Worstgen

Dark Hound
Dark Hound
Renpa is one the most legendary IRL generals of tje warring states period. I felt it was just to hype the characters... might be wrong... and Gaimou never fought equally against Renpa and Ouki. Gyou’un is a monster indeed but I don’t see him as superior, same tier at best.
The apex of the manga are Moubu, Houken, Ouki, Renpa...
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
I can’t see Zhao having two Ouki level characters surrounding ppl like Akou, heck saying Akou is Ouki level is pushing it. Both Bananji and Akou would get mid high diffed by Houken imo. Not sure about Gyou’un

Where do you guys put Shin right now ?
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
To be fair, if we take into account real life then Ouki is a complete nobody but he obviously is not in Kingdom.

Gaimou was never given the chance to. That does not mean he is automatically inferior as a dualist by a large margin. Shin still directly compared him to Renpa.
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
I would agree that those characters are arguably the apex of the manga but that does not mean that they are on a different level entirely. There is a limit to human strength in Kingdom.
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
I have current Shin as a Top Tier Dualist.
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
Yeah I’d conclude that all top tiers are extremely near to each other and every fight is extreme diff
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
@Dark Hound dont trash talk Gyou’Un until you catch up lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Gyou’Un =< Houken
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
As warriors, I think Houken >= Gyou’Un = Ouki >= Renpa >= Kaishibou/Bananji
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Being a GG doesn’t mean you would beat every non GG in a fight, it just means that your overall abilities in war are higher. Gyou’Un would neg diff Rinshoujou in a fight for example.
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
I did lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Then you should know that Gyou’Un is virtually equal to the strongest character in the manga lol
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
I don’t why but to he felt disposable and not such a giant an obstacle. But yeah he’s one of the strongest.
PS : I didn’t enjoy last arc that much, too much focus on the right wing, Shin resurrection...
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
Basically, Hara made Kyoukai too powerful and he needed to curb her power without outright crippling or killing her.
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
I may understand that there is symbolism but he could have done it a million different way rather than off the wall stuff like reviving a dead person. I know Kingdom has unrealistic stuff but reviving the dead doesn’t fit to me.
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
That one was less about symbolism and more about curbing Kyoukai’s overpowered ability without permanently crippling or outright killing her (along with Hara’s KyouShin pairing agenda ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ).

Kyoukai’s abilities are steeped in the supernatural so to get rid of them will require a supernatural intervention.

To be honest, Kyoukai is probably the objectively weakest written long term character in this manga.
Dark Hound
Dark Hound
I always thought she was a Mary Sue but for some reasons she’s super popular
Owl Ki
Owl Ki
Kyoukai certainly wanders dangerously close to being a Mary Sue, though Ren did (if only initially) kick her arse once. She also comparatively achieves very few battlefield achievements (she still has not killed a single General yet iirc) so I do not think she is one. Lol.

Edit: I forgot about Ryuu Tou. Still not that great a feat though.