Worstgen

Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
When do people reach their peak in One Piece? At what age? Surely not at 30, as we have seen with Big Mom
Cinera
Cinera
Luffy, Zoro and Sanji would reach their peaks long before 30. There is no consistent age to reach your peak, and it's dependent on the story.
Cinera
Cinera
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
Thats another way to view things, but if you think people reach their peak before 30, why did Big Mom grow way stronger than during her Rocks days?
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
Shanks cant reach his potential only because Luffy exists, I dont think he became significantly weaker because of being one-armed

"Oda had no intention that Shanks lost his arm, but after an editor told him that the story was not interesting enough, Oda decided to cut his arm off." ONE PIECE Grand Countdown 2 (2010)
Cinera
Cinera
I don't think people reach their peaks at a consistent time:

> There is no consistent age to reach your peak, and it's dependent on the story.

Story role and arc determines when a character will reach their peak.
Cinera
Cinera
> "Oda had no intention that Shanks lost his arm, but after an editor told him that the story was not interesting enough, Oda decided to cut his arm off." ONE PIECE Grand Countdown 2 (2010)

This doesn't demonstrate that Shanks didn't become weaker. Oda changed the character conception of Shanks, and I see no reason why that change wasn't plot relevant. His words to WB suggest they were.
Cinera
Cinera
The Supernova werr created on editor input, but they've still been massively plot relevant. The same can be said about Shanks arm. Editors dictating he lost an arm doesn't show what you were suggesting it does.