ONE PIECE, CHAPTER 1109: TERMINATION

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Agreed. Only gave it a 2 because of my Gorosensei agenda. Otherwise a 1 would be more fitting as nothing really has happened, and the cliffhanger of last chapter led to a stupid countdown that makes no fucking sense. Like why give the people that killed you 10 minutes to have the chance to destroy your message? If they're capable of killing Vegapunk, that means that these murderers are far from ordinary given that they would need to pass all the security measures to do so. Simply idiotic.

Nothing else was notable here besides a check up on Kizalu's mental health and Saturn summoning his superior Gorosensei members.
Vegapunk giving 10 mins for his enemies who killed him to stop the transmission is a reminder that we are reading a children's manga.
Post automatically merged:

Don’t be surprised if we see Imu in the next few chapters either.

The anime has a couple of months to get to his first voiced appearance (the story about his VA being Kuzan seems to be fake) so I think there’s a good chance of Oda revealing Imu before we get it in the anime.
Or they could just have Imu's voice be distorted for anonymity.

Last edited:

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
@WorstMan @Kizaruber Eats Everything you two said is facts, although I think Ryokugyu is still worse than Kizaru as a person, at least by a margin.

Fellas, I'm starting to lose it. Approaching my lowest point and almost finna had it with this paycheck-chasin’ 'cog in the machine'. He's been my favorite admiral since 2010 and has always kept my expectations high. Moments like these are where loyalties are truly tested.

No... I won't submit, no matter how tempting it seems. I must stay loyal till the end of the arc and believe in the unorthodox, the seemingly impossible mountain that Borsalino has to claw his way up from Oda's writing. We will prevail, we shall see greatness, and our hopes will not be shattered!

Am I being delusional? Yes.
Am I ok with that? Yes. Oda wins either way.

:risitasad::shame:

@WorstMan @Kizaruber Eats Everything you two said is facts, although I think Ryokugyu is still worse than Kizaru as a person, at least by a margin.

Fellas, I'm starting to lose it. Approaching my lowest point and almost finna had it with this paycheck-chasin’ 'cog in the machine'. He's been my favorite admiral since 2010 and has always kept my expectations high. Moments like these are where loyalties are truly tested.

No... I won't submit, no matter how tempting it seems. I must stay loyal till the end of the arc and believe in the unorthodox, the seemingly impossible mountain that Borsalino has to claw his way up from Oda's writing. We will prevail, we shall see greatness, and our hopes will not be shattered!

Ryokogyu might be > Kizaru as a person.

Came to Wano:

• Showed the true face of the government. Makes momonuske change his mind about opening borders. Which means the invasion can't proceed.
  • Revitalises wano environment with his fruit.
  • Turns Shinobu skinny
  • Cleans up Kaido miscreants in Udon.
Marine? Undercover rev? Sword? Don't care.

MY ADMIRAL :finally:

Which of the 5 elders are people most excited to see in action? For me I think it's Gandhi and Ju Peter, but would be happy if any of them show competence.

As a Luffy fan, I’m kinda scared to see the outcome. He’s literally going up against all of the Gorosei now. :crazwhat::strawhatock:

Also @NikaInParis made the chapter thread this time? IIRC @Fleet Leader Fenaker has been doing them. Well, whatever. Thanks for doing it. :optimistic:
Fear not, Luffy can handle himself and he has plenty of people to help him including Sanji who hasn’t gone top speed or activated Ifrit Jambe yet.
:endthis:

Also, RIP to the theory according to which in-universe tomorrow will be SUNday, so Saturn will de defeated today because his day's coming to an end.

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.

Yeah I agree man, Ryo is a much worse person but hes more honest about it too, unless he still has that personality from the Reverie too maybe, but it seems like Oda retconned his character massively, like I suspected he would after his original VA died too.

Kinda ironic to use Usopp as motivation there especially but that edit is great and that scene is what made me love Usopp, along with his backstory, his honesty/authenticity to what really matters to him deep down, how he tried to save Merry and stuck by it over everything and everyone else, giving us the LEGENDARY SOGEKING, his fight with Perona and the godly rescue of Robin with that amazing moment at Enies Lobby too.

Usopp was one of Odas best characters but now hes one of his worst lol.

I really appreciate your sincere commitment and honesty, you're not giving up and you're still being authentic to the agenda/cause, I cannot share that optimism nor determination but I respect it.

I really pray Oda miraculously somehow redeems Usopps and Kizarus characters for you guys, but I barely have any hope anymore, although if he does do it somehow, it will truly be satisfying and glorious especially with their fans like you and some certain great Usopp fans here who refuse to give up on him regardless and share his amazing tenacity and optimism too.

I regarded Usopp and Kizaru as some of Odas best writing and characters pre TS, it truly is bitterly ironic now I can't say the same post TS and in fact its actually the complete opposite for me now with them but only regarding post TS. I loved Usopps timeskip saga with Heracles and that island and him getting those really cool plant powers that Oda barely makes use of now too.

I actually wanted to say that I feel Usopp should have had the Nika Zoan and it should have been a seperate fruit to the Gomu Gomu, GOD KNOWS, PUN INTENDED OFC, THAT HE DESERVES IT SO MUCH and he even got calle a GOD during Dressrosa and is hailed/worshipped/beloved by MANY by that point!
Nika could have fitted Usopp so godamn well, he even made a similar pose to the Nika silhouette and that sort of tribal warrior hero fits Usopp well and imo hes a descendant of Noland too and hence that storyline in Dressrosa with him and the Tontattas and such so it would have linked him even more to Skypeia plus IIRC, Skypeia also has a statue of Usopp like the Tontattas made for him in Dressrosa but I could be wrong ofc.

Ryokogyu might be > Kizaru as a person.

Came to Wano:

• Showed the true face of the government. Makes momonuske change his mind about opening borders. Which means the invasion can't proceed.
  • Revitalises wano environment with his fruit.
  • Turns Shinobu skinny
  • Cleans up Kaido miscreants in Udon.
Marine? Undercover rev? Sword? Don't care.

MY ADMIRAL :finally:
LMFAO, this is too fucking funny, OH GOD! I have been laughing at Green Bull "playing Okami" and rejuvenating, "reforesting"
, reblooming or w/e Wano plus with those other brilliant points you made, he really is an accidental/unintentional hero OR my theory of him playing a facade is true and hes pretending to be a complete dog of the WG and asskisser of the Incestials too. Oda even said him and Fuji would rebel against the WG, be disloyal to it or something like that in a SBS and Green Bull has that rebel without a cause attitude, plus his actor Yoshiro Harada who he is based is known for roles like that I think too?

Green Bulls character felt far too exaggerated and cartoonish, even Orochi and Kanjuro had more nuance so farr and yeah he could really be like that, but I think theres much more to him than that and even Oda outright admitted it with the whole thing about his tattoo and what its based on and how it relates to him, just like the theories have been saying. Its similar to Shunsui with Bleach without giving too many spoilers away ofc.

Green Bull might be a really tragic, sympathetic character when Oda actually develops him and gives him his own arc and imo Elbaf is gonna be his arc too but who knows lol.

Right now Fujitora is the best Admiral for me regardless, it used to be a toss between Kuzan and Kizaru but since Fujitora has appeared and how Oda has written those other 2 and Akainu, Fujitora just sweeps them all extremely hard now especially and Green Bull definitely doesnt compare either imo.

I actually wanted to say that I feel Usopp should have had the Nika Zoan and it should have been a seperate fruit to the Gomu Gomu, GOD KNOWS, PUN INTENDED OFC, THAT HE DESERVES IT SO MUCH and he even got calle a GOD during Dressrosa and is hailed/worshipped/beloved by MANY by that point!
Nika could have fitted Usopp so godamn well, he even made a similar pose to the Nika silhouette and that sort of tribal warrior hero fits Usopp well and imo hes a descendant of Noland too and hence that storyline in Dressrosa with him and the Tontattas and such so it would have linked him even more to Skypeia plus IIRC, Skypeia also has a statue of Usopp like the Tontattas made for him in Dressrosa but I could be wrong ofc.
Never though about it but waw!
Usopp as Nika would have been so great; it would have made the giants scene genuinely good; the statues, the god references, everything would fall in place.
Good one!

Kizaruber Eats

Life's coin always has two sides; flip it wisely.
Never though about it but waw!
Usopp as Nika would have been so great; it would have made the giants scene genuinely good; the statues, the god references, everything would fall in place.
Good one!
Right?! Nika is the bravest, most important, strongest warrior of all, the great warrior god of liberation, so it fits perfectly for Mr I Want To Be A Brave Warrior Of The Sea too ofc!

Tyvm anyway, Im quite proud of that idea! Imagining him rocking up to Elbaf as Nika after getting the fruit?! Maybe he has it in Wano but dies and awakens it in Wano? Or he awakens it in Elbaf after dying there instead, in front of the giants and becomes their hero once and for all, right in front of them in their own homeland and his own dreamland to visit?

Dont even get me started on how I really wanted Usopp vs Big Mom to happen and how THEMATICALLY BRILLIANT it would have been! I could say so much about that too!

lmao.it was his limit, even if he was against some random fodders on the street , his g5 limit will come eventually, down longer than kizaru is irrelevant here since he was pizza diffed kizaru down again in this chapter in 1 vs 2 fight, he was so weak that saturn need to summon 4 gorosei to make the fight less unbalance lol
you don't honestly believe Kizaru is down though do you, tossing a guy far doesn't take him out of combat. And Gorosei and only coming because of Vegapunk's broadcast, not once has Saturn shown concern over Nika as a fighter.