Current Events Why are people mad about Luffy vs Kaido having a different dynamic compared to other Luffy fights?

I see a lot of people like Morj complaining about Luffy smiling vs Kaido and how he is not pissed off like against Crocodile, Lucci, Doffy etc...

And why exacly is this bad? How are people mad that we are getting a Luffy fight, which is different? We are getting more and more hints about Kaido's past, how he is a dark/fallen version of Joyboy/Luffy. Especially smiling has been a vocal point during their fight, "the greater the risk, the more you smile".

Nobody expected Luffy vs Kaido to take such a turn in the beginning of the arc, we have also never had such a dynamic during a Luffy fight, it is both surprising and refreshing. Again, why are people mad about Oda not being formulaic but doing something different? I thought this is what we all want?

Because is ridiculous what Oda is trying to make. Act like Luffy was always JoyBoy laughing on risk situations but in reality he never did that before that stupid fight. Even not many chapters ago on Rooftop Luffy wasn't smiling. And he just stopped smiling again.

Because they are idiots.

Luffy worked 2 years for this fight, he was confronted with the top tiers/elite of the world and could not prevent Ace´s death, his will was broken. Now after working his ass off for 2 years, he can achieve what he defined as his target before becoming PK, which is beating Yonkou.

People not understanding why Luffy is smiling in this situation have never truly understood One Piece in the first place.

I'm okay with Luffy smiling out of proudness, such as that moment in which he taunted Kaido for dodging his punch; but I think Oda went a bit too far with having them sharing a laugh and commenting on how fun that is. This could have worked with Katakuri, for example, but this is Kaido we are talking about: he has caused a lot of suffering to people Luffy cares deeply about and has shared a good part of his journey to Pirate King. Kin'emon and Momonosuke have been with him since Punk Hazard, he witnessed how loyal the dukes were to the Kozuki and how much they had to endure against the Beast Pirates, he also cried for Oden and was even angry at Kid for not understanding who he was and how important this raid is to his retainers...

Looking at the whole picture and knowing the weight of this moment, Luffy sharing laughs with Kaido as if they are buddies is odd; I mean, Kin'emon was bleeding out in his arms just a while ago. The narrative is obvious, and we'd be lying to ourselves if we denied that Luffy jokes around while fighting, but I don't feel the emotional investment this should have.

Because is ridiculous what Oda is trying to make. Act like Luffy was always JoyBoy laughing on risk situations but in reality he never did that before that stupid fight. Even not many chapters ago on Rooftop Luffy wasn't smiling. And he just stopped smiling again.
Luffy is smiling because he is fighting the strongest creature in the world and getting closer to his dream. He got one shotted and my learned the necessary skills to come back from it. Luffy is beating the odds right now I’d be smiling to. As soon as Luffy found out he could hurt Kaido he started smiling.

Luffy is smiling because he is fighting the strongest creature in the world and getting closer to his dream. He got one shotted and my learned the necessary skills to come back from it. Luffy is beating the odds right now I’d be smiling to. As soon as Luffy found out he could hurt Kaido he started smiling.
He wasn't smiling back at early Wano when he thought he was defeating Kaido. You are headcannoing about the reason he is smiling.

He didn't smiled back at 1000 when he first ACoA punched Kaido.

He wasn't smiling back at early Wano when he thought he was defeating Kaido. You are headcannoing about the reason he is smiling.

He didn't smiled back at 1000 when he first ACoA punched Kaido.
Lol of course it’s my head cannon it’s not like we’re powerscaling. Im just giving what I think is a good reason. I don’t care if Luffy is angry or smiling I just want to see him kick Kaidos ass.

Am I supposed to like Luffy less because he’s smiling?

I don’t mind Luffy smiling against Kaidou or his powers ups (which were inevitable, this is a shonen). However, I think he should be more pissed off. Kaidou helped cause mass starvation and enslaved the people of Wano in labor camps and factories. Luffy has directly seen all of this, but I still feel like there is a disconnect between his fight with Kaidou and his experiences in Acts 1 and 2. I am not claiming that Luffy/Oda has forgotten these points, I just think they should be focused on a bit more.

Lol of course it’s my head cannon it’s not like we’re powerscaling. Im just giving what I think is a good reason. I don’t care if Luffy is angry or smiling I just want to see him kick Kaidos ass.

Am I supposed to like Luffy less because he’s smiling?
Yes. Both Luffy and Oda because it doesn't fit your character.

Your power scalling comment makes no sense. You are just an Odatard that thinks lore is more important than battles and try to not think about power scale but saying Luffy will defeat Kaido and accept his smiling is exactly that. Oda is treating Luffy's enjoyment as a power scale to him.

Because evolution of OP fandom that's why. They're going backward instead of forward.

An example would be Sanji breaking his bones against Gin and Bon Clay. No one questioned it.

Then Sanji's leg got a nick from Vergo and suddenly apes were saying, "LOL, Sanji broke his leg against fodder Vergo, Lmao Sanji is so trash!!!" when Sanji was running afterwards.

Yes. Both Luffy and Oda because it doesn't fit your character.

Your power scalling comment makes no sense. You are just an Odatard that thinks lore is more important than battles and try to not think about power scale but saying Luffy will defeat Kaido and accept his smiling is exactly that. Oda is treating Luffy's enjoyment as a power scale to him.
I’m an Odatard because I don’t share your opinion. I shouldn’t like my favorite character because YOU don’t want him to smile? Luffy is always smiling that’s one of the qualities I like about him. When he was about to die in Logue Town he smiled. On his wanted poster he smiled. You can dislike Oda and Luffy or even drop One Piece that has nothing to do with who I like.

Oda isn’t treating Luffys enjoyment as a powerscale D’s smile in the face of adversity. You’re just wrong.

We can powerscale based on how well Luffy is performing in combat not based on rather or not he’s smiling.