Theory All 13 Strawhats and Blackbeard matchups [Ultimate Theory]

Hello everyone !

I am a french fan that wants to share his own theory of the chapter 861's cover ! (Maybe you have already read it on Reddit ?!)

Here is my personal matchup between cats and strawhats :

Nekomamushi : lion's mane, all cats "on board"
Luffy : hanging like a monkey, malicious smile, left part hidden = hidden scar
Zoro : same cloths, drunk, looking at Sanji, black left ear = closed left eye
Nami : sunbathing, relaxed, feminine
Usopp : sleeping well thanks to the strongest at his side, spots of a reptile like a lezard, his sign
Sanji : inside the table like inside the boat cooking, looking at Zoro, black right ear = hidden right eye
Chopper : hiding, shy, same behavior than Chopper when he was introduced
Robin : black wavy coat as her hair, observing look
Franky : goggles, working on the Sunny in underwear
Brook : suit, sunglasses because "blind", black ears like his afro
Jinbe : smiling, drinking sake, traditional outfit
Carrot : black ears to point her long rabbit ears, look of a kid
Gorm : chipmunk stripes, eyes closed refering to his glasses, licking paws as he bites hazelnuts
Vivi : starring at the ocean by the window just like she looks by the window of her castle

All come from a special part of the ocean and have a special nature :
- East Blue : Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji as humans
- Paradise : Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook as mutants (chimera, clone, cyborg, undead)
- New World : Jinbe, Carrot, Gorm, Vivi as animals (whale shark fishman, rabbit mink, chipmunk giant and duck rider)

All follow a specific pattern :
M0 : a special one for the so called Monster Trio
M1 : healers of Luffy as Zoro taking pain, Chopper treating his injuries, Jinbe support during mourning
F1 : ladies and enemies at first, Nami with Arlong, Robin with Crocodile and Carrot with Kaidou
M2 : creators as Usopp being a botanist, Franky being a carpenter and Gorm being a smith
M3 : leaders as Sanji being a prince, Brook leading a battle convoy, Vivi being a princess/future queen

All follow a scheme with alphabet, colors, and signs :
Luffy : KL / red / monkey
Zoro : YZ / green / tiger
Nami : MN / orange / cat (as a vietnamese zodiac sign)
Usopp : UV / yellow / lezard-snake
Sanji : ST / blue / goat
Chopper : CD / pink / tanuki-dog
Robin : QR / purple / bird-rooster
Franky : EF / light blue / rhino-ox
Brook : AB / black&white / horse
Jinbe : IJ / ochre / boar-pig
Carrot : OP / jade green / rabbit

Remember Nami tied to Arlong and Robin tied to Crocodile ? I will detail that theory in another post but I believe that Carrot is or is linked to a forth calamity called Page (court cards of Tarot being King/Queen/Knight/Page) that will be revealed on Kaidou's flashback and sent with amnesia into the future by Toki, especially according to that panel where I clearly see Carrot at the top right :

Gorm : GH / indigo / squirrel-rat

Yes, following the pattern and seeing the striped cat, I am 100% sure that the 12th mugiwara will be a Giant boy from Elbaf, with the ability to reduce his size and turn into a chipmunk thanks to the Haze Haze Fruit (from Hazelnut). The squirrel of the cover chapter 1004 "Kibi-dango" (black and white picture) is a teaser of his recruitment. He will be inspired by Gorm (color picture) or Halvar from Vic the Viking (Google is your friend), a serie used by Oda to draw several giants from One Piece. He will also be based on Ratatosk, the squirrel from the Nordic mythology, who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil (Adam Tree of Elbaf ?) to carry messages between the eagle perched atop Yggdrasil, and the serpent Níðhöggr.

Vivi : WX (as Miss Wednesday when introduced and being called VV) / gold / dove-dragon

Nothing special here, just to respect 3 strawhats per blood type, the Giant will be XF, the same creative blood type than Franky. (All of the others have been revealed and confirmed.)

The only remaining primary color unused as hair color in the crew is red. Red that seems to be a special and rare color in One piece. (Shanks, Kidd, Rockstar..) So pretty sure the Giant will have red hair and share a common history with the others red hair characters.

The theory is not new. Oda kind of confirmed in a SBS that the addition of all Devil Fruit names will have a sum of 325, refering to the Sunny being 325 with the Goroawase code (San-Ni-Go). So here is the formula with the Mink and the Giant filling the Logia and Zoan void :

Luffy (red) : Go-Mu 5-6
Chopper (pink) : Hi-To 1-10
Robin (purple) : Ha-Na 8-7
Brook (grey) : Yo-Mi 4-3
Carrot (green) : Yu-Ki 9 (yes she will eat the Yuki fruit on a mandarin tree of Nami after Monet's death)
Gorm (blue) : Ha-Ze 2-0
56 + 110 + 87 + 43 + 9 + 20 = 325 !

As a summary :
- Carrot will be the Look-out with the ability to generate snow.
- Gorm will be the Smith with the ability to sculpt statues and create cannons (with teeth or axe).
- Vivi will be the Chief of Staff ruling on the Strawhat Grand Fleet just like Sabo or Sai.
Luffy adores snow, has always wanted a bronze statue and has a fleet. Bingo !

To conclude my theory, I will strenghten my writing exposing explained matchups with the Blackbeard crew, using concrete arguments as appearance, ability and history :

BATTLEAPPEARANCEABILITYHISTORY
Blackbeard vs LuffyAdmirals Devil Fruits / Haki Teach will eat the Thunderbird Fruit of Dragon
Jesus Burgess vs Sanji Masked WrestlersFighters / Fire with Jesus having Mera Mera Fruit / Haki Jesus is from the Three-Eyed Tribe, a link with Pudding
Shiryu vs Zoro Mercenaries Swordsmen / Haki Shiryu might be a descendant of a daimyo of Wano
Van Augur vs Usopp Snipers Shots / Haki Augur is from East Blue, maybe Sniper Island
Avalo Pizzaro vs Gorm Vikings Hunters / Pizzaro as a Snow Leopard and Gorm as a Chipmunk Pizzaro is from North Blue, probably a link with Giants
Laffitte vs Brook ShinigamisIllusions / Swords / Laffitte as a Siren with wings and hypnosis Laffitte is also from West Blue, maybe the same country
Catarina Devon vs Carrot Musketeers Fire fox and snow bunny / Both using electricityDevon is called Crescent Moon Hunter (Su Long ?)
Sanjuan Wolf vs Chopper Giants Colossus / Chopper using rumbles to reach a bigger height Wolf is from a giant island of West Blue
Vasco Shot vs Jinbe Karatekas Martial art fight / Flaming alcohol versus water mastery Shot looks like a blobfish, a link with Fish-man Island
Doc Q vs Vivi Witch/Princess Riders / Battle of destiny with a fruit based on chance Q looks like the witch of Snow White, represented as Vivi
(Skypiean) vs Nami Wizards/Sorcerers Mastery of Elements with the ability to fly Bilkan, Lunarian, Skypiean : someone linked to the Sky
(Demon) vs Robin Assassins/Demons Ability to turn into something demonic, like an incubus Marine, CP0, Oni : someone linked to the Void Century
(Cyborg) vs Franky Cyborgs/Robots Mastery of Vegapunk's artillery, maybe 100% robot Member of MADS : someone linked to Vegapunk

Bonus : what defined the rank of the Titans ? Hierarchy and speed. Remember the 50m contest :

The top 3 commanders follows the rank of Jesus (1st) - Shiryu (2nd) - Augur (3rd) / Sanji - Zoro - Usopp.
Gorm will be a small squirrel so he will be faster than Brook.
Carrot will be lighter than Chopper but still heavier than Brook so she will be between both of them.
Jinbe has officially arrived last, after Franky, it was revealed on TV.
Vivi will be the last as a normal woman without endurance or special ability.

That is why we would have the following results :
Gorm - Pizzaro (4th)
Brook - Laffitte (5th)
Carrot - Devon (6th)
Chopper - Wolf (7th)
Jinbe - Shot (8th)
Vivi - Q (9th)

And the three remaining would be :
Nami - 10th Titan (maybe already in the crew if the tenth is not Kuzan)
Robin - 11th Titan (freed by Blackbeard after the battle of Mary Geoise just like Impel Down)
Franky - 12th Titan (freed by Blackbeard after the battle of Mary Geoise just like Impel Down)

Thanks for reading me ! I hope you enjoyed the theory. Be free to bring new elements in the comments !

Last edited:
Not bad!
I still subscribe to the BB titanic captain order vs Straw hats being

Captains 1-5 vs Luffys allies from the East Blue

Burgess vs Sabo - Oldest Confidants
Shiryu vs Zoro - Swordsman
Van Augur vs Usopp - Snipers
Pizarro vs Nami - Cat Fight
Lafitte vs Sanji - Chief of Staffs

Captains 6-10 vs Luffys Allies from Paradise

Catarina Devon vs Robin - Battle of History
Sanjuan Wolf vs Franky - Battle of Battleships
Vasco Shot vs Brook - Jester fight
Doc Q vs Chopper - Doctor fight
Tenth titanic captain vs Vivi

BBs new Additions vs Luffys new world additions

Moriah vs Jinbe - Ex Warlord fight
Unknown vs Yamato

I agree with a lot of what you said, as i am also a pattern believer especially the gorowase and the alphabet.
However i fail to see where carrot can fit those patterns but even then Oda could decide to break the pattern as well. I personally prefer Yamato to join (OP-Oden) but the reveal of her DF decrease my optimism a bit since it doesn't fit the gorowase. And as much as i want Vivi to join the Sh, i think she is left behind by the crew, but who knows she might receive some op power up.
Anyways great job 😉

Hello everyone !

I am a french fan that wants to share his own theory of the chapter 861's cover ! (Maybe you have already read it on Reddit ?!)

Here is my personal matchup between cats and strawhats :

Nekomamushi : lion's mane, all cats "on board"
Luffy : hanging like a monkey, malicious smile, left part hidden = hidden scar
Zoro : same cloths, drunk, looking at Sanji, black left ear = closed left eye
Nami : sunbathing, relaxed, feminine
Usopp : sleeping well thanks to the strongest at his side, spots of a reptile like a lezard, his sign
Sanji : inside the table like inside the boat cooking, looking at Zoro, black right ear = hidden right eye
Chopper : hiding, shy, same behavior than Chopper when he was introduced
Robin : black wavy coat as her hair, observing look
Franky : goggles, working on the Sunny in underwear
Brook : suit, sunglasses because "blind", black ears like his afro
Jinbe : smiling, drinking sake, traditional outfit
Carrot : black ears to point her long rabbit ears, look of a kid
Gorm : chipmunk stripes, eyes closed refering to his glasses, licking paws as he bites hazelnuts
Vivi : starring at the ocean by the window just like she looks by the window of her castle

All come from a special part of the ocean and have a special nature :
- East Blue : Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji as humans
- Paradise : Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook as mutants (chimera, clone, cyborg, undead)
- New World : Jinbe, Carrot, Gorm, Vivi as animals (whale shark fishman, rabbit mink, chipmunk giant and duck rider)

All follow a specific pattern :
M0 : a special one for the so called Monster Trio
M1 : healers of Luffy as Zoro taking pain, Chopper treating his injuries, Jinbe support during mourning
F1 : ladies and enemies at first, Nami with Arlong, Robin with Crocodile and Carrot with Kaidou
M2 : creators as Usopp being a botanist, Franky being a carpenter and Gorm being a smith
M3 : leaders as Sanji being a prince, Brook leading a battle convoy, Vivi being a princess/future queen

All follow a scheme with alphabet, colors, and signs :
Luffy : KL / red / monkey
Zoro : YZ / green / tiger
Nami : MN / orange / cat (as a vietnamese zodiac sign)
Usopp : UV / yellow / lezard-snake
Sanji : ST / blue / goat
Chopper : CD / pink / tanuki-dog
Robin : QR / purple / bird-rooster
Franky : EF / light blue / rhino-ox
Brook : AB / black&white / horse
Jinbe : IJ / ochre / boar-pig
Carrot : OP / jade green / rabbit

Remember Nami tied to Arlong and Robin tied to Crocodile ? I will detail that theory in another post but I believe that Carrot is or is linked to a forth calamity called Page (court cards of Tarot being King/Queen/Knight/Page) that will be revealed on Kaidou's flashback and sent with amnesia into the future by Toki, especially according to that panel where I clearly see Carrot at the top right :

Gorm : GH / indigo / squirrel-rat

Yes, following the pattern and seeing the striped cat, I am 100% sure that the 12th mugiwara will be a Giant boy from Elbaf, with the ability to reduce his size and turn into a chipmunk thanks to the Haze Haze Fruit (from Hazelnut). The squirrel of the cover chapter 1004 "Kibi-dango" (black and white picture) is a teaser of his recruitment. He will be inspired by Gorm (color picture) or Halvar from Vic the Viking (Google is your friend), a serie used by Oda to draw several giants from One Piece. He will also be based on Ratatosk, the squirrel from the Nordic mythology, who runs up and down the world tree Yggdrasil (Adam Tree of Elbaf ?) to carry messages between the eagle perched atop Yggdrasil, and the serpent Níðhöggr.

Vivi : WX (as Miss Wednesday when introduced and being called VV) / gold / dove-dragon

Nothing special here, just to respect 3 strawhats per blood type, the Giant will be XF, the same creative blood type than Franky. (All of the others have been revealed and confirmed.)

The only remaining primary color unused as hair color in the crew is red. Red that seems to be a special and rare color in One piece. (Shanks, Kidd, Rockstar..) So pretty sure the Giant will have red hair and share a common history with the others red hair characters.

The theory is not new. Oda kind of confirmed in a SBS that the addition of all Devil Fruit names will have a sum of 325, refering to the Sunny being 325 with the Goroawase code (San-Ni-Go). So here is the formula with the Mink and the Giant filling the Logia and Zoan void :

Luffy (red) : Go-Mu 5-6
Chopper (pink) : Hi-To 1-10
Robin (purple) : Ha-Na 8-7
Brook (grey) : Yo-Mi 4-3
Carrot (green) : Yu-Ki 9 (yes she will eat the Yuki fruit on a mandarin tree of Nami after Monet's death)
Gorm (blue) : Ha-Ze 2-0
56 + 110 + 87 + 43 + 9 + 20 = 325 !

As a summary :
- Carrot will be the Look-out with the ability to generate snow.
- Gorm will be the Smith with the ability to sculpt statues and create cannons (with teeth or axe).
- Vivi will be the Chief of Staff ruling on the Strawhat Grand Fleet just like Sabo or Sai.
Luffy adores snow, has always wanted a bronze statue and has a fleet. Bingo !

To conclude my theory, I will strenghten my writing exposing explained matchups with the Blackbeard crew, using concrete arguments as appearance, ability and history :

BATTLEAPPEARANCEABILITYHISTORY
Blackbeard vs LuffyAdmirals Devil Fruits / Haki Teach will eat the Thunderbird Fruit of Dragon
Jesus Burgess vs Sanji Masked WrestlersFighters / Fire with Jesus having Mera Mera Fruit / Haki Jesus is from the Three-Eyed Tribe, a link with Pudding
Shiryu vs Zoro Mercenaries Swordsmen / Haki Shiryu might be a descendant of a daimyo of Wano
Van Augur vs Usopp Snipers Shots / Haki Augur is from East Blue, maybe Sniper Island
Avalo Pizzaro vs Gorm Vikings Hunters / Pizzaro as a Snow Leopard and Gorm as a Chipmunk Pizzaro is from North Blue, probably a link with Giants
Laffitte vs Brook ShinigamisIllusions / Swords / Laffitte as a Siren with wings and hypnosis Laffitte is also from West Blue, maybe the same country
Catarina Devon vs Carrot Musketeers Fire fox and snow bunny / Both using electricityDevon is called Crescent Moon Hunter (Su Long ?)
Sanjuan Wolf vs Chopper Giants Colossus / Chopper using rumbles to reach a bigger height Wolf is from a giant island of West Blue
Vasco Shot vs Jinbe Karatekas Martial art fight / Flaming alcohol versus water mastery Shot looks like a blobfish, a link with Fish-man Island
Doc Q vs Vivi Witch/Princess Riders / Battle of destiny with a fruit based on chance Q looks like the witch of Snow White, represented as Vivi
(Skypiean) vs Nami Wizards/Sorcerers Mastery of Elements with the ability to fly Bilkan, Lunarian, Skypiean : someone linked to the Sky
(Demon) vs Robin Assassins/Demons Ability to turn into something demonic, like an incubus Marine, CP0, Oni : someone linked to the Void Century
(Cyborg) vs Franky Cyborgs/Robots Mastery of Vegapunk's artillery, maybe 100% robot Member of MADS : someone linked to Vegapunk

Bonus : what defined the rank of the Titans ? Hierarchy and speed. Remember the 50m contest :

The top 3 commanders follows the rank of Jesus (1st) - Shiryu (2nd) - Augur (3rd) / Sanji - Zoro - Usopp.
Gorm will be a small squirrel so he will be faster than Brook.
Carrot will be lighter than Chopper but still heavier than Brook so she will be between both of them.
Jinbe has officially arrived last, after Franky, it was revealed on TV.
Vivi will be the last as a normal woman without endurance or special ability.

That is why we would have the following results :
Gorm - Pizzaro (4th)
Brook - Laffitte (5th)
Carrot - Devon (6th)
Chopper - Wolf (7th)
Jinbe - Shot (8th)
Vivi - Q (9th)

And the three remaining would be :
Nami - 10th Titan (maybe already in the crew if the tenth is not Kuzan)
Robin - 11th Titan (freed by Blackbeard after the battle of Mary Geoise just like Impel Down)
Franky - 12th Titan (freed by Blackbeard after the battle of Mary Geoise just like Impel Down)

Thanks for reading me ! I hope you enjoyed the theory. Be free to bring new elements in the comments !
Completely ruined by Carrot so i stopped reading… this is wronf

--Luffy vs Blackbeard
--Zoro vs Shiryu
--Sanji vs burges/pizarro/vasco
--Jimbei vs Burges/San juan Wolf
--Nami vs Laffitte
--Robin vs Catherina Devon
--Franky vs Vasco/Pizarro/San juan Wolf
--Chopper vs Doc Q
--Ussop vs Van uger
--Yamato vs Aokiji
--Chopper vs Grass

--Luffy vs Blackbeard
--Zoro vs Shiryu
--Sanji vs burges/pizarro/vasco
--Jimbei vs Burges/San juan Wolf
--Nami vs Laffitte
--Robin vs Catherina Devon
--Franky vs Vasco/Pizarro/San juan Wolf
--Chopper vs Doc Q
--Ussop vs Van uger
--Yamato vs Aokiji
--Chopper vs Grass
Are u for real including aokiji. Also who is this Gorm? Im lost lol.

I like vivi's attitude she's a based lady. But I dont see none of these people joining officially.