Hunter x Hunter, Chapter 397: Formation, Part 3

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Yeah that's what I mean

A PT flashback has a LOT of potential

It'll be the definition of wasted potential if this is the end lol

Don't get me wrong I like what we got but I'm frothing at the mouth just thinking about how far Togashi could take it

Kurta Massacre, other PT escapades, how they developed their nen (maybe a deeper look into Renko too?), their downward spiral, etc
This flashback did enough to give us a general idea of how the PT came to be. This isn't the place to do a 10 chapter flashback. This is most likely the end and later in the arc we will learn what really happened with the Kurta Clan massacre etc.

I can see why Chrollo was going into more and more despair the more Spiders that died. Not only were they citizens of Meteor City, but also his childhood friends. Sure Uvo and Paku were fair game, but Shal and Kortopi dying....just reels in the fact that the Spider itself may also die soon. Then what ? Meteor City will go back to how it was again...with all the kidnappings and murder. No more Spiders to scare away the Mafia and bad guys.

I honestly think all the killing and stealing PT do is for the sake of Meteor City. I'm starting to think they're like a Robin Hood kinda band. That steal from everywhere else....then give it to the citizens of meteor city. Their end goal is probably to make Meteor City into a normal and big city....but now all of their dreams will come to an end soon.

So, the "art" people are definitely connected to Tserriednich right? We had that guy in the abduction people who looked similar to the Tattoo artist in Tserriednich's group. We might be headed for a 3 way/ 4 way confrontation between the Troupe, Hisoka, Kurapika, and Tserriednich. Probably not though.

Sheila not being there and even turning away when they swore that oath is very interesting. She could just be disheartened and stricken by immense grief that she just wanted to quit all this and go away or something. But, something tells me it's not that. Could she have some connection to the "art" people or something? If she did betray the Troupe, i could see why they would hunt down the Kurta clan that rescued her. (or was it that she infiltrated them? I need a re read).

Also, do we see them standing around in cigarette butts? Or was that just mentioned. I need to know this. Am i tripping and missed it completely?

Another thing i found very interesting was that, Sarasa was embalmed. Preserved. There was no talk of them putting her to rest. And Chrollo even says "if i meet her again someday somewhere" or something along those lines. Could be me overthinking. But i found that interesting :kayneshrug:

So, the "art" people are definitely connected to Tserriednich right? We had that guy in the abduction people who looked similar to the Tattoo artist in Tserriednich's group. We might be headed for a 3 way/ 4 way confrontation between the Troupe, Hisoka, Kurapika, and Tserriednich. Probably not though.

Sheila not being there and even turning away when they swore that oath is very interesting. She could just be disheartened and stricken by immense grief that she just wanted to quit all this and go away or something. But, something tells me it's not that. Could she have some connection to the "art" people or something? If she did betray the Troupe, i could see why they would hunt down the Kurta clan that rescued her. (or was it that she infiltrated them? I need a re read).

Also, do we see them standing around in cigarette butts? Or was that just mentioned. I need to know this. Am i tripping and missed it completely?

Another thing i found very interesting was that, Sarasa was embalmed. Preserved. There was no talk of them putting her to rest. And Chrollo even says "if i meet her again someday somewhere" or something along those lines. Could be me overthinking. But i found that interesting :kayneshrug:
Sheila moving mad. Idk maybe she truly is a snake and set everything up...and is actually Pariston. Gasp !!! Lmao...or maybe she's done with all the dark villain Troupe stuff and doesnt agree with them.

This flashback did enough to give us a general idea of how the PT came to be. This isn't the place to do a 10 chapter flashback. This is most likely the end and later in the arc we will learn what really happened with the Kurta Clan massacre etc.
Exactly this. Like chapter titles for the last three have been. “Formation”. This little flashback was just focusing on the formation of the troupe, how it came to be and why it was put together. I would bet we get another flashback later on tying the Kurta massacre into things just like you said. Sheila seperating herself from the troupe in this chapter without explanation was a big sign to me that more will have to be explained. Especially because she shows up in the Kurapika flashback as well

I'm probably in the minority but I don't know if it's necessary to have that much focus on this flashback. The troupe was formed around a seiyu fantasy and then they had a collective trauma...

As for the chapter, the death and torture were expected.

Concerning Chrollo's character-development, it's nice but I expected like, more maybe ? A massacre like Kurapika with the Kurta clan was welcome. Meanwhile the horrible death of one friend looks slim.

I like how Machi already had nen awaken. Maybe she's supposed to be a natural nen user but she didn't train hard enough to make her potential grow ?

Another thing i found very interesting was that, Sarasa was embalmed. Preserved. There was no talk of them putting her to rest. And Chrollo even says "if i meet her again someday somewhere" or something along those lines. Could be me overthinking. But i found that interesting
Chrollo could try to ask to his good pal Hisoka for that lmao

I'm probably in the minority but I don't know if it's necessary to have that much focus on this flashback. The troupe was formed around a seiyu fantasy and then they had a collective trauma...

Concerning Chrollo's character-development, it's nice but I expected like, more maybe ? A massacre like Kurapika with the Kurta clan was welcome. Meanwhile the horrible death of one friend looks slim.

I like how Machi already had nen awaken. Maybe she's supposed to be a natural nen user but she didn't train hard enough to make her potential grow ?
Sarasa was just a wake up call tbh. It woke them up to all the horrible things that were happening to children all over meteor city. They all knew about this but chose to ignore it for anime. Thus when it happened to Sarasa....they realised they had to take it seriously.

PT didnt originate only because of Sarasa. It originanted to protect Meteor City from the awful things that were happening to it.
----

As for Chrollo character development....I mean look at Gon and how crazy he went in CA due to only Kite dying. Or Leorio who only had one friend die in his FB. I mean this aint a fight to see who had a worse FB. And tbf 100s of children from Chrollo's city were dying annually in horrible ways. Like I said Sarasa was just a wake up call. So yh it is pretty much as bad as Pika's situation.

Yeah, count me in as well

The whole development from shock to ice cold killer, while believable due to "dae affect", doesn't really hit that hard since it all happens within 2 pages basically. He goes from shock that his friend was chopped up to a fully formulated plan that will take exactly 3 years to start.

Sarasa---the spoiler made it look like she was found in One piece..:pepehands:
"After 3 years, I'll kill many people"...damn this line hit harder than it needed to.
Uvo-"I'll follow you until I die.." :pepemotion: only HxH can give backstory of a character long dead and still hit the mark.

Seems like the Spiders are fighting in the next few chapters. We have Nobu drawing his sword and Feitan using rising sun. And looks like Chrollo is using Indoor Fish in 399.

This flashback is really good, hope it goes on for a bit more. It makes me sad about the deaths of shal, paku and kortopi though... Hope Hisoka doesn't kill all of them cause that seems like what's going to happen :/