Worstgen

Tobra
Tobra
i was hugely disappointed with yamato it was the cliche i’m the daughter/son of the bad guy but i’m a good guy

also don’t get me started on the oden consplaying ugh...

she’s the opposite of unique
M
MD Zolo
Yamato does have potential. But currently she is acting like a Luffy fangirl and we have seen plenty of that over the years.

Ulti on the other hand, if she can continue to carry her weight and not become Baby 5, she will probably end up being one of the most popular female in OP.

Oda's wife and daughter should really give him some tips on writing proper females.

Oh well!! At least there is no "Meliodas Sama".
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Yamato right now is just another bland Nami clone.

Nami is based off Oda's wife actually
M
MD Zolo
Oda's wife is based on Nami, if that makes any sense. Oda got married long after Nami was introduced.

Oda really wanted to marry Nami I guess.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
You realize everything you listed doesn’t matter because she doesn’t have a book filled with information on how to reach the one place Luffy needs to go to be recognized as the Pirate King, right? The sooner y’all accept the inevitable, the sooner the sting of being wrong will wear off. Regardless of who the fandom “picks,” Ulti will have no part to play after Wano.
M
MD Zolo
Huh?!! So we are going to judge a character based on what book she possesses? Then I vote Yamato dies and Ulti finds her diary.

Then Ulti will be significant, right?!!
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Jew D Boy, I don't recall ever talking about Ulti's importance to the story.....

MF Zolo, I meant Nami's designs. Ever since his wife cosplayed Nami he was done lol. Notice how Nami and other characters suddenly got longer hair for the TS? It's because his wife got longer hair during that time
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
@MD Zolo You know full well that I have plenty of reasons to pick Yamato over Ulti, even if everyone on this status chooses differently. The book is shorthand for disproving your argument because I don’t wanna rehash everything else here.
M
MD Zolo
It's a shame really. I really liked Short-haired Nami.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
Van, Ulti is a great character, but I’m tired of the Yamato downplay, and I don’t wanna spend the remainder of One Piece’s publication listening to all her detractors rage against the inevitable.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
@Jew D. Boy I'm honestly lost. Was there anything said about plot relevance? I was simply talking about why Ulti is so popular.....
M
MD Zolo
@Jew D. Boy, actually I don't know what reasons you have for picking Ulti over Yamato, but I hope those reasons are better than the one you provided here.

There is no wrong answer on which character one likes, but still subjectively and objetively Ulti looks better than Yamato right now. If that changes in the future, all of us are winners.
Jew D. Boy
Jew D. Boy
No, you said nothing about plot relevance. I leapt before I looked, so my bad.

@MD Zolo Subjectively, a case can be made. Ain’t a damn person on this site who can honestly say they look at OP objectively. I have stated my case on Yamato multiple times in the crewmate thread, where I believe we’ve interacted about this same subject.