Break Week Why do Mihawk fans want him to be related to Imu?

I like the idea of Mihawk being a trained holy knight that left the order, him coming from the same family as Imu would be a way to tie it all together. Would also help explain his neutral relationship towards Shanks.

But this would give Oda too much credit, I don't think he's interested in giving Mihawk any kind of real story. We'll just get more vague SBS answers.

No one ever said "I want Mihawk to be related to Imu"
I don't even believe Imu is Final Villain or Secondary Villain of Story

But Mihawk is a Knight-Looking Swordsman, Acts like Royalty, same Eyes as Imu, his Name "Dracule" is reference to both Devil & Dragon, and an Associate of Shanks & another Knight-Looking Guy who wants to Oppose WG & acts as Royalty as well (Crocodile)

It's obvious that there is a Shared Origin Story between all these Characters
But it's just Oda's way of tying Endgame Sub-Plots & Characters together

Personally, i believe certain Ancient Characters found a way to remain in World of Living by possessing People, just like Devil Powers are inside Fruits & get Recycled, those with Double-Layered Eyes are Hosts of such Characters

So Someone is Imprisoned inside Zunisha
Someone is Imprisoned inside Imu
Someone is Imprisoned inside Mihawk
Hakuba is Imprisoned inside Cavendish
And there are many more who aren't Revealed yet

Double-Layered Eyes appear when They reach "Awakening", meaning both are looking through those Eyes (Such as when Cavendish & Hakuba achieved Imperfect Fusion/Awakening), and the Host decides whether to give Control to them or not. Zunisha, Mihawk & Imu seem to be only Awakened Ones so far, with Imu even granting Control to that other Person, while Mihawk is waiting for a Swordsman who can push him to switch with other guy

Their Leader is probably the one Imprisoned inside Zunisha
Hence why Roger & Oden felt very uncomfy on Zou

Because right now midhawk's entire hype is based upon one guy: Shanks

He has literally nothing else giving him relevance, he doesn't have any major wins or feats, his bounty is less than even Blackbeard's, no one really talks about his strength, no one aside from Zoro and some okama kingdom transvestites wants his title, the WG don't appear to respect him all that much, his crew is a joke. He has one thing and one thing only: he once fought shanks.

Whereas Shanks has a legitimate yonko title with a strong crew, he split the skies with whitebeard, chased off Kaido, stopped an entire war with his presence and made Mid run away twice. He one shot a 3 bill bounty and is so respected by the WG the gorosei meet with him personally and is likely related to Garland who fought in God Valley. His hype stands alone.

Therefore if Mid is related to Im, it would actually give him some separate hype and midhawk fans will finally be able to point to something that isn't Shanks to justify their headcannon