Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
@RayanOO: I agree. I don't think Big Mom gets beaten here. The 5 Supernova are mostly focused on beating Kaido, and they clearly don't have the ability to take on yet another Yonkou.
rerere
rerere
I don't exclude the possibility of Kidd and Killer focusing on BM somehow (they have some connection with her at the end of the day), but feels strange to me and not coherent with the build up they had. I'm also not sure that BM will be defeated here, even if would be better.
Cinera
Cinera
Furthermore Big Mom's ties to Elbaf are a loose knot that still needs to be tied up. Perhaps Big Mom becomes the first Yonkou that Luffy defeats solo in Elbaf.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
BM still needs to be occupied though. Luffy´s role vs Kaido has been established, he is the one Kinemon and so forth bet on basically, he is the one who promised Momo to take care of him, he is the one who promised Yamato to do the same, all these hold too much weight for Luffy to fight BM, who simply does not have the standing Kaidou has in this arc.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
So Luffy is out, i think Zoro with the Oden thing has to be involved vs Kaido as well, so that does not leave too many choices besides Kid, Killer, Law.
ReggieZoldyck21
ReggieZoldyck21
Kidd and Big Mom have connection and conflict though. He has sunk her ships, injured one of her commanders, and stole something from her. Oda did not put Kidd in conflict with BM for no reason. I’m sure at some point during the fight this will be highlighted. I’m guessing that whatever Kidd stole is something very important and when BM finds out she will turn her attention to Kidd.
Buusatan94
Buusatan94
And that's only if Oda doesn't make her go through another change of mind or amnesia turning her into her good self again, I have suspicions that O-Lin was just a prelude and foreshadowing to a more definitive personnality change.
RayanOO
RayanOO
Yeah Mother Carmel juju was not explained truely yet. There is more to it. Linlin will end up with her child personality
HA001
HA001
Bit early to say this. Whilst she did attack luffy (for good reason after wci) that was just the start of the chapter. The reason for her absence for the rest was due to kaido telling her to do so. Now shes powered up next to him. If the trend continues over the next part of the fight and she STILL takes a back seat then fair enough.
H
Haoshoku
Yeah it was like I said before, Big Mom’s been more focused on Luffy whilst Kid’s focus has been on only Kaido instead the entire arc. Couple that with the fact that Kaido just told her to stand down and with a potential betrayal looming around, that makes it even harder to suggest she’s gonna be involved enough for a full on battle.
H
Haoshoku
Though Reggie is right, if what Kid stole was a road poneglyph then I guess Big Mom has reason to stick pursue both Kid and Luffy. She even suspects that “they” have poneglyphs which potentially includes Kid as well so it ain’t just a matter of if even, he’s got a road poneglyph. But yeah Kaido is going to be the one who gets the most attention in the early going.
Cinera
Cinera
@ShinmenTakezo: Kaido told her to stay back. She may let him have his fun.

Alternatively, of her two attacks so far, one has been neutralised and the other was used as a gag.
Cinera
Cinera
Big Mom may not take an active role in the fight, especially if this is not the final battle. If the Supernova lose on the rooftop, it doesn't matter if Mama does nothing of consequence.
Cinera
Cinera
I think Kaido will remain the main combatant and Mama may occasionally intervene. However, if Kaido proves himself sufficient to take on the Supernova, Mama may be content to take a back seat.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
BM was ready to fight a fellow Yonkou just to take Luffy´s life herself, and she once again repeated that that´s what she cares the most.

She is not staying back unless she is forced to do so.
Cinera
Cinera
@ReggieZoldyck21:
* Luffy's beef with Big Mom is a lot more fleshed out.
* Big Mom has ignored Kidd's existence at every opportunity and has been laser focused on Luffy.
Cinera
Cinera
The scenario you described is not impossible, but it's far from likely.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
I look at it up from this way, what has to happen in this arc for certain, at least in my opinion:

- Luffy needs to beat Kaidou
- Zoro needs to show being Oden´s successor

Everything else, from the context, Oda´s track record and so forth, is really not certain.
In regards to his track record, we have him put Luffy as main opponent vs Doflamingo despite Law having much more reason to beat Doflamingo.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
Really personal reasons, in the end he was turned into cheerleader, or at best support.

Considering that, i see no reason why Kid should be different in that regard. Yes, he has much more beef with Kaidou (just like Law had with Doflamingo), does not change the fact that everything lead and now leads up to Luffy doing the deed. For me that´s undeniable.

Also certain, BM ain´t standing still to watch the fight.
ShinmenTakezo
ShinmenTakezo
She needs to be occupied, possibly even beaten to a certain extent.
Now Law does not have any beef with Kaidou really.
So in the end, it comes down to whether you think Kid and Killer´s desire trumps the necessity of Luffy and Zoro doing the deed, i don´t.

Maybe Kid and Killer beat BM to such a state that O-Lin becomes permanent.