Break Week How would you feel if Shanks..

How would you feel if Oda decided to reveal that Shanks is more than just a swordsman ? Idc if its the hakiman "theory", some other secret power or whatever.

Would the statement that Mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than Shanks make sense ?
Would it ruin Zoro's dream ?

Tbh I can see it happening, after all Shanks is Odas golden child, still wouldn't change Mihawk being stronger than him though. Oda never planned for Shanks to lose his arm so he was always going to be weaker than hawk eye.

How would you feel if Oda decided to reveal that Shanks is more than just a swordsman ? Idc if its the hakiman "theory", some other secret power or whatever.

Would the statement that Mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than Shanks make sense ?
Would it ruin Zoro's dream ?

Yes, it will.
Hakiman theory is dumb. As if Zoro and Mihawk would fight with Haki turned off.
:lawsigh:

Oda will give him some powerful non sword ability, if only to further the whole Shanks vs Mihawk debate.

Shanks inherited Roger’s will and Roger inherited Joyboy’s will.

Joyboy, as we know, didn’t have a set fighting style. He was a mixed fighter with his silhouette showing him holding both a knife and a spear.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, it will.
Hakiman theory is dumb. As if Zoro and Mihawk would fight with Haki turned off.
:lawsigh:
The hakiman theory is dumb

but Shanks being a mixed fighter is a decent possibility. His sword is probably his main style, but he could also be skilled in guns and leg attacks.

I believe he used a gun in the pirate warriors games. Roger was also shown using one in chapter 0.

TBH at this point I don't really care who's stronger between the two, I just hope that Mihawk has more relevant feats and story impact rather than being reserved as Zoro's endgame.

Shanks is more than just a swordsman ?
but what does that mean? Are those abilities more powerful than his swordsmanship? Then Oda has to justify Shanks ever using a sword in the first place, because that would literally count as Shanks nerfing himself all his life. Desperate bottom of the barrel level theory.

Or is swordsmanship still his most powerful ability? Then what's the point of those "secret powers"?

"Hawkeye, you may have bested me in swordsmanship, my literal specialty, but I have something weaker up my sleeve!"

Oda is very clever in how he handles shanks vs mihawk. There is a chance we may not have clear answer even after we see their feats.

That being said shanks has more chance than mihawk to show his strength. Shanks is guaranteed to fight both luffy and BB and maybe his father figarland vs mihawk only having zoro who will high diff him if not lower than that.

but what does that mean? Are those abilities more powerful than his swordsmanship? Then Oda has to justify Shanks ever using a sword in the first place, because that would literally count as Shanks nerfing himself all his life. Deserate bottom of the barrel level theory.

Or is swordsmanship still his most powerful ability? Then what's the point of those "secret powers"?

"Hawkeye, you may have bested me in swordsmanship, my literal specialty, but I have something weaker up my sleeve!"
Shanks lost his sword dominate hand 12 years ago him learning a new style of fighting to make up for him losing most of his swordsmanship isn’t the most impossible idea the shanks fandom put forward.

It's entirely possible that despite being Oda's golden child, Shanks is, in Oda's mind, weaker than Mihawk. After all, it's entirely possible that Shanks, despite all that hype, is still weaker than Kaido, the WSC. Being Oda's golden child just means Shanks will have way more impact in the story than Mihawk, and their strength is relative, with Shanks being slightly weaker.
After all, the only time where Oda outright compares Mihawk to Shanks, Oda puts Mihawk ahead. Shit I think that's the only time where Oda outright compares a top tier to one another through statements.

Shanks lost his sword dominate hand 12 years ago him learning a new style of fighting to make up for him losing most of his swordsmanship isn’t the most impossible idea the shanks fandom put forward.
And I already explained why it's a retarded theory if that fighting style is stronger than his swordsmanship, and if it's weaker then it's completely redundant to the Shanks vs Mihawk debate.

And I already explained why it's a retarded theory if that fighting style is stronger than his swordsmanship, and if it's weaker then it's completely redundant to the Shanks vs Mihawk debate.
If shanks didn’t develop till after he lost his arm what’s the problem? He never fought Mihawk afterwards.

I love how you're forced to wank Zoro after what Zoro's corpse did to Kaido lmao. Mihawk will face a 10x stronger Asura and make Kaido look like they don't belong in the same tier (they don't)
I have always supported zoro though. Zoro fights always ends in mid diff once he awakens his abilities. It is what it is.

I have always supported zoro though. Zoro fights always ends in mid diff once he awakens his abilities. It is what it is.
And what will Zoro "awaken" against Mihawk? A black blade? The thing Mihawk already has? Zoro's final power up will literally be something that makes him reach Mihawk's level, and then he will mid diff him?

And what will Zoro "awaken" against Mihawk? A black blade? The thing Mihawk already has? Zoro's final power up will literally be something that makes him reach Mihawk's level, and then he will mid diff him?
Used asura = negged Kaku
Awakens COC = Handily beat king
Awakens breath of all things = negged mr.one

I am not sure about his exact powerup but yeah zoro will surpass mihawk by a significant margin at the end. Nasujuro may even be his end game fight and not mihawk.

I listened to KOL's recent livestream/podcast.

They were discussing that maybe Shanks also has Gorosei like ability. It can explain how fast he got to MF. It is a possibility, but I dont think it will happen.

Used asura = negged Kaku
but Kaku didn't have asura
Awakens COC = Handily beat king
but King didn't have ACoC
Awakens breath of all things = negged mr.one
But Mr.1 didn't have BOAT

You see how the Mihawk fight is different from those bums?

I am not sure about his exact powerup but yeah zoro will surpass mihawk by a significant margin at the end. Nasujuro may even be his end game fight and not mihawk.
Mihawk isn't Kaido dude. He isn't getting defeated mid game lmao.