Powers & Abilities Oda dropping the ball with Haki...again

How many more arguments of "did he use" or "didn't he use" Haki are we going to get in again? And I mean for both Luffy and Zoro. This is Marineford all over.

The Kong Gun is a Gear 4 attack but Red Roc still seemed more effective. This literally seemed to just "pushback" Kaido like Kong Organ. There was no mouth bleeding.

So what do we do now? Do we just always assume he's using it? Was he using it here? This literally just seems like a regular attack.

I mean Sanji seemed like he did more damage. I highly doubt a base Sanji attack could surpass Gear 3 + advanced CoA

And for Zoro and Killer. Oda has shown that he doesn't coat his blades a lot of the times. But with Zoro usually he does. The question begs, why the fuck wouldn't Zoro use Haki on a Yonko? That is stupid.

I've said this before... Oda doesn't always visually coat swords with Haki. Never did it for Scabbards. I think it may be a time sink in terms of art to do that. But how can we know then....

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
How many more arguments of "did he use" or "didn't he use" Haki are we going to get in again? And I mean for both Luffy and Zoro. This is Marineford all over.

The Kong Gun is a Gear 4 attack but Red Roc still seemed more effective. This literally seemed to just "pushback" Kaido like Kong Organ. There was no mouth bleeding.

So what do we do now? Do we just always assume he's using it? Was he using it here? This literally just seems like a regular attack.

I mean Sanji seemed like he did more damage. I highly doubt a base Sanji attack could surpass Gear 3 + advanced CoA

And for Zoro and Killer. Oda has shown that he doesn't coat his blades a lot of the times. But with Zoro usually he does. The question begs, why the fuck wouldn't Zoro use Haki on a Yonko? That is stupid.

I've said this before... Oda doesn't always visually coat swords with Haki. Never did it for Scabbards. I think it may be a time sink in terms of art to do that. But how can we know then....
The scabbards didnt coat their blades until togen totska. Though it is a bit odd zoro didnt.
As for luffy maybe hes not got the hang of ryou in g4 yet.

G4 is a form based on hardening haki + g3/g2. So Luffy is using haki all the time during G4.
Zoro usually uses hardening on his blades but not here against kaido and prometheus. He probably just used the normal haki but it's not enough to cut kaido deeply.

next chapters zoro and luffy will probably use their hardening + more of adv coa and we will see the difference.

Last edited:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
G4 is a form based on haki + g3/g2. So Luffy is using haki all the time during G4. There is the next step which is hardening.
Zoro usually uses hardening on his blades but not here against kaido and prometheus. He probably just used the normal haki but it's not enough to cut kaido deeply.

next chapters zoro and luffy will probably use their hardening and we will see the difference.
But what @sanjikun is saying is if next chapter we suddenly see zoro with hakid swords and ryou g4 and it does something why are they being dumb and attacking yonko with out it.
Post automatically merged:

I kinda am lol. I think the fact Kaido was ready for these hits let’s him take them better. No one looks good from a sucker punch after all.
It wasnt a sucker punch. He saw red roc coming and let it hit him.

But what @sanjikun is saying is if next chapter we suddenly see zoro with hakid swords and ryou g4 and it does something why are they being dumb and attacking yonko with out it.
Well probably the same reason why kaido went to his weakest form (dragon) and why he asked bm to let them show their powers. 0 logic.
Oda wants just to drag it and moves the other plots before the main fight. if Zoro and Luffy already show everything, there is no suspense. It's like zoro pushing the birdcage and not trying to cut it lol^^

Zoro and the scabbards used barrier haki, they didn't use hardening.

Kaido was absolutely fucking BEWILDERED when the scabbards were cutting him, and this despite the fact the he respected their strenght. That was not the reaction of someone who is used to getting injurered.

All the scabbards had barrier haki active, so did Zoro since he drew some blood. Killer didn't and just left some marks on Kaido's neck without drawing blood.

Hunter x Hunter's Nen System >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Haki system.:steef::steef:
i think it will works better in a novel setting. actually feels really similar to mistborn's magic sistem

too much exposition in anime/manga form.

still above the rest every modern shounen (whose power level usually implies no rules/limitation/origin/etc)
even the G.O.A.T chainsawman suffers from this.