General & Others Black blade death

#1

I have other post explaining why I believe black blades through death and sacrifice so ima make another one

We know the main purpose and goal of a sword is to kill. The stronger the sword the higher the urge. That being the reason they try to kill whoever tries to wield them if they believe they aren’t strong enough. With it also being the reason they let strong people wield them because that means they get to kill even more stronger characters. The blade being able to kill a strong enough character likely being what pushes them to the next level aka a black blade


Zoro killing Sommers might actually make one of his blades black since he’s actually able to kill him. As for why don’t other characters have black blades if it’s that simple? It’s one piece characters really don’t kill much as dumb as it sounds. Zoro himself doesn’t even kill anyone really hell he barely scars them


On top of killing a strong enough character to satisfy the blade I think someone strong enough to master a blade killing themselves would also make it black. In a scenario like that both the person and blade powering up reaching another level if the user is able to survive


As for what’s up with the grim reaper in Wano I assume it’s probably related to enma trying to take Zoro’s life. As for why it didn’t I think wado protecting him somehow would be interesting


When it comes to Xebec not having a black blade despite killing an admiral
  • They weren’t strong enough to satisfy the blade
  • Xebec didn’t directly kill them with his sword
  • Something else


With Mihawk and Ryokugyu having black blades I think it’s also tied to death. Aramaki killing a past female loved one with his blade or them killing themselves with it. Same with him killing somebody in previous group he was in or one of them literally backstabbing him with yoru


Also think Zoro and Fujitora have received permanent boost from their blades. With them sacrificing a part of themselves aka their eyes. Zoro’s scar probably coming from shusui with it giving him the same scar ryuma had. As for what sacrificing a part of yourself does I think it gives the person access to the blades special traits themselves. Like if Zoro did the same thing with enma he’d be able to suck up haki from others
 
Top