Versus Battle L VS LIGHT VS LELOUCH VS JOHAN LIEBERT VS DANTALIAN

R1: who is the smartest? R2: Who achieves his goal?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
for me Johan has clearly the lead he is an expert of mind games and play the criminal for much longer. Light and Lelouch are great but they are teens, they are attached to their close relatives etc. The only thing that can hinder him is the superpowers of those two. But in fact I think that superpowers can be used against them because with them they think they are invincible.
Lelouch is, Light was shown to not care about his family or anyone else besides him, Lelouch on the other hand loved his sister and was attached to her. Their powers definitely help them here, if Light gets to know Johan's name it is over, and Lelouch needs just a look.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Lelouch is, Light was shown to not care about his family or anyone else besides him, Lelouch on the other hand loved his sister and was attached to her. Their powers definitely help them here, if Light gets to know Johan's name it is over, and Lelouch needs just a look.
Yeah their powers help without them Liebert school them. The smartest in the more criminal, evil way is Johan.
If johan had knowledge about their powers I can see him finding a way around them.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Something tells me Lelouch will take it honestly. I remember Code Geass verse to be so op xd
Something just hit me, are you Yasu?

Yeah their powers help without them Liebert school them. The smartest in the more criminal, evil way is Johan.
If johan had knowledge about their powers I can see him finding a way around them.
Without powers, most certainly Johan would be the most dangerous. He may very well find a way to do so.

This is an intellectual battle so who do you think is the smartest among these five?
Dantalian is a character from a Korean novel Dungeon Defense, he is a NEET teen from Korea who wakes up in a game and uses his intellect to survive and rise to power quickly, he is as cunning and manipulative as they come.
Here is more info on him :
https://dungeondefensenovel.fandom.com/wiki/Dantalian

Bonus round : They are all in the same universe, who achieves his goal? Does Light become the God of a new world, does Johan succeed in burning the world, does Lelouch destroy Britannia and become the rule ,does Dantalian rise to power and become the ruler of the world, or does L stop all of them? Assume they know of each other and that they see each other as obstacles in achieving their goals, but they have no info on each other, they have to figure that out. Who comes out as the winner here?
Put Aizen from Bleach on this mix.

Last edited:
Edit- this turned out pretty long. Lol

Is this Johan from Monster?
I think instead of one of em beating the all others what i guess most users here are imagining , this situation will be much more complex than that. These characters will take each other and the one playing safe in the end would end up surviving. Another key point here is, they ain't aware of each other abilities at the start of the game, since they have no info on each other which imo is most crucial step in the process of taking one out.

Now i haven't read Dungeon Defense so i really can't comment on him.

Starting with Light, his main con is he requires name n face of the user to kill and relied on TV to get his targets in Deathnote . Since be it L, Johan or Lelouch he isn't gonna to get those names n faces easily(L keeps his identity n name hidden, Lelouch wears a mask and Johan doesn't commit the crime himself, more name n origins also mystery to solve) , which would force him to come out n get close/in touch with his targets which isn't a good step given the risks.
Bt yes if he blackmails or manipulate allies into writing their names in the Death note paper like he did with detective in the metro at start would be his biggest plus here. (this potentially pose danger to Lelouch given his identity(face) is known to their family members given Light figures out his name n heads out to meet his sister/other family members or friends. As for Johan even tho his face is known by his sister n persons he interacted with in the past, his name was a mystery until the very end if i remember correctly:unsure:)
Light further has one trump card, he can give his half his life in exchange for knowing names(even tho we all know he would never do that), if we include that he would gain quite an advantage here, especially against L n Johan.
Bt like i said he has one big flaw he is overconfident.

Lelouch keeps the masks on, so even tho his name might get figured out it would require physical force to get his maks off in person with Police or forces help, which is still hard job to do given his cunning nature and that he can literally manipulate anyone with his eyes. Others are most surceptible against him, if they end up meeting him without being aware of his abilities. His abilities can be beneficial against L, given he can manipulate detective into Killing L or also Light if he hides amongst em pretending to be solving cases. Against Johan i dont think its easy to attmpt this(unless direct confrontation) given his continuous random movements and unknown whereabouts, and that he kills without second thoughts so can't really expect few person to be successful in attempting a kill.
I think only Light stands a chance at takin him out by contacting Lelouch family members, it would be hard for police forces to tackle Lelouch and same for Johan with mass manipulation. Bt one can still Manipulate other to kill other, if that make any sense lol. I would get back to it when i get to L.

Johan, is psychologically the most dangerous amongst em, he is true Evil .The fact that he can easily manipulate masses to go on Kill mode, is a fearsome ability to imagine especially against someone like L, who works with the help of masses, police n detective, and any one of can go Nuclear on L. Or Light if he comes out and hide among the detective while pretending to be helping in their case. Against Lelouch, this ability won't work tho, i think Lelouch manipulation is stronger superhuman ability.
Johan negative point here is that we don't know how he would fare against the level of Intelligence of World best detective like L, in Monster It was a simple Dr that was chasing after him and he neither had the training, Proficiency or manpower to do that detective stuff properly . While L should be able to easily do that stuff given he has manpower, brains, access to information as the Best detective of the World.

In the end i would say my best Bet here is L, he is the best Detective out there in the world. And even tho he supposedly lost to Light in Deathnote, bt if one gauge the odds that were against him from the very start, he made much more progression in comparison.
Light only survived against L because L had to work within following in the general rules of society and had great advantage of Death note and anonymous identity from start. L has to figure out Light from among the countless people on Earth and it wouldn't be wrong to say he was successful in that. Not only he easily got aware of some strange abilities in work for mysterious death, he easily also figure out Light abilities n process of Killin. Imagine the same with Lelouch n Johan.
Figuring out opponent abilities is like wining half the battle in itself. That would help L take the necessary step and actions to ensure his safety.
Now keeping himself from harm way, he can start figuring out the identities n origin of these characters, and comparable to finding Light among billions of people) especially given Kirra can kill anyone simply from anywhere just with name n a face) and hnce Lelouch n Johan case doesn't seem impossible.
And once he is aware of Lelouch n johan identities, the very first step he can take is reveal their identies to the world, where he would be in the position of making these 3 face each other off while keeping himself from harm way.
And in the process he can also gain more valuable information about em, which would again help him take em later on. I can easily imagine Light going after Lelouch one of the family members to take our Lelouch. As for Johan, i don't think capturing with manforces is really hard to do given he is human at the end of day(very fact he would have died with bullet in the head if not for Dr in the very start) and can't instantly manipulate people to successfully escape . His abilities are more concerned with takin benefit of evils/doubts inside humans and forcing the negativity out to turn em hostile or by blackmailing em into killing.

But If to really stand a chances at winning this L, has to play with no rules or followeing no Laws of modern society. Johan needs to b killed as soon as he is captured else it would be impossible to keep him captive. Same for Lelouch.
Also L would have also won against Light if he had killed him the moment he grew suspicious of him.

Now if Light had taken out Lelouch, this battle would be btween L n Light n if L plays with no rules he wins.. N if Light do the eye deal he wins.
If Light fails to take out lelouch(less likely tho given Light could ward off L for such long time he is master genis when it comes to it) bt if Lelouch catches him first, Lelouch now would be formidable enemy for L, given he now also has Death note in his profession. Now it would dpnd on if Police forces/manpower will be able to capture Lelouch or not, given Lelouch has his Robit like machine and he can manipulate em with his ability.

Now having written this, i feel i went with one way approach i might arrive at different answer is i start with different start. There are other individual aspect that i failed to consider in this hypothesis. Bt my main focus was i give more edge to L n Light when it comes to Brains. The amount of thought process that went through their heads in makin plans to outdo each other with multiple step moves with chess pieces in Chess i dont imagine Lelouch n Johan keeping up with that. Lelouch while had his similar moment of moving chess pieces like on chessboard in the very starting of fights bt his talent lies on doing the best in the situation (at least that's what i remember, it's been long i watched it) and JOHAN in manipulative the evils inside us. Hence i naturally favour L n Light for their deep thought process.

Fun fact- (what if situation to consider)Lol what if Johan gets possession of Death note by beating L, man that would be sick combination.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
I'm not familiar with Dantalian, and my memories of Monster and Code Geass are hazy, but if I had to determine who was at the bottom of the 3, it'd be Lelouch who, while brilliant, tended to lose his cool more often, or needed to be bailed by luck or make the most out of a bad situation. Johan, however, is top tier in manipulation and deception, while Light's contingencies were his strong suit. If I had to go on my gut feeling.

1. Johan
2. Light
3. Lelouch

L is a good guy, this can bite him in the ass.
Pure IQ-wise Light is the highest but his God complex and overconfidence make him not really that reliable.
Lelouch has too many downs: loses his cool, has a family he cares about and has moral dilemmas.
Johan, while not the smartest (altho he beats Lelouch imo), is the most manipulative one and all the other 3 have flaws to be explored. Also he isn't a kid and is the most experienced one.
Only a true monster can overcome supernatural abilities.
Johan wins this.

in the strategical standpoint, imo even Light's strategy and instakill ability lose against L's combined disciple with no magic ability. But Lelouch with his Geass is unbeatable even by an ability to see the future or an ability to stop time. He predicted every argument from Schneizel and reacted accordingly using the last video recording against Schneizel's train of thought.

but Johann can manipulate people's feelings and perspective. This is attained with natural skills of psychiatric manipulation instead of Geass.

So while both Lelouch and Johann are undefeatable, i give this to Johann Liebert. Look, Doctor. The Monster is growing BIGGER inside of me. The only thing that every being in this world equals in, is death.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Thanks mate ! I never read manhwa so I will try and see if it is my style.

If you want brains and politics Legend of galactic heroes is good. It is pretty old but has a lot of charms and greats subjects and characters.(the old one not the new adaptation)
Turns out it was actually a light novel lmao, not a manhwa. But did you ever check it out lmao?