unhunger he was in and so keeps rewinding his mind to the state it was then thereby having literally not lived the last five years.

Pretty interesting right? The logistics alone are ridiculous. Like he became an admiral two years ago and yet his fast began five years ago so he technically has no memory of becoming an admiral and probably has someone else tell him what he's forgotten in the time he rewinded. And of course there's probably a reason why he keeps rewinding to that stage 5 years ago besides the hunger thing like maybe he realised that was the peak strength of his physical body and keeps rewinding himself to that state to prevent himself from deteriorating with age.

Hell this getting into Jojo and hunter X hunter levels of complicated. The fights alone would be weird since he can jump minutes or hours into the future but he appears in the same location he vanished. Also he an basically recover from any damage but then he would forget how he got attacked since his mind also went back to before he got attacked. And thats not even counting how he sends other people into the future as well.

Anyway whatever the mechanism for how he doesn't need food for 5 years with the time fruit, the theory is also predicated on there probably being a connection between the current admirals and Physics concepts stuck out hence Light time and gravity.
Very interesting theory, indeed.

Ryokugyu and Fujitora do have a connection to the momotaro legend though.
- Ushi = Bull/Ox
- Tora = Tiger

All Admirals spirit animals are part of the Zodiac. The Dog, Pheasant and Monkey are considered good in the legend, while the "Ushitora" describes the direction where the Oni lived.

Man, the momotaro legend is awesome

It’s like Merlin from Nanatsu no taizai isn’t it ? You just stop your time and then you’re young forever lol
Is it? Well it's possible that that's what Oda goes for but that's not what I was describing

There's no stopped time. You have to actively rewind time whenever you feel old or hungry or get injured BUT you also lose the memories of the things you rewind through... This is probably an ability I've never seen before
Post automatically merged:

Very interesting theory, indeed.

Ryokugyu and Fujitora do have a connection to the momotaro legend though.
- Ushi = Bull/Ox
- Tora = Tiger

All Admirals spirit animals are part of the Zodiac. The Dog, Pheasant and Monkey are considered good in the legend, while the "Ushitora" describes the direction where the Oni lived.

Man, the momotaro legend is awesome
Oh okay

Then maybe this theory is more Linking their powers since the original admirals were distinguished by all being logia devil fruit users so maybe these guys are all physics condcptd

Then maybe this theory is more Linking their powers since the original admirals were distinguished by all being logia devil fruit users so maybe these guys are all physics condcptd
Possible. Could also be used as a theory that Green bull could be involved in Wano since his spirit animal is like the description where "Onigashima" is located in the momotaro story

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The time fruit theory is around 4 years old. I think it was because time, gravity and light represents general relativity? Forgot what it's called.

If it's like the other admirals, Green Bull's fruit should be OP and have a lot of range unless it's an anomaly like Sengoku.

One thing people should note is that Green Bull replaces Aokiji's justice. Fujitora is Akainu.

The time fruit theory is around 4 years old. I think it was because time, gravity and light represents general relativity? Forgot what it's called.

If it's like the other admirals, Green Bull's fruit should be OP and have a lot of range unless it's an anomaly like Sengoku.

One thing people should note is that Green Bull replaces Aokiji's justice. Fujitora is Akainu.
Well 4 years ago we didn't have that whole "fasting for 3 years" context so I got the idea from that Mr Morj video but I most focused on how the time fruit would explain the Fasting thing... and I don't know about you but that whole Rewind thing I came up with seems pretty interesting if it's used in creative ways

So you would have to explain to him what happened in 5 years everytime he gets hubgry and goes back 5 years ago ?

That's stupid. Also forget where the attack come from when he nullify it ? Double stupid

NO.

and Lady Toki had it

So you would have to explain to him what happened in 5 years everytime he gets hubgry and goes back 5 years ago ?

That's stupid. Also forget where the attack come from when he nullify it ? Double stupid

NO.

and Lady Toki had it
Well didn't I say that the Rewind thing has a draw backs? Have you not watched Hunter X hunter or jojo? Those shows have fights that are vastly superior to one piece fights and have vastly more complicated powers with vastly more ridiculous drawbacks...

It seems your imagination is failing you here. Try watching hunter X hunter and see a character who has an ability that can work on only eight specific people in the entire world and somehow thats made into a more interesting fight than anything in One piece