Character Discussion Smoker the 10th Nakama

To be honest, although I don't see any Marine joining, it just depends on Oda's whims. I didn't like Yamato but her possibilities of joining were so high and were dumped in a single chapter. My point is that Oda could bring Smoker in the crew with two panels if he wanted to.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
based on pattern theories, Smoker has always been a solid candidate
he will def become an ally, Nakama? idk, but would be neat

He'll definitely end up as a form of ally when the final battle against the WG takes place, but him joining the crew is too much of a leap in logic.
What about Tashigi?

Rej

Year of the black beard!
He'll definitely end up as a form of ally when the final battle against the WG takes place, but him joining the crew is too much of a leap in logic.
What about Tashigi?
Imho same goes for Tashigi. She and Smoker will always share one journey per se.

I think that Smoker is a high chance posibilite, i mean, whats the point of bring Smoker at this point in the plot? He is just here, and have a long time with the crew. He is a Logia User, color theme White, good design, ex-marine, strong personality, decent level of power, have Hakis… and he can leave behind tashigui Captain of G-5, like Jimbe do with the sun pirates.
He will be a admiral

Usually don't share Morj stuff but this one really stuck with me and it's relevant:

Anyway, we'll see. Smoker has been on a trajectory that may actually lead him to be on the crew in some form. He's been slowly disillusioned by the Marines and WG, and he's already learned from Aokiji that you do not need to be a part of the Marines to exact Justice.

This is important, because he's watched Luffy "exact Justice" in Alabasta and Punk Hazard, as well as Dressrosa via Fuji. All I'm saying is it's weird, but we'll see. Something on Egghead will have to push him in that direction.

And yeah, unique fighting style and power, has had a very specific relationship with Luffy (as all crew members do), and has remained relevant throughout story arcs (and will likely this arc.