General & Others Is Alabasta a Top 5 One Piece Arc?

Is it Top 5 in Retrospect?

• Total voters
All of the crew has fights and screentime + good villains.

Alabasta and Enies Lobby are the absolute peaks of OP, after them Marineford.

its really shitty that Oda abandoned the story structure of all straw hats fighting, and One Piece post time skip suffer a lot in quality from it.

its really shitty that Oda abandoned the story structure of all straw hats fighting, and One Piece post time skip suffer a lot in quality from it.
Oda is following the Enies lobby structure. Not every straw hat fighting plus staggered matchups combined with Marinefords overuse of run piece.

That’s the current one piece fighting arc structure.

Wano tried to bring that structure back. Almost did but Nami,Usopp, Chopper and Brook kind of got left behind in the 1v1 fights

WCI is the shittiest arc after Wano. WCI is where One Piece started to decline.
a few years ago it was dressrosa, lol, a few years fron now it will be wano and after that we wont be having a conversation about a decline.

as for the og post, hell no, if alabasta released today it would be dismembered by the forum, goofy survived 3 times agaisnt croc, robin somehow betrays croc for no reason, ponyglyhs were a dropped plot point, zoro power ups out of no where, how did ussop build the climtact, too much comedy all of nami's fight and sanji's fight are comedy, croc is literally a pure evil villain with a good desgin he doesnt have a backstory or anything dude is trash, what are all these side villians they are trash, pill survives, comedy scenes, mister 2 gender wars, mister 2 saves the strawhats because lol, why didnt luffy kill croc.....

you guys are too retarded to read anything week to week.

its a decent arc, nothing really special, my ranking:

1)dresrosa.(best villians, best marine, best princess(law), best luffy speach)
2)marienford
3)eneies lobby
4)whole cake
5)wano

a few years ago it was dressrosa, lol, a few years fron now it will be wano and after that we wont be having a conversation about a decline.

as for the og post, hell no, if alabasta released today it would be dismembered by the forum, goofy survived 3 times agaisnt croc, robin somehow betrays croc for no reason, ponyglyhs were a dropped plot point, zoro power ups out of no where, how did ussop build the climtact, too much comedy all of nami's fight and sanji's fight are comedy, croc is literally a pure evil villain with a good desgin he doesnt have a backstory or anything dude is trash, what are all these side villians they are trash, pill survives, comedy scenes, mister 2 gender wars, mister 2 saves the strawhats because lol, why didnt luffy kill croc.....

2)marienford
3)eneies lobby
4)whole cake
5)wano
Why Luffy didn't kill Croc? that's too far, you can say that about all villains.

Enel got away with everything he did and achieved his dream, Lucci got expelled, recruited again, and is killing people again for the WG.

Doflamingo made Law life hell, and was just sent to Impel Down.

2)marienford
3)eneies lobby
4)whole cake
5)wano
How does Dressrosa find its way into your top 10 let alone top 5. Gear 4 and Sabo really left an impression on people.

2)marienford
3)eneies lobby
4)whole cake
5)wano
Dressrosa only got carried by Doflamingo. The whole arc is trash otherwise.

2)marienford
3)eneies lobby
4)whole cake
5)wano
I have to hard disagree on a lot of what you said.

Alabasta today would be just as beloved as it was back then because it was just that good.

- Luffy lost to crocodile 3 times
That was the point. Crocodile never lost to luffy. Crocodile was defeated as a testament to luffys Will to fight and refusal to stay down. It’s what oda wanted to do in wano but failed epically on. It’s what made the victory feel earned. Luffy didn’t get magic Bs power ups which have become a commonplace since Ennies lobby, luffy bounced back as rubber does, learned, experimented, and when Croc was at his weakest capitalized on it and won.

Compared to the recent trend of Oda having a side character (or the opponent themselves) nerf the opponent just so luffy can win, the victory in alabasta felt significantly more earned and related to what it is that makes luffy so special.

- Poneglyphs were a dropped plot point
And we quickly learned the importance of the Poneglyphs when Robin joined. They were never a dropped point at all.

- Zoro power ups out of nowhere
At this point Zoro had mentioned for two arcs how he wanted to learn how to cut steel… compared to Asura or CoC, Zoro learning a steel cutting technique was far from out of nowhere.

Like every complaint you made is one of post Timeskip but was actually treated well back in alabasta.

The fact that you have wano in your top 5 means you just have recency bias or you’re actually just 13 years old. Which is fine, but calling people retarded for having a different opinion just makes you look like a child.

Why Luffy didn't kill Croc? that's too far, you can say that about all villains.

Enel got away with everything he did and achieved his dream, Lucci got expelled, recruited again, and is killing people again for the WG.

Doflamingo made Law life hell, and was just sent to Impel Down.
thats my point, people complained about doflamingo being sent to impel down but with dressrosa they hold their tounges because its from the sacred pre ts
How does Dressrosa find its way into your top 10 let alone top 5. Gear 4 and Sabo really left an impression on people.
because dressrosa is good? actually state whats your problem with the arc, its easily better than alabasta, vivi does nothing, there is zero depth in alabasta croc just looks cool and has the depth of luchi multiplied by 10 which is 0, fujitora clears smoker on a character level its ridicoulos, law clears vivi, and doflamingo clears croc(character and writing wise)
Dressrosa only got carried by Doflamingo. The whole arc is trash otherwise.
nah, you are an idiot, your love and hate for arcs begins and ends at what the internet told you, after all if you list your actual criticims of dressorosa i could rediect them to your favourite arc quite easily
I have to hard disagree on a lot of what you said.

Alabasta today would be just as beloved as it was back then because it was just that good.

- Luffy lost to crocodile 3 times
That was the point. Crocodile never lost to luffy. Crocodile was defeated as a testament to luffys Will to fight and refusal to stay down. It’s what oda wanted to do in wano but failed epically on. It’s what made the victory feel earned. Luffy didn’t get magic Bs power ups which have become a commonplace since Ennies lobby, luffy bounced back as rubber does, learned, experimented, and when Croc was at his weakest capitalized on it and won.

Compared to the recent trend of Oda having a side character (or the opponent themselves) nerf the opponent just so luffy can win, the victory in alabasta felt significantly more earned and related to what it is that makes luffy so special.

- Poneglyphs were a dropped plot point
And we quickly learned the importance of the Poneglyphs when Robin joined. They were never a dropped point at all.

- Zoro power ups out of nowhere
At this point Zoro had mentioned for two arcs how he wanted to learn how to cut steel… compared to Asura or CoC, Zoro learning a steel cutting technique was far from out of nowhere.

Like every complaint you made is one of post Timeskip but was actually treated well back in alabasta.

The fact that you have wano in your top 5 means you just have recency bias or you’re actually just 13 years old. Which is fine, but calling people retarded for having a different opinion just makes you look like a child.
proving how this forum is retarded, this fellow here is an ultimate specimen, instead of recognizing how i am mocking how this forum criticises modren arcs, he instead rushes fool heartedly into the trap:

why is luffy not training, not doing anything new to increase his powers, and still pulling out of his ass a win agaisnt croc better than luffy training(or getting better at a skill) between each defeat against kaido?

my problems with how you guys argue on this forum is that you state soemthing without explaining, how is it more earned? why do you think that? explain your reasoning

stating your conclusion doesnt make it true or convincing, actually explain why you belive what you believe to convince people

zoro off handedly mentioning he needs to learn cut steal once or twice does not a set up make(training with the magic sword 50 chapters before the fight is set up), he gets a flashback out of his ass(something you retards mock in whole cake island), and then wins in one hit.

yes you idiot every complaint was an intentional immitation of how this forum operates, i dont belive those stupid opinions, i am just immititating idiocy to show case the absurdety of how you guys talk about the series, as i said if alabasta was a modren arc you chuckle fucks would say vivi is trash, croc is a bozo for not finishing off luffy, and goofy water luffy is ass, and sanji is trash for fighting mister 2(who you guys would mock because you are all homphobic and transphobic, lol)

Last edited:

Junatic

Lunatic Queen
Depends on whether we count Water Seven and EL as a single arc. Those ones, along w/ Sabaody and Skypiea, are def better than Arabasta imo. Arlong Park and Arabasta are neck and neck but I give the edge to AP. But I def put it above the very overrated Marineford arc.

Yes.
And the whole build up to it ever since Whiskey Peak.
:akaman:

Top notch villains.
Great comedy.
Ace's introduction.
Time bomb wasn't overused yet. xD

Good cast.
Good plot.
Mr. Prince.
Robin.
The "X" farewell.

:akaman:
what good villians?

take away crocdile(who i could destroy only slightly slower than luchi's character), what the fuck are you talking about? there is only one semi decent villian in this arc, lol.

great comedy? you guys hate that, according to you guys water luffy would be a sin worth burining the arc to the ground.

good plot? cliche as fuck kingdom rescue, lol.

mister prince, literally a single moment

time bomb not being overused doesnt make it good, each arc should be taken into a vacuem of how good it impleneted its plot, the one in dressrosa is actually well done so i will let it slide
Depends on whether we count Water Seven and EL as a single arc
they are literallly a sngle arc, a single narrative, this whole seperating them thing is wierd given how we go straight from water 7 to enies lobby with no stop