Powers & Abilities Queen proves that Shiryu’s DF is dogshit

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
What’s the difference? Suke Suke doesn’t make you intangible
It is much harder to work around those who can completely disappear. Even regular COO may not help given how Absalom saved Moria from Doffy, a COO user. Also, Suke Suke no Mi enables you to make things other than your body disappear. That can be deadly depending on the wielder.

Doflamingo couldn't detect Absolom or Moria in Marineford and Doflamingo's CoO is at the bare minimum standard / acceptable levels.

So it really means you need high tier CoO to detect invisibility, if it works the same way between the devil fruit and Germa's technology.
I wonder. If Zoro’s main struggle in his fight with Shiryu will be finding him due to the invisibility and he needs to improve his CoO to win, then how would current Zoro handle Queen?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I wonder. If Zoro’s main struggle in his fight with Shiryu will be finding him due to the invisibility and he needs to improve his CoO to win, then how would current Zoro handle Queen?
Tatsumaki and large AoE slashes would be my bet. In Dressrosa, he had massive air slashes. Queen's anything but a speedster so Zoro just needs to apply common sense and say Queen moved in one of two directions and send out a vertical slash. Or be cheeky and send out a horizontal slash.

I do think Zoro v. Shiryuu will come down to a CoO flex from Zoro. He's going to need to be at least a top high tier in all Haki stats (he's already above that with CoA and CoC) in order to beat Mihawk.

I think there is going to be more to it than just basic invisibility. I don’t think Oda is going to go down the route that science can perfectly reproduce a devil fruits abilities. For example, the Pacifista created by Vegapunk (who is hyped as the GOAT scientist) by analyzing Kizaru’s fruit can only replicate its most basic ability (generic laser beam). The Pacifista doesn’t have any of the other abilities like creating light constructs (nevermind turning into light)

Momo is a bit of an outlier but thats because Kaidos fruit itself was copied, not the abilities reproduced through other means.

Regardless, I do think its hard to make a fight involving invisibility to be interesting. Its a bit of a gimmick. Another option I would like is if Blackbeard have the ability to freely transfer fruits over, so Shiryu doesn’t even end up with the Clear Clear fruit.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
1. Shiryu wouldn't make creak noises. The dude was highly stealthy back in Impel Down, when he sneaked past high level security and slaughtered the ones in the control room.

2. Shiryu isn't slow or flashy like Queen.

3. Shiryu won't randomnly try to hit a geisha in the middle of the fight and out himself to a CoO user by unveiling his intent.

4. Pika Pika fruit's lasers > Queen's and Pacifista's; Goro Goro fruit's Lightning > Niji's lightning and Zeus's lightning;
Going by the same logic - Suke Suke fruit's invisibility > Science based invisibility. We'll know what makes it superior when we see him in action.

A

Admiral-Ooze

I am going to give Oda the benefit of the doubt here, and assume he has already had in mind the redundancy of Shiryu's fruit when he first handed out invisibility to Sanji back in Chap. 931.

Assuming he did, it is likely that Oda will have given the Suke-Suke abilties that will prove it's superiority over simple Germa tech, such as extended usage running on your energy levels as opposed to battery usage like technological invisiblity might have.

Maybe Oda will give it an awakening that allows the user to become completely clear, intangible sort of how logias can go intangible.

It’s dog shit. Can’t deny how disappointed I’m with the DF choice, Oda should have gone the route of making Shyriu stronger not trickier. It would be good if he can push Zoro to mid diff at that point in the story.