General & Others It has been a week for me now since I stopped caring about powerscaling and getting triggered by other people's thoughts about my favorite characters

And honestly, its the most happy Ive been in a long, long time reading this series. A week or so ago I realized that I was living in a toxic filled cesspool of a mess weekly by indulding myself in the hardcore powerscaling and tribe wars this place has going on. And I decided to just stop caring and cut everything off, and its been a blast.

You guys should try it. Its really great and it may help you recover some of the love you lost for this series because toxic powerlevel debates sure as hell diminished my love for the series over time.

And honestly, its the most happy Ive been in a long, long time reading this series. A week or so ago I realized that I was living in a toxic filled cesspool of a mess weekly by indulding myself in the hardcore powerscaling and tribe wars this place has going on. And I decided to just stop caring and cut everything off, and its been a blast.

You guys should try it. Its really great and it may help you recover some of the love you lost for this series because toxic powerlevel debates sure as hell diminished my love for the series over time.
This is true. Series is more enjoyable if there is no microscaling week after week. I dont deny that characters were dropped to some extent as compared to preskip but you can still enjoy them if there is no weekly microscaling discussion.

The powerscaling debates never really diminished my enjoyment of the serie. However G5 did, it's a new main character for me. And I'm not much interested in seeing his journey.

So now I'm definitely more into Kingdom. I will read OP till the end though.
I used to read Kingdom but stopped about a year or so ago, where are you at right now if you dont mind me asking bro?
This is true. Series is more enjoyable if there is no microscaling week after week. I dont deny that characters were dropped to some extent as compared to preskip but you can still enjoy them if there is no weekly microscaling discussion.
Yeah spending every week fighting for or against characters gets tiresome after a while imo.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
If you're not enjoying something, then the best thing to do is to avoid it altogether. Hope it'll work out well for you. Personally, the thing that excites me the most about being a part of OP communities is the power scaling debates. I've been through this shithole for so long that its toxicity doesn't bother me anymore, but I agree that it's not for everyone.

I caught up with the manga a few years ago, been reading weekly now
I stopped after Osen beat Riboku and they took that strategic city, I forgot the name, after that I thought Zhou was done for because thats what the manga has been implying and the war with them has been going on for so long and they lost like 400k soldiers but they just wont stop coming. Its like they have infinite armies, that kind of turned me off from the manga because it didnt feel realistic for huge armies to keep springing up after Zhou lost half its territory and is getting choked out and having been giga crippled by the loss of 400k men ( that shit would require generations to come back from).

And I hear the Zhou campaign is still ongoing lmao.

Once in my virgin days here on worstgen, I happily wandered around, exploring this community near and far. This is when I happen to stumble upon a “Zoro-power-scaling-thread”. Interested, I decided to take a peek and noticed the maker expressing their utmost discomfort with the way Zoro’s battle with King had been handled. In my compassion and empathy for their situation as a fan, I brought forth my condolence and tried to cheer the obvious teenager / young adult up.

A good deed done for the day… .

…only to be directly confronted with an utmost rigid view on the situation and an emotional outburst that must have given them headaches for the duration of said battle-chapters.

To a degree I feel bad, when I say that it was fascinating watching someone so utterly unhinging his self-restrain. To this day I wonder if they wrecked their room only because that fight was not to their liking. I do can imagine them screaming and jumping around, throwing their stuff to the ground like an angry gorilla roaringly throws poop at visitors in a zoo. Or Gollum doing so because he can’t find his precious.

To this day, whenever I dare to walk into a powerscaling thread, I’m asking myself: Do you really want to walk into the territory of angry Gollum? Or should you skip out on this experience?

It’s good to hear that a fan decided to not to let themselves get dragged anymore into those interpersonal, toxic depths of some power scaling threads, but can now enjoy the manga as an art work and entertainment source to fill their free time. :optimistic:

The powerscaling debates never really diminished my enjoyment of the serie. However G5 did, it's a new main character for me. And I'm not much interested in seeing his journey.

So now I'm definitely more into Kingdom. I will read OP till the end though.
This. I actually enjoy powerscaling, because even though a lot of the takes I see are just the most low quality, unintelligible slop on the planet I still like to debunk them and what not.
It's a fun way to pass the time though it can get annoying sometimes.

@Fujishiro you should not have gone against Zoro, there is still time to convert. Leave your old ways of hating Zoro and come over to the right side, become a true member of the Grandmaster FC and you will find happiness.

You couldn't stay away for more than a week? And you are coming back when Luffy vs Lucci is getting animated? Bad timing.
You really missed the point of this thread did you? And I never hated Zoro. Im not even sure why you say that?

Enjoy your powerscaling stuff.

Nah brah... I don't even involve my self in any discussion but I am not enjoying the series.... Only reason I am still checking is agendas, meltdowns in th forum keeps interesting :sighting:
If people stop doing that one piece will fade away from my life

If you stop trying to convince others on what you beleive is true,you won't have any issues tbh.

We all can read,we all are capable of critical thinking so having a different opinion than the majority shouldn't be an issue.

I for one don't believe Zoro,Luffy or Garp are as strong as most believe here but I won't argue all day or get upset people beleive that way lol

Wait, you take that shit to heart?
It should just be a fun past time bro. You pit your understanding of the manga through the lens of a character's fighting prowess with someone else's either in a proper debate or in a troll-off. There should be nothing toxic about it.
Eh, when you have people intentionally trolling and being intellectually dishonest it does tend to become grating and like you said troll-offs can quickly devolve into toxic shit slinging and flaming of each other.

Anyways Its not really healthy in the long run for me I noticed because I tend to take those things seriously and I noticed it was really stressing me out seeing people troll my favorite characters and all that.

But I learned to let go and Im feeling much better about it, now when I see someone come up with a take I disagree with I still get the urge to respond to it but I know that If I do it may send me right down the rabbit hole of pointless debates that lead to nowhere.