General & Others How did Shanks>Mihawk become so popular?

In the beginning it was never about Shanks and Mihawk. Zoro fans used "Mihawk>Shanks" as a means to push "Zoro>Luffy" agenda, so Luffy fans started coming up with ways to counteract Mihawk>Shanks. Eventually Shanks and Mihawk got their own fandoms, but the damage was already done, and the rest is history. I know this, because I'm the one who came up with a lot of the counterarguments in favor of Shanks, and I was never even a Shanks fan. Back in those days, the debates seriously were never about Shanks and Mihawk though.:milaugh:
That's just how you remember it because you never bothered reading someone's argument at face value without adding your own preconceptions and agenda to it.
Zoro > Luffy was never part of Mihawk > Shanks. In fact it was the Mihawk side that was always pointing out that Luffy has no place in this debate because Shanks is not Luffy's Mihawk. It was the Shanks side that kept trying to bring Luffy into the debate to try and discredit Mihawk > Shanks.

It was mainly Sanji fans that supported the Shanks fans with Luffy fans joining in.
Because as delusional as they were even they knew Sanji > Shanks would never happen but they had to keep Sanji = Zoro going

That's just how you remember it because you never bothered reading someone's argument at face value without adding your own preconceptions and agenda to it.
Zoro > Luffy was never part of Mihawk > Shanks. In fact it was the Mihawk side that was always pointing out that Luffy has no place in this debate because Shanks is not Luffy's Mihawk. It was the Shanks side that kept trying to bring Luffy into the debate to try and discredit Mihawk > Shanks.

It was mainly Sanji fans that supported the Shanks fans with Luffy fans joining in.
Because as delusional as they were even they knew Sanji > Shanks would never happen but they had to keep Sanji = Zoro going
That's wrong, because I always argued that Shanks was not Luffys end goal. Roger was. I would say it multiple times every debate. The only reason I joined in on those debates is because you guys always made it about Luffy and Zoro, and would say Sanji had no foot in the race.

That's wrong, because I always argued that Shanks was not Luffys end goal. Roger was. I would say it multiple times every debate. The only reason I joined in on those debates is because you guys always made it about Luffy and Zoro, and would say Sanji had no foot in the race.
That's exactly what I mean man. Yes you did do that but thats because you kept reading what you wanted to read and not what was actually written. No one has ever claimed Zoro > Luffy because of Mihawk and Shanks, you argued against it all the time for no reason