Character Discussion Is Kids a realistic version of Luffy

What do you think

• Total voters
C

Cruxroux

Kidd simply isn't. He is more of a bully
Not sure but read somewhere he only killed Wrong people not simply innocent people. Could be wrong though , I probably read this during Worstgen random thread reading. But When compared to Good personality people I really don't think so I can put luffy with them.

In fact Ace Is what I call Good personality person.

So only BM didn’t have her DF and haki combined with flame pattern ? You find that logic ? While Luffy and Kata had the same thing with flame patter which is haki + DF properties
I'm not going to argue about an ability that was never said she had.
It changes a lot. It shows that Luffy wasn’t thinking straight at all. They could have gain some seconds, could have save one member etc etc. Luffy was just thinking about throwing a stupid punch against someone far stronger than him, depleting his precious energy, in a precarious situation, while having no idea they were doomed to fail or knowing the bomb would help them.
They actually gain a few seconds during the clash. And surely you don't believe that some members could have escaped while others wouldn't have. Not a single one of them was ready to let someone else behind
Post automatically merged:

Not sure but read somewhere he only killed Wrong people not simply innocent people. Could be wrong though , I probably read this during Worstgen random thread reading. But When compared to Good personality people I really don't think so I can put luffy with them.

Fair enough, we're kinda derailing from the thread. I'm just arguing about the fact that Kidd is a more reaslistic version of Luffy when they have nothing in common except their ambition to be pirate king which is shared with a shit ton of other pirates

No Mid is fodder.

Mid if he had any sense would have left Wano and realised he wasn't strong enough to play the game he was trying to play.

He barely took Big Mom down with Law carrying him then he fought he could take down Shanks.

Screams of arrogance and he got exactly what he deserves to be known as Useless Captain Mid for life

:sanmoji:

If we ignore Kidd fodder crew then yes, he is a realistic Luffy without protagonist.

No mentor, no plot armor, what to you thin will happen when a rookie fihts a Yonko? Lost his arm, lost his crew, and now is negged.

If Marineford didn't happen and Luffy had gone straight to the new world, without plot armor h would sffer the same fate as Kidd.

There's none shame in this. Is just that Kidd does what Luffy does and get fucked

C

Cruxroux

If we ignore Kidd fodder crew then yes, he is a realistic Luffy without protagonist.

No mentor, no plot armor, what to you thin will happen when a rookie fihts a Yonko? Lost his arm, lost his crew, and now is negged.

If Marineford didn't happen and Luffy had gone straight to the new world, without plot armor h would sffer the same fate as Kidd.

There's none shame in this. Is just that Kidd does what Luffy does and get fucked
Kid is like the kid who said the joke but no one laughed but when the cooler kid (Luffy said it) everyone did laugh.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I'm not going to argue about an ability that was never said she had.
Maybe maybe not, but at least you can admit that panel is quite shady and there is indeed a chance that BM indeed did something to Luffy

and to be fair it’s even worse for Luffy case if BM didnt do anything to him. At least he didn’t know Bm special move. While he did know that G4 could drain him completely and still used it for nothing in a dangerous situation

They actually gain a few seconds during the clash. And surely you don't believe that some members could have escaped while others wouldn't have. Not a single one of them was ready to let someone else behind
He didn’t gain shit. You can’t defend at all his decision to throw a punch at Bm just because he took her bait.

A fresh Luffy with G4 against BMP would have been 100 times more useful

that’s a fact

luffy was stupid as hell and show us he was still as stupid as ever

Come on man.
His personality is shit.
They coincidentally Helped People along the way. And helping them made them their friends.
Literally every straw hat is in as good term as luffy with those people. Really doesn't mean their personality is good.

And it's definately not That I don't like luffy , Zoro falls in the same category.
These people Smartness and Personality is no where to be considered good.
I never argue on Zoro being smart or good with people unless it's personally motivated or crew related.

These two are heavy hitters of the crew.
Whereas Jimbei/Chopper is what I call Good personality and Nami/ussop/sanji (Yes sanji) to be actually smart. They make good rational decisions.
Your wrong I can easily look back and see luffy and zoro doing good acts for strangers easily and one part of luffy personality when someone help him he puts everything he has to help them, if you call that shit personality you weird understanding of character.

C

Cruxroux

Your wrong I can easily look back and see luffy and zoro doing good acts for strangers easily and one part of luffy personality when someone help him he puts everything he has to help them, if you call that shit personality you weird understanding of character.
:okay:

Kid shows why it’s important to be a D. If you have plot and “destiny” on your side you can be as reckless as you want like Luffy and Blackbeard.
Somehow you completely missed the point of why Kid was shattered yet Luffy will continue to soar higher. Hint: it has nothing to do with destiny.

I mean it was said this was luffys destiny in chapter 1?
Why Luffy doesn't get screwed over the way Kid does is because of his personality. It's fairly simple when you look at their drastically different ideologies.

There are many other characters that succeed and aren't Luffy, it's because Kid is the definition of fuck around and find out that he got vibe checked here.

Why Luffy doesn't get screwed over the way Kid does is because of his personality. It's fairly simple when you look at their drastically different ideologies.

There are many other characters that succeed and aren't Luffy, it's because Kid is the definition of fuck around and find out that he got vibe checked here.
Luffy also fucks around and finds out? He always jumps into battles he’s woefully unprepared for

Tired of repeating myself so I'll be as brief as possible. Luffy did nothing against Bellamy because he understood that those who laugh at his dream aren't worth his time. On the other hand, Kid brutally murders those who laugh at his dream and puts their corpses on display.

Part of Luffy's nature is helping others, and that's why he gains so many trustworthy allies. His many acts of selflessness when helping others, ends up helping him in the future. In contrast, Kid is completely self serving, and only cares about his own crew. That's why Oda had him get betrayed by Apoo in the New World.

All of this was set up by Oda, because Shanks is the one who taught Luffy this crucial lesson in the first place, right in chapter 1. That's why he was the one to dispose of Kid this chapter.
Post automatically merged:

This has nothing to do with "being destined from the d clan" and has everything to do with character traits.

Kids and Luffy have similar stubborn character. They charge toward anything without thinking or concerning the consequences even the crewmate warn them.
However, Kids don't have prestigious like Luffy who gifted from bloodline, god fruit, luck, teachers, and facing no consequences.

If Kids were treated like Luffy, Shank would bring him to the training class and give him ben beckman as a trainer.

What do you think?
If Kidd was MC he would smile and say "Are you having fun Shanks?" And keep fighting.