General & Others Best One Piece time skip arc (poll)

What is the best post time skip arc in One Piece?

• Total voters

Kagu Nyan

✨✨✨Hibernation mode on 🎵 ✨✨✨
Dressrosa for me.

The buildup for this arc started in Punk Hazard itself and there were sooo many characters involved. We got new admiral, long lost brother, formation of the alliance, lots of other events and all of which happened within one day. :milaugh:

In terms of actual storywriting and pacing it's Zou in a landslide victory (+ the very short Reverie arc).

Themes were executed on point, the pacing was perfect and it fit perfectly into the grand scheme (bridge for both WCI and Wano).

Normally you shouldn't say that when it comes to fictional works, because it's always subjective to a big part, but this one isn't even close.

All other arcs have major flaws compared to Zou.

I voted one just for moments like Luffy learning CoC, splitting sky, Zoro's asura and KOH moment, Waido's portrayal as a beast, etc. Which for me is the culmination of everything that has happened since time skip.

For me it's
WCI > Zou > Punk Hazard = Dressrosa > Fishman Island
Still waiting for Wano to finish up before I rank it cause an ending can drastically change my opinion on something, but rn I'd put it between Zou and PH/Dressrosa

Some explanations for my rankings:

WCI: This is tied with Water 7/Enies Lobby as the best One Piece arc imo. It had a great storyline, an interesting setting, emotional moments, great antagonists, meaningful character growth, and the single best 1v1 in the entire series so far. I really loved Sanji's storyline, I loved getting to see Brook and Nami do cool shit, I thought Big Mom and Katakuri were fantastic antagonists, I thought Pudding was great, and I loved getting to see an actual naval battle (which we don't see nearly enough of since this is supposed to be a manga about pirates). Though I guess if there's one thing about it that I didn't like, it's that it takes a while to really get going.
Zou: Really great arc. Zunesha was a cool setting and I liked how the arc was kind of a mystery where they needed to piece together what happened beforehand
Dressrosa: Overall I liked this arc, but it did drag on longer than it needed to imo. Really liked Law's role in this arc and Doffy as a villain. Liked the God Usopp thing a lot but wasn't a big fan of Usopp needing to repeat his character arc from earlier in the series. Really liked Franky's role and imo Franky vs Senor Pink was one of the better fights so far. Kinda wish Robin got a bit more spotlight, but I guess her role this arc wasn't too bad. Also it had Bartolomeo and Cavendish, which is obviously a big plus. Don't have any major complaints with the arc other than the fact that I thought the setting was pretty boring. It's kinda hard to make fighting in a city for 50 chapters visually interesting.
Punk Hazard: I think this arc went on longer than it needed to, but overall I thought it was solid. Really liked Punk Hazard as a setting. Liked getting to see Smoker and Tashigi again. Law cutting Vergo was, of course, great. My favorite thing this arc though was some of the Strawhat interactions with their bodies getting swapped.
Fishman Island: I loved Jimbei's flashback, but other than that this arc was just kinda okay for me. 5 or 6 out of ten

Fits pretty well with my tier list:

Elite: Zou, Reverie

Great: -

Solid: Dressrosa, WCI, Wano

Underwhelming: FI, PH

Poor: -
Oda is much much MUCH better at doing short and sweet arcs pre timeskip style

He can fit a good amount of details in, wrap everything up in a tight bow and have us moving on to the next arc without messing much up

These longer arcs suffer from crippling pacing issues and inconsistencies + arc fatigue sets in after a while

FI could’ve been good but it just wasn’t what most of us expected coming out of the timeskip

Pre-TS arcs really weren't that short. If you consider Water 7 and Enies Lobby to be a single arc, then it's longer than any post-TS arc other than Wano
They’re considered different arcs but I can see what you mean. It’s a Jaya and Skypiea situation

Most Pre TS arcs are fairly short in comparison to the absolute monsters that we have now

Arlong Park was only 27 chapters yet it’s considered one of the best arcs in the series, Drum Island was 25, Baratie was 27, Sabaody didnt even hit 25, etc

There are some longer arcs Pre Timeskip but none alone come close to Dressrosa or Wano lol

Wano

I dont know why some of you guys like Zou so much, its fine but its basically just setup and exposition. Theres absolutely nothing about Zou that makes me go "wow, that was great"

Funny the more I think the more I have Wano over every other post ts arc.

I remember having a harder time reading Dressrosa, Fishman Island, Punk Hazzard weekly than Wano even tho it's a longer arc than Dressrosa, that's very telling for me imo.

Not saying Wano is a great arc or anything, just better than any arc offered post ts.