Character Discussion Is Kids a realistic version of Luffy

What do you think

• Total voters
Because he was lucky enough to survive and had the possibility to train.
In a real set up : Kaido TB him and kill him or torture him, cut an arm etc etc etc. Luffy had it easy as always
So Kidd wasn't lucky to survive his first encounter against Shanks and Kaido? Lol luck only applies to Luffy when he survives. Sounds like hypocrisy.
Yeah Luffy was mad and acted without thinking at all. He just endangered himself . Instead of hiding and looking for a better opportunity or checking about his men he rushed at Kaido
Yeah you do that when you're angry, you don't think with a clear mind.
Sanji specifically told him not to do it and the whole plan was to run away because the picture didn’t work

And Luffy didn’t master the G4 at all and it was costly in energy

And it wasn’t an equal clash. BM suck him up and drained him, Luffy was a mess just after that and his whole crew was caught.

And only for a punch ? Really ?
Yes only for a punch as stated by himself. BM didn't drain shit, that was plot working against Luffy with drawback from G4 that makes him unable to move wherever Oda wants to.
And they wouldn’t have been able to run away anyway without the explosion of the castle

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
So Kidd wasn't lucky to survive his first encounter against Shanks and Kaido? Lol luck only applies to Luffy when he survives. Sounds like hypocrisy.
Kid at least lost an arm
Killer was Smiled and enslaved
Kid and Killer were left to be used by Queen to play and drown etc etc

Worse could have happened but Kid didn’t have it easy at all
Post automatically merged:

Yeah you do that when you're angry, you don't think with a clear mind.
Yes only for a punch as stated by himself. BM didn't drain shit, that was plot working against Luffy with drawback from G4 that makes him unable to move wherever Oda wants to.
And they wouldn’t have been able to run away anyway without the explosion of the castle
So BM had a haki flame pattern just for show
Luffy was saying he was drained with weird line of smoke for show ?

But even if BM didnt do shit to him : just for a punch (stupid pride thing) hé endangered everyone.
You don’t think the crew would have had more chance to escape with a 100% Luffy not with his tongue out against Smoothie Daifuku etc ?
Yeah sure

Luffy was fucking stupid

at least lost an arm
Oh please, how did it effect him or story? He simply had metal arm. Luffy lost so much life if that is the case because of gears. And how did SMILE effect Killer then? Did it make him weak? Nope.
Post automatically merged:

Thr one who made this thread stopped reading 'story' long back. When Luffy lost everything in saboady, Kid 'luckily' escaped from admiral wrath. And SN crews were chilling. So now Kid crew simply got what Luffy crew had got in Saboady.

So BM had a haki flame pattern just for show
Luffy was saying he was drained with weird line of smoke for show ?

But even if BM didnt do shit to him : just for a punch (stupid pride thing) hé endangered everyone.
You don’t think the crew would have had more chance to escape with a 100% Luffy not with his tongue out against Smoothie Daifuku etc ?
Yeah sure

Luffy was fucking stupid
Never was it said nor shown that Big Mom could drain haki. So yes it was just G4 drawback. And also yes they couldn't have escaped, Kata was guarding the opposite that of the castle while Big mom and the others were closing in on them. It was maybe stupid but he didn't endanger anyone by clashing with Big Mom.
Kid at least lost an arm
Killer was Smiled and enslaved
Kid and Killer were left to be used by Queen to play and drawn etc etc

Worse could have happened but Kid didn’t have it easy at all
Luffy have lost lifespan during his journey. And the rest of the things you mentioned happened to Kidd and his crew because all of them were captured. Only Luffy was captured and then was put to the same treatment as Kidd in Udon.

Anyway my point is that no Luffy isn't luckier than Kidd in the NW, he is just more prepared and smarter in his decisions.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Luffy doesn't get his ass stomped out only to come back to the fight with the exact same strategy that got him stomped in the first place. Kidd has zero battle IQ.

The rooftop scene where Kidd is surprised physical blows can hurt Kaidou, with Killer following up saying they actually have a chance of winning tells us everything you need to know about Kidd. They went up to the roof knowing they can't hurt Kaidou yet pretending they could. If all bark no bite was a person it'd be Kidd.

Some of this is also what makes Kidd appealing though, he's even more stubborn and straightforward than Luffy.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Never was it said nor shown that Big Mom could drain haki. So yes it was just G4 drawback. And also yes they couldn't have escaped, Kata was guarding the opposite that of the castle while Big mom and the others were closing in on them. It was maybe stupid but he didn't endanger anyone by clashing with Big Mom.

Luffy with flame pattern : rubber + haki
Kata with flame pattern : mochi + haki
BM with flame patter : nothing at all ?

I know it’s weird because Oda as always shit the bed with the concept and never explored it. So it’s indeed confusing.

About the whole escape thing : I don’t care at all if Kata was there or if their escape was doomed to fail since the beginning : Luffy indeed spend his energy for nothing, Luffy didn’t have a clue they couldn’t escape, Luffy endangered the whole crew for a stupid ass thing and 5 seconds laters fucking Smoothie and Daifuku pinned them down. Luffy didn’t think about his crew here but only about his little person

and was saved by luck

the guy learnt nothing at all

Luffy have lost lifespan during his journey.
It’s Luffy own problem if he wants to fight like that and only find this solution to become stronger.

It’s not consequences of a loss of something or being saved by luck etc It’s a different subject.

Only Luffy was captured and then was put to the same treatment as Kidd in Udon.
BM didn’t cut Luffy arm or something. Sanji and Nami weren’t tortured by BM or being fed smiles etc.

Luffy had it easier and was saved each time from too serious conséquences

Oh please, how did it effect him or story? He simply had metal arm. Luffy lost so much life if that is the case because of gears. And how did SMILE effect Killer then? Did it make him weak? Nope.
Ask Kid and Killer if they didn’t want to keep their arms intact or to laugh while it’s your biggest nightmare.

yeah sure it’s nothing.

Kid shows why it’s important to be a D. If you have plot and “destiny” on your side you can be as reckless as you want like Luffy and Blackbeard.
thats exaclty my thoughts Kid is the more realistic version of a rookie who hasnt matured yet and attacks the big shots

Luffy survives everything loses 3 times against Kaido wins one and is the overall winner

Luffy with flame pattern : rubber + haki
Kata with flame pattern : mochi + haki
BM with flame patter : nothing at all ?

I know it’s weird because Oda as always shit the bed with the concept and never explored it. So it’s indeed confusing.

About the whole escape thing : I don’t care at all if Kata was there or if their escape was doomed to fail since the beginning : Luffy indeed spend his energy for nothing, Luffy didn’t have a clue they couldn’t escape, Luffy endangered the whole crew for a stupid ass thing and 5 seconds laters fucking Smoothie and Daifuku pinned them down. Luffy didn’t think about his crew here but only about his little person

and was saved by luck

the guy learnt nothing at all
Yes nothing at all for Big Mom. As for the escape, as I said the punch didn't change anything and didn't put his crew in danger more than they already were.
He learned a lot since he decided to run away and listened to his crew when they asked him to do so. Better prepared and better surrounded.
It’s Luffy own problem if he wants to fight like that and only find this solution to become stronger.
I'm talking about Impel Down where he lost 10 years lifespan.
BM didn’t cut Luffy arm or something. Sanji and Nami weren’t tortured by BM or being fed smiles etc.

Luffy had it easier and was saved each time from too serious conséquences
Big Mom never captured Sanji though. She was about kill the guy with his whole family though, had Luffy not come to the rescue.
Nami was about to be tortured, and Luffy was in the process of ripping his own arms off to stop that.
We go again on the Luffy has more allies because he has a better personality, that's why Jimbei saved them and decided to betray BM.

Really you're going to argue that lol
Luffy is a friendlier guy, people prefer that to the asshole type of dude, of course people would rather help him than a guy like Kidd. Are you being dishonest on purpose just because you don't like Luffy?
Come on man.
His personality is shit.
They coincidentally Helped People along the way. And helping them made them their friends.
Literally every straw hat is in as good term as luffy with those people. Really doesn't mean their personality is good.

And it's definately not That I don't like luffy , Zoro falls in the same category.
These people Smartness and Personality is no where to be considered good.
I never argue on Zoro being smart or good with people unless it's personally motivated or crew related.

These two are heavy hitters of the crew.
Whereas Jimbei/Chopper is what I call Good personality and Nami/ussop/sanji (Yes sanji) to be actually smart. They make good rational decisions.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yes nothing at all for Big Mom
So only BM didn’t have her DF and haki combined with flame pattern ? You find that logic ? While Luffy and Kata had the same thing with flame patter which is haki + DF properties

As for the escape, as I said the punch didn't change anything and didn't put his crew in danger more than they already were.
It changes a lot. It shows that Luffy wasn’t thinking straight at all. They could have gain some seconds, could have save one member etc etc. Luffy was just thinking about throwing a stupid punch against someone far stronger than him, depleting his precious energy, in a precarious situation, while having no idea they were doomed to fail or knowing the bomb would help them.

Come on man.
His personality is shit.
They coincidentally Helped People along the way. And helping them made them their friends.
Literally every straw hat is in as good term as luffy with those people. Really doesn't mean their personality is good.

And it's definately not That I don't like luffy , Zoro falls in the same category.
These people Smartness and Personality is no where to be considered good.
I never argue on Zoro being smart or good with people unless it's personally motivated or crew related.

These two are heavy hitters of the crew.
Whereas Jimbei/Chopper is what I call Good personality and Nami/ussop/sanji (Yes sanji) to be actually smart. They make good rational decisions.
But I don't argue that Luffy is mart, I have said that he is stupid. I'm saying Kidd is even more stupid, that's all.
And Luffy is a good guy overall despite some selfishness moments, like the other straw hats, they are usually kind to people, Kidd simply isn't. He is more of a bully.