Football Discussion Thread

Who is more finished?


  • Total voters
    20

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
@Reborn

A report from Argentinian reporter Gaston Edul recently suggested Messi could continue playing all the way until 2030. Messi currently has no plans of retiring any time soon. His contract with Inter Miami is set to expire at the end of the 2028 MLS season.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/m...r-kily-gonzalez-inspires-hope-among-fans.html
Yeah! I read about it somewhere and reportedly Messi intends to play at Miami until 2030.

Another thing is Messi could have played for Argentina until 2028 Copa or atleast WC 2030 opening game in Argentina but multiple factors made him retire despite being so Good - disappointing WC final loss, Father's death and Argentine relying too much on Messi. I guess he felt Argentina needs time to build new team without him and 4 years is perfect time period to build new team.

Scaloni would have struggled to build new team in matter of few months or one or two years. 4 years are perfect time period
 
Yeah! I read about it somewhere and reportedly Messi intends to play at Miami until 2030.

Another thing is Messi could have played for Argentina until 2028 Copa or atleast WC 2030 opening game in Argentina but multiple factors made him retire despite being so Good - disappointing WC final loss, Father's death and Argentine relying too much on Messi. I guess he felt Argentina needs time to build new team without him and 4 years is perfect time period to build new team.

Scaloni would have struggled to build new team in matter of few months or one or two years. 4 years are perfect time period
He made the right decision the final image is the one that remains etched in most people's memories.

What could be better than stepping away from the big stage while essentially semi retired and being compared to Mbappe,Kane,Olise,Yamal.

If he were to play in the 2030 WC he would likely be washed and people would start saying the same things they say about Ronaldo, that he's holding the team back etc.
 

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
He made the right decision the final image is the one that remains etched in most people's memories.

What could be better than stepping away from the big stage while essentially semi retired and being compared to Mbappe,Kane,Olise,Yamal.

If he were to play in the 2030 WC he would likely be washed and people would start saying the same things they say about Ronaldo, that he's holding the team back etc.
I agree. There's significant decline in acceleration and speed. He's one of the best even at this age but with each passing year there would be a drop in his stats. After 4 years, he might be holding back his team who knows

Furthermore, playing for Argentina and Miami now would add more pressure and toll on his body especially when he actively involves himself in the build up of play.

He retired at right time - peak performance at the WC, nominated for the B'dor and being considered one of the current best even now
 

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
@Reborn I'd prepared these memes since I was legit confident we'd win, but of course, United gonna United, now just pretend you're Zoro lol



This was gonna be your avy btw
Lmao

I slept off after the first half. It was so boring and such bad play from both teams
Told you - I believe in United :suresure:

But as it's a draw so I won the bet. Time to give you your avy :pepedoffy:
 

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
It's also possible that Man u is so bad they make spurs look good
It's kind of both it seems. First 30-40 mins, Spurs were having 70% possession and had 3 shots while ManU had none.

Spurs are clearly feeling vacuum of not having Kane and Son. They are struggling to convert chances into goals.

ManU - well this is just repeat of what we saw in last 10 years..

Interior manager - ManU plays decent
Fans and ManU Pundits hypes him
Interim Manager gets full contract
ManU plays bad
Manager gets sacked
New Interim Manager
Cycle repeats
 

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
β€Ž
If Messi continues to score at such rate and with such quality then he's likely to surpass Ronaldo's most goals tally in upcoming years as well. @gz89

Add 3 goals and 2 assists to Messi's tally.
 
Top