Powers & Abilities Sanji's Third and Final Stage of Jambe: Diable Jambe, Ifrit Jambe and Surtr Jambe!!!❤️‍🔥

Am I onto something here?

• Total voters
Let me copy and paste my post here real quick since I'm too lazy to type the whole thing out.

We all know that Oda sure loves mythology. So since we're going by mythology route, Sanji should have the third and final stage of Jambe which is Surtr Jambe. In Norse mythology, Surtr is a fire demon or a primordial Jötunn (giant) present in the Norse mythology. He is the first fire giant who ruled in the fiery wilderness called Muspelheim. Surt was the guardian of Muspelheim. He stood at the border, brandishing a flaming sword. At the time of Ragnarok, the end of the world, Surt was destined to lead the fire giants into battle against the gods. He is also one of two "supreme evils" of the old Scandinavian myths, the other being Loki. Surtr's name means “Black” or “The Swarthy One” in Old Norse. In Norse myths, the jötnar (plural for jötunn) are often referred to as “the opposite of the gods”.

Some highlighted connections here:
- Fire demon
- Loki connection (Both Sanji and Loki are princes)
- Surtr's name means "black" and Sanji have a black epithet.
- The Opposite of the Gods (Sanji is/will be a D?)
- You could say that Surtr is a "God" at some point and Sanji could be considered a "God" if we are going by preferences. So this one will be optional.

Surtr's design concepts

Back in Thriller Bark, Zoro told Usopp that if Sanji keeps getting angry, he might transform into something. Against Queen, Sanji say that his fire comes from his passion so his flames could still increases even more (and we all know that Sanji's passion is unparalleled). In this chapter, Sanji said that due to his newly exoskeleton upgrade and his armament that he has been training, his legs can finally handle the heat of the flames. Which means that Sanji could fight for a long period of time, it's just that his legs won't be able to handle the impact and heat.

And according to Islam mythology, Ifrit, also spelled as efreet, afrit, and afreet, is a powerful type of demon in Islamic mythology. The afarit are often associated with the underworld and also identified with the spirits of the dead, and have been compared to evil geniī loci in European culture.

I would add some small personal theory of mine here, Diable Jambe would be orange/red colored flame, while Ifrit is actually blue. Then the third stage, Surtr, can be black flame. I think that would be symbolic considering how Oda pulls pun with "3" for Sanji. Sanji's three stages, Sanji's three flames colors, etc.

In summary,

Diable Jambe:

Ifrit Jambe:

Surtr Jambe:

Now, here are some frequently asked questions:
- How can Sanji receive any more durability boost in order for him to gain Surtr Jambe?

My answer: Good question, I actually don't know what durability boost Sanji would gain, maybe Sanji's legs gets harder overtime to the point that he could use it? That's probably the case. Or his legs become permanent black like black blades (Lmao).

- What opponent would Sanji fight in order to gain this ability?

My answer: Since Surtr have connection with Loki, my guess would be that Sanji would beat Loki and unlock Surtr Jambe. And the mythology story of Surtr centers around Ragnarok and Asgard so I think it would be symbolic for Sanji to gain this ability in Elbaf. The problem is that I don't know if Loki is strong enough to make Sanji to unlock this power, maybe Loki is a devil fruit user? Time will tell.

Man, can't wait to revive this thread in 3 years when I get this theory right per usual.
I could be finding a gold mine or stepping on a land mine with this theory.
That's all from Goat.
Let me know your opinions on this ^^

Tagging some mythology enthusiasts on this

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Let me copy and paste my post here real quick since I'm too lazy to type the whole thing out.

We all know that Oda sure loves mythology. So since we're going by mythology route, Sanji should have the third and final stage of Jambe which is Surtr Jambe. In Norse mythology, Surtr is a fire demon or a primordial Jötunn (giant) present in the Norse mythology. He is the first fire giant who ruled in the fiery wilderness called Muspelheim. Surt was the guardian of Muspelheim. He stood at the border, brandishing a flaming sword. At the time of Ragnarok, the end of the world, Surt was destined to lead the fire giants into battle against the gods. He is also one of two "supreme evils" of the old Scandinavian myths, the other being Loki. Surtr's name means “Black” or “The Swarthy One” in Old Norse. In Norse myths, the jötnar (plural for jötunn) are often referred to as “the opposite of the gods”.

- Fire demon
- You could say that Surtr is a "God" at some point and Sanji could be considered a "God" if we are going by preferences. So this one will be optional.

Surtr's design concepts

Back in Thriller Bark, Zoro told Usopp that if Sanji keeps getting angry, he might transform into something. Against Queen, Sanji say that his fire comes from his passion so his flames could still increases even more (and we all know that Sanji's passion is unparalleled). In this chapter, Sanji said that due to his newly exoskeleton upgrade and his armament that he has been training, his legs can finally handle the heat of the flames. Which means that Sanji could fight for a long period of time, it's just that his legs won't be able to handle the impact and heat.

And according to Islam mythology, Ifrit, also spelled as efreet, afrit, and afreet, is a powerful type of demon in Islamic mythology. The afarit are often associated with the underworld and also identified with the spirits of the dead, and have been compared to evil geniī loci in European culture.

I would add some small personal theory of mine here, Diable Jambe would be orange/red colored flame, while Ifrit is actually blue. Then the third stage, Surtr, can be black flame. I think that would be symbolic considering how Oda pulls pun with "3" for Sanji. Sanji's three stages, Sanji's three flames colors, etc.

In summary,

Diable Jambe:

Ifrit Jambe:

Surtr Jambe:

- How can Sanji receive any more durability boost in order for him to gain Surtr Jambe?

My answer: Good question, I actually don't know what durability boost Sanji would gain, maybe Sanji's legs gets harder overtime to the point that he could use it? That's probably the case. Or his legs become permanent black like black blades (Lmao).

My answer: Since Surtr have connection with Loki, my guess would be that Sanji would beat Loki and unlock Surtr Jambe. And the mythology story of Surtr centers around Ragnarok and Asgard so I think it would be symbolic for Sanji to gain this ability in Elbaf. The problem is that I don't know if Loki is strong enough to make Sanji to unlock this power, maybe Loki is a devil fruit user? Time will tell.

Man, can't wait to revive this thread in 3 years when I get this theory right per usual.
That's all from Goat.

Damn Oda, why you didn't made Ifrit Jambe with blue flames:josad:

Very cool theory.
Diable Jambe and Ifrit Jambe are basically Super Saiyan (golden aura/flames) and Super Saiyan 2 (golden aura with sparkles/flames with sparkles), so why not a Super Saiyan 3/Surtr Jambe?
And you know what Surtr brings with him? The Ragnarok.
:finally:
Kizaru and Green Bull better watch out, the Demon God Leg is hotter than ever.
:myman:

I hope this 3-themed theory came true, but i dont want Sanji just to enter the next stage without any lore or elaboration. If he had stomped the Raid Suit, why does he still have Exoskeleton? Why muse we see the half-ass shonen clichè "my strength is different" lame stuff lol, Oda please put some effort into it. Some modification of Color of Armament branch which generates constant super-friction, making continuous huge explosion by each kick, like a much stronger version Mr.3's chain bombing? Consuming some super spice from Power Recipe, with the various effect like increasing neurohormonal brain activity, enabling Sanji to create his own martial arts? I mean some lore would be nice.

- Fire demon

Surtr's design concepts

In summary,

Diable Jambe:

Ifrit Jambe:

Surtr Jambe:

That's all from Goat.

Masterful prediction. I like it. :myman:

I love the idea.

I think Oda might stick with the three prime western religions though:
1. Christianity - Diable Jambe
2. Islam - Ifrit Jambe
3. Judaism - Shedim Jambe

For those who don’t know, Shedim are “Demons” found in the Jewish Torah. However, the thing that sets them apart is that they are not evil entities rather, the Jewish people believed that they were the gods of their enemies.

They’re known to be powerful destructive forces for their enemies as well as protective forces for their allies.

So if it’s true that Sanji does have a connection to Lunarians, the gods before celestial dragons, this brand of demon would work the best.

Also the most well known Shedim, Asmodeus is known as the prince of lust