Chapter Discussion Mihawk isn’t a fraud

What exactly do you not remember? Are you expecting to learn about the conflict between Kaidou and King + RHP?

Firstly, it is stated that Kaidou and Shanks clashed in the New World, with Kaidou's intentions being declared to be to kill Whitebeard at Marineford.
Secondly, it is explicitly stated by the Marines that there was definitely a clash between the two.
With complementary materials validating this for us readers:

According to the timeline in King's Vivre Card, he is the only one mentioned to have gone to Marineford with Kaidou and to have been stopped by the Red Hair Pirates.

I think this clears your doubts?
I was refering only to that last point and that's... not very solid.

I mean, that Kaido and Shanks clashed is of course solid, I remember all that being outright stated, but the part about Kaido only bringing King with him feels shaky as an argument.

Leaving that aside, all this "Kaido did nothing for years, never once clashed with Whitebeard, and only decided to go for him when he would be most vulnerable and battling other pirates. And on top of that didn't want to fight it out with Shanks having him right in front of him" really is relevant to the current slanders.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I was refering only to that last point and that's... not very solid.

I mean, that Kaido and Shanks clashed is of course solid, I remember all that being outright stated, but the part about Kaido only bringing King with him feels shaky as an argument.

Leaving that aside, all this "Kaido did nothing for years, never once clashed with Whitebeard, and only decided to go for him when he would be most vulnerable and battling other pirates. And on top of that didn't want to fight it out with Shanks having him right in front of him" really is relevant to the current slanders.
We need to make use of the information available, and one of those is King's Vivre Card, which declares him as the only Beast Pirate with the timeline citing this event. Therefore, it is plausible to say that the other pirates who were not mentioned in their timeline did not participate in the event.

I don't think it's relevant because Kaido proved his intentions and courage, unlike Mihawk, and in one instance, he was only supported by one subordinate.

Firstly, let's observe how different things are:

Mihawk needs more military power and resources to confront the Yonko, while Kaido was going to confront Whitebeard in Marineford, where both the Marines and the Whitebeard pirates were his enemies. Even though he did not succeed in reaching Marineford, his intention prevailed here, which was the fact that he attempted to attack Whitebeard, something that Whitebeard planned to do the opposite several times but always ended up backing down. The fact that Kaido used Marineford to attack Whitebeard is the strategic part of things because Kaido does not need to spend his resources that he has been building for these 20 long years in a battle against Whitebeard when the Marines are already keeping Whitebeard's resources occupied by Kaido to act.

The question is the skill and courage of the beast to confront the Red Hair Pirates, regardless of the numbers. He did the same by deciding to release Big Mom for a one-on-one confrontation until death, shouting his excess of confidence.

I don't know how this can be used to gag, but the simple fact that Kaido has not been doing anything in the last 20 years is simply a lie. LOL

Because we saw Mihawk declare that when you are an emperor, you have no peace. We also saw Kaido go on expeditions and fight battles in Wano, as well as having his business to manage and several islands to govern in the New World, with Law declaring that the emperors were in constant conflict with Whitebeard for territories, something that is reinforced by Perospero when talking to Marco in Wano...

So it is simply a lie that is used as a facade.

We need to make use of the information available, and one of those is King's Vivre Card, which declares him as the only Beast Pirate with the timeline citing this event. Therefore, it is plausible to say that the other pirates who were not mentioned in their timeline did not participate in the event.

I don't think it's relevant because Kaido proved his intentions and courage, unlike Mihawk, and in one instance, he was only supported by one subordinate.

Firstly, let's observe how different things are:

Mihawk needs more military power and resources to confront the Yonko, while Kaido was going to confront Whitebeard in Marineford, where both the Marines and the Whitebeard pirates were his enemies. Even though he did not succeed in reaching Marineford, his intention prevailed here, which was the fact that he attempted to attack Whitebeard, something that Whitebeard planned to do the opposite several times but always ended up backing down. The fact that Kaido used Marineford to attack Whitebeard is the strategic part of things because Kaido does not need to spend his resources that he has been building for these 20 long years in a battle against Whitebeard when the Marines are already keeping Whitebeard's resources occupied by Kaido to act.

The question is the skill and courage of the beast to confront the Red Hair Pirates, regardless of the numbers. He did the same by deciding to release Big Mom for a one-on-one confrontation until death, shouting his excess of confidence.

I don't know how this can be used to gag, but the simple fact that Kaido has not been doing anything in the last 20 years is simply a lie. LOL

Because we saw Mihawk declare that when you are an emperor, you have no peace. We also saw Kaido go on expeditions and fight battles in Wano, as well as having his business to manage and several islands to govern in the New World, with Law declaring that the emperors were in constant conflict with Whitebeard for territories, something that is reinforced by Perospero when talking to Marco in Wano...

So it is simply a lie that is used as a facade.
Yeah... your whole argument is based around Kaido going with only one subordinate, which is not only unproven but obviously entirely unlikely.

Kaido certainly didn't fight Shanks on that day either anyway, since Shanks arrived perfectly uninjured to Marineford, making it look like Shanks simply scared him off (meaning they both avoided direct conflict). You can't use that event to hype Kaido and "him not caring about numbers going in against Whitebeard and the whole blunt of the marines" when he didn't even take the chance to take down Shanks who should be an easier target than entering Marineford with only King.

Yonkos are powerhouses, but they're nothing without their armies, which is why Whitebeard brought his whole crew, his allied crews and their mothers to Marineford, and also why numbers kept getting counted throughout Onigashima. Oda makes an emphasis on that.

I'm not even slandering Kaido, or any other character for that matter. At most, I'm calling people out for how judgmental they are of Mihawk's reaction, which isn't even his reaction to engaging any of those characters, but to Buggy going against his will and doing what he just did, basically messing with his plans.

Regarding the conflicts over territories, we know most top tier yonkou commanders didn't know eachother and that the Yonkou avoided entering direct conflict with each other, so at most we can say their subordinates fighted randomly over some territories, but it doesn't paint the picture that Kaido was ever directly engaging anyone other than, if anything, fodder. While others like Big Mom likely never even left their turf.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Yeah... your whole argument is based around Kaido going with only one subordinate, which is not only unproven but obviously entirely unlikely.

Kaido certainly didn't fight Shanks on that day either anyway, since Shanks arrived perfectly uninjured to Marineford, making it look like Shanks simply scared him off (meaning they both avoided direct conflict). You can't use that event to hype Kaido and "him not caring about numbers going in against Whitebeard and the whole blunt of the marines" when he didn't even take the chance to take down Shanks who should be an easier target than entering Marineford with only King.

Yonkos are powerhouses, but they're nothing without their armies, which is why Whitebeard brought his whole crew, his allied crews and their mothers to Marineford, and also why numbers kept getting counted throughout Onigashima. Oda makes an emphasis on that.

I'm not even slandering Kaido, or any other character for that matter. At most, I'm calling people out for how judgmental they are of Mihawk's reaction, which isn't even his reaction to engaging any of those characters, but to Buggy going against his will and doing what he just did, basically messing with his plans.

Regarding the conflicts over territories, we know most top tier yonkou commanders didn't know eachother and that the Yonkou avoided entering direct conflict with each other, so at most we can say their subordinates fighted randomly over some territories, but it doesn't paint the picture that Kaido was ever directly engaging anyone other than, if anything, fodder. While others like Big Mom likely never even left their turf.

Partly agreeing with you, I also already explained the importance of building decent military power to Shishi a few days ago so I won't bother to explain again, that's why we can partly agree.