Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1110 Spoilers Discussion

Should we open the chapter discussion thread for the iffy translation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yes, I think Oda had Zoro use adCoC to take out Lucci because he seriously thinks Lucci is up there above YC1. Oda clearly is showing a lot of love to his previous villains
The thing is... a YC1 took much more punishment from the same Zoro, gave him much more of a competitive fight than Lucci did.

Oda is showing a lot of love to Warlords, and yea they are underrated as hell.
Lucci ain't one and he didn't look nearly as impressive as King did when Zoro fought them both.

Ultimately, i did think that Oda was going to make Kaidou/King > Kizaru/Lucci so it didn't really surprise me at all.

Zoro getting stalled at some pointless fight he ends with one "teleport behind you, done" attack.
Sanji running back and forth for several chapters.
Usopp crying in the corner.
etc.

These are go to stalling options for Oda for a long time now.
Memes are funny, but I find it genuinely absurd how people can be absolutely pulled down by these.
It's funny, this is meant to be an escape arc yet he's purposefully holding back all the people who can help with the escape for no reason.

The thing is... a YC1 took much more punishment from the same Zoro, gave him much more of a competitive fight than Lucci did.

Oda is showing a lot of love to Warlords, and yea they are underrated as hell.
Lucci ain't one and he didn't look nearly as impressive as King did when Zoro fought them both.

Ultimately, i did think that Oda was going to make Kaidou/King > Kizaru/Lucci so it didn't really surprise me at all.
I love how you casually snuck in some Warlord wank out of nowhere

so the same zoro but someone who held back
It’s not holding back lol, it’s a matter of the “forms” used. it’s why we use things such as “adCoC Zoro” or “Base Zoro”

Zoro turned on the flames and black lightning earlier in the arc, showing us that he was in adCoC combat mode

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I’ve been asking a couple Zbros this since the spoilers dropped

What diff was this fight to you
I think Zoro caring about Sanji's insult more than Lucci as an opponent, says everything.

It showed that this wasn't a struggle nor something that he needs to overcome, it was a fight that Zoro could finish whenever he wanted, however he wanted to and with a single technique while taking no damage himself.

Hard to put this anything above a Low Diff.

You can’t have an extended fight with someone and oneshot them

Lucci was bleeding in the last cutaway from the fight meaning at some point he got hit

That’s not a oneshot lol
yes you can, mihawk pretimeskip could have ended the fight in a milisecond killing all the plebs at barati arc instead he is a type that uses as much effort as to hunt down a rabbit, Zoro is the same (check Pica check Monet) he never goes all out like Luffy but does just the straight necessary, if Zoro wanted, he could have ended this clash in a split of seconds

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It’s not about effort, shonen character never pull out finishers right away. Why should we powerscale them base of finishers? If G5 Luffy not taking any of the current fights seriously because he hasn’t pulled out bajrang gun?
It's not about finishers... Zoro legit took out Lucci with the first Named Technique that he used.

You are bringing the ceiling of their capabilities, when Zoro didn't even start using Named Attacks during all the offpanel-ing.

How much clearer does Oda have to be?

They aren't fighting the Gorosei in "true" battles here.

It's all about stalling for another 5 minutes or so and then escaping as fast as possible.

Maybe a few short skirmishes happen, but that's about it.
What about the power to protect themselves, this isn't Sabady anymore that all of them is running as fast as possible.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
It showed that this wasn't a struggle nor something that he needs to overcome, it was a fight that Zoro could finish whenever he wanted, however he wanted to and with a single technique while taking no damage himself.
I agree, BUT, and here comes the narrative problem with it.
With how urgent this arc allegedly is, doesn't this make Zoro look stupid as fuck?
Especially after his "this is the New World! We can't goof around!" speech he gave Luffy back in Punk Hazard?

Mind you that I'm not trying to slander Zoro or anything. I'm just trying to point how useless powerscaling debates are when Oda doesn't seem to give two fucks about it.
We went from "Kaku>Lucci" takes to "Lucci>YC1" and now "Nah, Lucci ain't even YC1" in the span of half an arc.
:pepecafe:

It’s not holding back lol, it’s a matter of the “forms” used. it’s why we use things such as “adCoC Zoro” or “Base Zoro”

Zoro turned on the flames and black lightning earlier in the arc, showing us that he was in adCoC combat mode
?
rooftop zoro didnt have any form like this
if u are trying to differentiate between no-haki and haki zoro then thats stupid since haki has always been a basic technique postimeskip

Status
Not open for further replies.