Recent content by Welkin

  1. Welkin

    Controversial Should I keep the Lunge avatar?

    I rock with it
  2. Welkin

    Anime & Manga One Piece Spoilers - The Waiting Room

    Break p sure
  3. Welkin

    General & Others Is Oda pushing Zoro vice captain title ?

    I think it would be really nice to see We were all waiting to see him lead the Wano samurai and that never happened Would be cool to see more leadership moments from him before he’s given the title of “Vice Captain” in verse It wouldn’t be “official” though probably, since I have a really...
  4. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    Based on Sommers’ dialogue Zoro is getting tired but we know why He’s throwing out various attacks that would defeat Sommers in one hit, two at most, but he’s unable to control when he’s using conqueror’s Thats why I’m so confused by the pacing of this chapter. The only thing that stopped...
  5. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    If Zoro spends X pages finishing off Sommers that means you think Sanji will awaken CoC and beat Killingham in 3/4 of 1 chapter That’s like the opposite of Oda’s pacing style And it would also be lame. Why would you want his fight to not even last a chapter? He should struggle much more...
  6. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    Not really All they have to do is use the same argument that they always used to prove Sanji was gonna get CoC despite all the doubt: plot You need mastery over ACoC to beat a Holy Knight and Sanji has to beat a Holy Knight I think it’ll partially be nonsense (which is why he should’ve...
  7. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    After reading through the chapter with some decent translations to go along with it I actually like it more than I did initially Zoro isn’t struggling as much as I’d like in what should be an arc defining fight but Oda letting us into Zoro’s head while he grapples with what it means to wield...
  8. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    Zoro’s conqueror’s haki has nothing to do with having a low self esteem though Well at least that’s not how I read it Zoro is a simple (and stupid) guy. He believed that conqueror’s haki was something that only captains/those that lead their own groups could possess It’s not that he thinks...
  9. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    I mean they can just ring them out, no? What does a Holy Knight do about being frozen by Aokiji for example Nothing
  10. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    The thing is Oda DID do that but he only did it once The initial clash between Sommers and Zoro was the talk of the town because of the hype behind Dragon Damnation When Sommers not only clashed with it but OVERPOWERED Zoro that surprised everyone and made a lot of people start respecting...
  11. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    It’s really not bad at all, people are just exaggerating cause it’s not what they wanted out of the fight I think some people wanted it to be more of a back and forth that lead to Zoro’s growth Instead he’s just bullying him. Really if that was gonna be the case then the chapter should’ve...
  12. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    I think Oda can still draw a good back and forth fight but that isn’t really his goal here Zoro is clearly a level above Sommers even without fully mastered ACoC and that’s what he’s trying to demonstrate It’s just that it feels underwhelming because of how he opened the fight
  13. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    I think this is the only part that gets me about these confrontations It feels like Oda wanted to make Sommers a credible threat and now he’s just… not lol Went from blocking what we saw as Zoro’s strongest attack to this in the span of a few chapters Not sure if this is a sign of Zoro...
  14. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    This has been a known thing since forever I also think it’s a little silly that One Piece of all things is critiqued for certain characters having genetic advantages I’m not a big fan of the concept but this also applies to almost every shonen ever In Naruto most of the strong characters are...
  15. Welkin

    Spoiler One Piece Chapter Spoiler 1194 Spoilers Discussion

    🧢 Yamato is a conqueror that’s aware of their conqueror’s haki and would get washed by any Admiral But that’s assuming the Admirals don’t have it
Top