Theory Straw hat separation 2.0

Elbaf isn’t the next arc.

While Elbaf seems to be right around the corner, a lot of fans are missing a key detail. Oda is splitting up the crew.

On one hand, you have the Sunny: Zoro, jinbe, Chopper, Usopp, Brook, Nami, and Robin.

On the other you have the giant pirates’ ship: Luffy, Sanji, Franky, and Bonney.

Oda’s doing another separation. The sunny will go straight to elbaf, whereas Luffy and the giants will have a side arc. This side arc will give Oda the time to set up elbaf. As of now we have no idea who the villain of elbaf is. Oda will use this side arc to set that up so that Elbaf will be a big proper arc like wano, an arc worthy of its hype.

So what do I think the next arc will be? I’m guessing sphinx island would make a lot of sense. It’s a major island that imo Luffy needs to visit, given how the island holds Ace’s grave. Now that Luffy is a yonko and is one poneglyph away from one piece, it would be the perfect time for him to visit sphinx island. Especially with the set up for Luffy’s true dream, which is still unknown.

Perhaps Sphinx island will be the arc where we learn Luffy’s true dream, as he did tell Ace about it. Furthermore, if the burned man really is that shichibukai that Ace defeated, this would be the perfect time to introduce him.

Lastly, in terms of an arc villain, I think Garling could be a good choice. He is too important to fall to the mid trio imo. The guy is likely Shanks’s dad, he had a role in god valley, and has a moon shaped head. This is significant as Luffy is the Sun god.

Sphinx island is non-WG affiliated. And Oda already introduced the CD’s elimination tournament concept. Perhaps Sphinx island will be the next location for a genocide. A god valley 2.0.

Given how it was WB’s home, I think the WG could target it.

Ultimately I see Oda using this arc to introduce the holy knights who the mid and weak trio will fight EoS. I think the only real 1v1 will be Luffy vs Garling, in which we will get a god valley flashback.

The SHs will escape, rather than face all of the holy knights and marines. However I see them saving the people of Sphinx island by boarding them onto the giant pirates’ ship.

While this happens, Oda will have Teach acquire the ancient weapons and conquer Elbaf. Setting him up as the arc’s villain.

I don't see it.

1- There's no time for this when the final saga is gaining momentum, going to Sphinx Island now would be a terrible way to throw it into the sea.
2- There's nothing interesting there other than the tombs, and Luffy has already made peace with Ace's death.
3- The Strawhats forcefully splitting right after they became a Yonko crew would be the worse way to introduce them as a legitimate Yonko crew.
2- We have enough Luffy already, we don't need a whole damn saga of Luffy on his own again.

Robin's and franky's next big vilain opponents need to be at least yc3 level , there are only a handful of choices for who they can be , either mid level holy knights or black beard pirates or Seraphims or momousagi and tokikake. Those are the only known options
Post automatically merged:

the Seraphims, the admirals and the holy knights, only two of those groups can leave marijoa and only the holy knights could make future strawhats flee IF they have 3 top tiers plus 7 yc level guys

Last edited:
I don't see it.

1- There's no time for this when the final saga is gaining momentum, going to Sphinx Island now would be a terrible way to throw it into the sea.
2- There's nothing interesting there other than the tombs, and Luffy has already made peace with Ace's death.
3- The Strawhats forcefully splitting right after they became a Yonko crew would be the worse way to introduce them as a legitimate Yonko crew.
2- We have enough Luffy already, we don't need a whole damn saga of Luffy on his own again.
The thing is, Oda is literally splitting up the crew by having half of them take the sunny and the other half take the giants’ ship.