One Piece Episode 964 - Whitebeard's Little Brother! Oden's Great Adventure!

Rate The Episode

• 5/5

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • 4/5

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • 3/5

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 2/5

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 1/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The same person that animated Zoro vs Killer fight right?
Yep. His also animated tons of other shit on the series like Jet Gattling against Lucci, or King Kobra vs Diced Mochi.
who animated the paradise waterfall scene
that was goated
Last episode against Whitebeard?

That was Tu Yong Ce. I'm hoping he works on Kaido vs Oden(though his shown interest in working on the scabbards vs Kaido and the worst generation vs Kaido down the line.

Oh, that was animated by Takashi Kojima, who also animated the Red Hawk against Holdem, Sanji taking down Drake, that really cool warm up fight between Zoro and Killer, and Zoro fighting those magistrates in the first episode of Wano.
oh whoever that is
they are good
sanji drake scene was great
red hawk too
and I loved paradise waterfall in that ep. esp when the cut went through the entire flower capital.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Enjoyed Oden's adventure montage. I really love his character arc and its fit within Wano's overall theme. Hard for me to enjoy anything Toki as I soured on her character for future events. Oh well....

One Piece theorists be like "Dude, Zoro is Oden's true son broooo"

• Oden looks three times bigger than Toki. :odenugh:And these two procreated?:whitepress:

• You're not fighting 16 year old boys anymore, Oden. This is the legendary captain Karma as seen in some background shots of Marineford!:yasu:

• Oden doing the Luffy pose. Iconic since he reverted back to a child learning and exploring in his first adventure.

• I love that Whitebeard's seat on the ship is a big blue cushy sofa chair.
  • Whitey Bay wearing her skirt in a snow storm.:zorothink: She really IS a cold-blooded ice queen.

• I wonder if that horned giant with a club was a Number released into the wild. These rejects serve no purpose unless you're a telemarketer on the line with Kaido.

• Marco, Jozu and Vista swooning over romance like schoolgirls.:catlewd:
  • Back when Blackbeard had a regular nose and full set of teeth. His voice sells him as sweet and innocent too.:crybeard:

• Roger showing PK-level neck game at the end, Oden better hide them wife and kids.
An alright episode. The first half was subpar with too many low quality out-of-focus shots, but the second half stepped it up and I quite enjoyed it. There are so many good adventure tracks that the OST was an easy knockout. The focus on Oden's curious and joyous expressions was great to show the viewers the face of Adventure Oden different from how serious, annoyed or just eager fight he's been recently. Toki looked out of place and petite when even Marco towers over her, but that's a New World pirate crew for you. All the questions that surround her to not even knowing her own birth place guarantee she'll return in the future to dump ancient lore on us. Oden and Toki forming their biological family as part of Whitebeard's greater family is just too touching, a nice change from all the bachelor and dead beat dad pirates that populate the series.

Roger and my boy Orochi bringing the greatness next episode. It's so hot that Gaban had to change to a new shirt in the preview.

Episode was okay. Could have used a one minute recap to be better paced. The first half wasn't that great, but the second half was actually pretty solid. It actually had a pretty nice montage unlike last episode, and had a good utilization of transitions.

The first half felt a bit slow and disjointed, only really benefitting from being pretty in a few area's(sunsets look really nice).

Overall, a decent episode, but nothing to write home about.

Next episode looks interesting. Kazuya Hisada is animation supervisor, and it seems Katsumi Ishizuka is animating the big clash.
Post automatically merged:

oh whoever that is
they are good
sanji drake scene was great
red hawk too
and I loved paradise waterfall in that ep. esp when the cut went through the entire flower capital.
Yeah, they're a veteran animator. Its good that they are almost semi regulars on One Piece at this point.

Last edited:
Legendary Episode 9/10

Quality is superb. Oden was fantastic. Few things to note for me at least
  • Oden/Toki size difference bugs me.
  • Blackbeard/Orochi begged Whitebeard/Sukiyaki same episode
  • Where ever Oden goes, it’s nice to know he has three of his Scabbards with him.
  • Ushimaru not related to Zoro I guess
  • I don’t like Toki’s VA, she sounds kinda raspy and/or old.
  • Roger and Shanks looks so damn goated.
Episode Highlights

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Disgustingly bad
I've seen 5 frames of this episode and I know this shit is bad

Do they make these episodes while taking a shit or something?
I've never seen so many errors in any anime that failed to copy paste source material
The preview looks pathetically bad

Just end this garbage anime...
Hope you're having a good weekend, brother