Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
Oda could have had Luffy be supportive of their decision to be a man instead of reacting with disbelief.
Cinera
Cinera
Oda could have avoided the cheap pervert gags of Momonosuke feeling Yamato up when they hid him in their clothing.
Cinera
Cinera
Oda could have given us indication — any at all — that Yamato was actually uncomfortable with being addressed as a woman.
Cinera
Cinera
Oda could have made it clear that Yamato actually wants to be a man. Because there is currently no indication from either their actions or behaviour that they want to be a man.
Cinera
Cinera
As best as I can tell, Yamato aspires to be Oden. They want to live up to the ideal that Oden embodied. They address theirself as "Kaido's son" because Oden was a man, so they chose to be a man as well.
Cinera
Cinera
They otherwise do not seem uncomfortable with being a woman or _wants_ to be a man.
Cinera
Cinera
They don't dress like a man.
They don't seem uncomfortable with their feminity.
They've never reacted adversely to being presumably misgendered when they have been addressed as a woman.
Cinera
Cinera
The most charitable interpretation I can give for those that insist Yamato is a man, is that they may be confused about their gender.
Cinera
Cinera
But I honestly don't think that's the case. I believe Yamato is comfortable with the gender that they were (presumably) assigned at birth and simply aspires to be Oden.
Cinera
Cinera
I expect that after Wano (assuming Yamato joins the Strawhats), they will be addressed as a a woman and be fine with it.
Cinera
Cinera
If I'm wrong and they are addressed as a man, I will change my mind on it.
Cinera
Cinera
For now though, I will continue to address them with female pronouns.
Dark Admiral
Dark Admiral
Yamato never called herself a man, she just idolizes Oden and calls herself that. Do people really need a lesson on that..??
Cinera
Cinera
h_zorothegoat
h_zorothegoat
h_zorothegoat
h_zorothegoat
I swear people on twitter are shitty asf. Everyone in the comment section refers Yamato as "He" and all
Cinera
Cinera
Cinera
Cinera
G
Gorosei Informer
I am extremely tired of this subject and that's even without browsing Twitter and it's infinite toxicity/clout. Thanks for the tag but I'm not getting involved. I will say a couple of things briefly just to chime in but that's it, I don't want further involvement on this topic anywhere.

Kaido apparently referred to Yamato as his son early this arc but I'm not sure if that's an accurate translation or not.
G
Gorosei Informer
I've said before to someone, if Oden were female with Yamato still being biologically female or if Yamato was biologically male, then the gender wouldn't even be an issue as they would both be the same gender. Yamato wants to be Oden in spirit, in character. She doesn't want to become literally Oden I believe, she has kept herself very feminine in appearance and has not described herself as a man as far as I can