General & Others How did Shanks>Mihawk become so popular?

So basically haters are taking advantage of Mihawk more withdrawn personality to put the rat ahead
withdrawn personality?
The whole point of that scene was Mihawk trying his very best to kill Luffy to see if Luffy will die or will he somehow get saved. He couldn't get past Vista fast enough to get to Luffy, so had to retreat because the walls were closing.
Then afterwards he continued chasing Luffy only to get stopped by Crocodile and not being able to get past Croc as well

withdrawn personality?
The whole point of that scene was Mihawk trying his very best to kill Luffy to see if Luffy will die or will he somehow get saved. He couldn't get past Vista fast enough to get to Luffy, so had to retreat because the walls were closing.
Then afterwards he continued chasing Luffy only to get stopped by Crocodile and not being able to get past Croc as well
That is utter crap he said against zoro he would sink with his kokuto how did that play out in the end

Luffy was also one of the only character beside Zoro Mihawk has been looking forward to see his growth

I do not know what was the majority opinion in very early one piece but from what I know , it has always been popular in general. Since marineford imo.
Majority never bought it. Shank been seen stronger, more plot relevant basically since the beginning. What happening now the disparity so huge, neutrals dnt even buy WSS shit anymore. An shank legitimately crushing him anywhere u go.

With good reason too. Even if u didnt believe back then. Its near obvious nowadays Yonko are the strongest characters in the manga. An to go further one has connection to teach, an the other luffy subordinate. Its alway made narrative sense BB reaches top 1 beating shank. Theres legitimately nothing like that going for mihawk vs Zoro.

An shank is a superior haki user to midhawk. Hence claiming midhawk stronger by ur own logic. illogical "turd" lol.
and did oda tell u that ?
Cause i am certain it wasnt stated anywhere that shanks has better haki than mihawk
and i am also not retarded enough to compare 2 individuals where 1 hasnt even shown everything
whats next ? law has better haki than dragon cause dragon hasnt shown shit ?
it this what a turd brain does to u ?

SAY I DNT READ THE STORY WITHOUT TELLIN ME LMAO. SUCK TO BE A MIDHAWK FAN HUH?? You clown @JoNdule for claiming roofpiece filler. While coping like this
trying to defend ndule ? i guess u are a ndule tier trash urself

why didnt ur king CoC slap vista? No FS midhawk for a reason
:usoprice:
and the part where mihawk went all out ?

True we dnt even know midhawk has ACoC lls, didnt stop u from brainlessly assuming its superior to shanks.
yeah i guess idk what being the king of swordsmen means right :lulz::lulz:
it obv means that someone else is a greater conqueror than u in that field even if that contradicts the title itself
well these are coc discussions , a law fan wont even understand it

A lot of Sanji fans don't want Zoro above Sanji.

A lot of Luffy fans don't want Zoro to be anywhere near Luffy (many from this category also push Zoro >= Sanji for the same reason)

Then you have a lot of the actual diehard Shanks fanboys who will obviously say Shanks is stronger. And you're left with multiple fanbases all pushing the same narrative because it suits their respective agendas.

Yonko > wSS

Oda literally hypes Buggy as Yonko equal to a Yonko (Shanks) over WSS Mihawk

No yonko has ever been put under a warlord while warlords are all below a Yonko in status and power

In the beginning it was never about Shanks and Mihawk. Zoro fans used "Mihawk>Shanks" as a means to push "Zoro>Luffy" agenda, so Luffy fans started coming up with ways to counteract Mihawk>Shanks. Eventually Shanks and Mihawk got their own fandoms, but the damage was already done, and the rest is history. I know this, because I'm the one who came up with a lot of the counterarguments in favor of Shanks, and I was never even a Shanks fan. Back in those days, the debates seriously were never about Shanks and Mihawk though.:milaugh:

Last edited:
I know it has a lot to do with youtubers almost all of them seem to think shanks is stronger then Mihawk and they are influencers so most people will just follow their lead, but why did most of them just huddle around this thought? I used to be shanks>Mihawk to until I thought about It for more then 5 minutes, so how did a ridiculous notion get so popular? Not trolling rn I’m genuinely curious how this happened.
It’s because Marine Ford was a really poorly written arc. Oda stacked things way too far in favor of the Marines, forcing most of the Marine forces to job beyond logical reason. Sengoku and Garp stood around doing nothing, while Admirals and Mihawk took their time against Yonko Commanders they could normally 1 shot.

The result is Mihawk’s feats look really poor in comparison to the P2 showings of the Yonko, but Mihawk will also get better showings in P2.

It's because of aura. Everyone knows that Oda always make Shanks looks like he is "the guy"

An ordinary op fan that are not involved in powerscalling discussion will likely think he is stronger

Last edited: