General & Others It has been a week for me now since I stopped caring about powerscaling and getting triggered by other people's thoughts about my favorite characters

Congratulations OP.

There is indeed more to life than just One Piece, much less a specific discussion about it.

I was one of the most active mangatraders member back in the day, I spent a few hours a day talking about shounen action Manga.

Not until years later I realized that the time I spent convincing dumb takes & delusional people, that I can just watch blockbuster movies, play AAA games, tinker with my motorcycle, doing sport in the park, etc.

Heck, it's better to just wasting time talking with friends / family, rather than fanboys on the internet who blindly thinks they always right.

Anyways Its not really healthy in the long run for me I noticed because I tend to take those things seriously and I noticed it was really stressing me out seeing people troll my favorite characters and all that.

But I learned to let go and Im feeling much better about it, now when I see someone come up with a take I disagree with I still get the urge to respond to it but I know that If I do it may send me right down the rabbit hole of pointless debates that lead to nowhere.
Fair enough, if it affects you this way it's good that you recognize it and are doing what you need to do.

now when I see someone come up with a take I disagree with I still get the urge to respond to it but I know that If I do it may send me right down the rabbit hole of pointless debates that lead to nowhere.
I just be selective about it.

If there is a take, whether it's about something/someone I like or not, first I gauge whether they say something more factual or not.

For example, yesterday someone said "X has FS & Internal Destruction", I would just ignore it, even when X is my top characters.

I definitely have the urge to correct them, but I won't do it. People like these can't be helped, they're gone too far.

I also automatically ignore people hating on someone/something, even if those people are fellow X/Y fans.

For example, in FF7 fandom, you'll see that the majority fans are hating on Aerith. Some of them are my fellow Tifa fans, so I just ignore them & their discussion.

I just be selective about it.

If there is a take, whether it's about something/someone I like or not, first I gauge whether they say something more factual or not.

For example, yesterday someone said "X has FS & Internal Destruction", I would just ignore it, even when X is my top characters.

I definitely have the urge to correct them, but I won't do it. People like these can't be helped, they're gone too far.

I also automatically ignore people hating on someone/something, even if those people are fellow X/Y fans.
Thats certaintly another way to do things but I find it hard to ignore people lmao.

Though i understand your view but Some people got into One piece to power scale.
We or they really don't care about Nika wank.
Maybe some but for most I would wager they started just watching the anime or manga and then came here to discuss about it, then powerscaling came later.

By we do you mean Zoro fans or? Im not sure what you mean by that later line sorry lmao. I think most people Ive seen love the new G5 stuff but then again they arent really into powerscaling and are anime onlies for the most part.

Maybe some but for most I would wager they started just watching the anime or manga and then came here to discuss about it, then powerscaling came later.
That's how it's been for majority ig.
I came here with some post saying.

This mf , came among the people who have power to create black holes , Earthquakes , One is a god.
One hand guy stopped the whole war.

So I was curious lol.

It was like watching zenpachi clip.
By we do you mean Zoro fans or? Im not sure what you mean by that later line sorry lmao. I think most people Ive seen love the new G5 stuff but then again they arent really into powerscaling and are anime onlies for the most
Naah not exactly zoro fans but , All who prefer Power scaling vs Nika Lore Wankers.

That's how it's been for majority ig.
I came here with some post saying.

This mf , came among the people who have power to create black holes , Earthquakes , One is a god.
One hand guy stopped the whole war.

So I was curious lol.

It was like watching zenpachi clip.
Oh I see.

Naah not exactly zoro fans but , All who prefer Power scaling vs Nika Lore Wankers.
Ah okay, personally I dont really like the direction that Oda is going with the Nika story stuff but I still have other characters stories that I am interested in like how Fuji is going to deal with the WG and all that so Im excited :P

Haha, well I really love Fujitoras character. Hes a gambler, hes kind, he has a deep sense of justice and seems to think of others before thinking about himself. All qualities I appreciate in a human being, well minus the gambling part lmao.
Gambling part is the best imo.
Sorry for getting into power scaling again , but thay speaks volume on his observation haki lol.
Emotion sensing and stuff really ain't much dwelled in since marineford.

And honestly, its the most happy Ive been in a long, long time reading this series. A week or so ago I realized that I was living in a toxic filled cesspool of a mess weekly by indulding myself in the hardcore powerscaling and tribe wars this place has going on. And I decided to just stop caring and cut everything off, and its been a blast.

You guys should try it. Its really great and it may help you recover some of the love you lost for this series because toxic powerlevel debates sure as hell diminished my love for the series over time.
This series has gone in the can what else is there but memes

Once in my virgin days here on worstgen, I happily wandered around, exploring this community near and far. This is when I happen to stumble upon a “Zoro-power-scaling-thread”. Interested, I decided to take a peek and noticed the maker expressing their utmost discomfort with the way Zoro’s battle with King had been handled. In my compassion and empathy for their situation as a fan, I brought forth my condolence and tried to cheer the obvious teenager / young adult up.

A good deed done for the day… .

…only to be directly confronted with an utmost rigid view on the situation and an emotional outburst that must have given them headaches for the duration of said battle-chapters.

To a degree I feel bad, when I say that it was fascinating watching someone so utterly unhinging his self-restrain. To this day I wonder if they wrecked their room only because that fight was not to their liking. I do can imagine them screaming and jumping around, throwing their stuff to the ground like an angry gorilla roaringly throws poop at visitors in a zoo. Or Gollum doing so because he can’t find his precious.

To this day, whenever I dare to walk into a powerscaling thread, I’m asking myself: Do you really want to walk into the territory of angry Gollum? Or should you skip out on this experience?

It’s good to hear that a fan decided to not to let themselves get dragged anymore into those interpersonal, toxic depths of some power scaling threads, but can now enjoy the manga as an art work and entertainment source to fill their free time. :optimistic:
Ain't you still a virgin