Worstgen

Reborn
Reborn
This has no bearance on mihawk strength. Yonkous is just not about captain strength but also about crew,alliances and territory. Also, it's highly likely that shanks becoming yonkou so late could be due to him losing an arm and consequent drop in his strength.

BTW, welcome to wg
TheAncientCenturion
TheAncientCenturion
Yo @Reborn you’re alive!

I don’t think this changes Mihawk’s Placement in regards to the Shanks vs Mihawk debate but the fact Roger/Rox were swordsman hurts him more
Cinera
Cinera
@Camie I decided to catch up since I was already discussing it. Thought "might as well".
Cinera
Cinera
@Reborn thanks for the welcome. I still think Mihawk's a top tier, but this weakens one of the arguments that was made in favour of it. At this point, Mihawk having a <1.5B bounty, or the Marines not sending an Admiral to catch him would hurt his portrayal and seriously call into question his top tier status.
Cinera
Cinera
@TheAncientCenturion I don't think it's well established that Rogers and/or Rox were swordsman. I don't think everyone who uses a sword is a swordsman (I've never called Borsalino as such for example).
S
Shura
Mihawk is still top tier...WSS title backs this claim...the question is where he stands exactly....in my opinion he is top 10 at worst to top 7 at best in the verse.....
Guan Yu
Guan Yu
@TheAncientCenturion the revelation of Rocks and Roger being a swordsman doesn't hurts Mihawk at all. They were swordsman of the past, while Mihawk is WSS of present.
S
Shura
@Guan Yu ...the point is..there is no indication of them being WSS in their era....
Guan Yu
Guan Yu
If anything, it could hype up Mihawk even more if we're using the shonen trope of the new generation surpassing the previous one. But that's a topic for another day.
Rukusho
Rukusho
As much as it pains me to say ... it's true :(
Sade
Sade
Marines sent fodders during the WB and Shanks meeting.
Also Akainu said that They are busy right now to deal with the Big Mom- Kaido alliance, mostly due to the abolition of Warlords and other stuff, so I think that Admirals were sent to hunt Shichi.
G
Geo
Doesn't necessarily weaken the argument because the main reason Mihawk is considered top tier is his title.
ZenZu
ZenZu
Not top tier status. You don't have a title like that and not be a top tier, what it should weaken is blind faith in titles in a 1v1 debate. There are tons of factors that go into a title, they have always been more about the greatness of an individual or their world renown feats. Nothing is set in stone, feats and portrayal aside from the title still matter. Whitebeard proved they are never absolute.
Bogard
Bogard
ZenZu
ZenZu
Good post, you know me I've always been against titles being used as absolutes. There is never room for a real debate in a vs when a title is involved cause it just devolves into a title = bible / thread or a translation thing. Hopefully people can start looking past that.
Cinera
Cinera
I'm personally willing to relax the WSS argument for Mihawk, at least in debates. I'm interested in what his bounty ends up being. @ZenZu @Bogard what range do you expect for Mihawk's bounty?
I
Inspector_Mu
People use titles too much and forgets about feats while feats is the most important factor to base someone Powerlevel when he is shown fighting... for me Mihawk needs more than just wss to even be above YC1s.
King7
King7
I think eventually Vegapunk's Weapon or an Admiral will be sent for Mihawk , still a long way to go until the reveal though
Cinera
Cinera
@King7 I wouldn't be surprised if an admiral is on one of the battleships they sent. If they didn't send an admiral, then they're wasting their time.
King7
King7
Yes of course .... i think if not Vegapunk's Weapon , Kizaru or Ryokugyu will be sent after him