Worstgen

nik87
nik87
With Elbaf only and possibly Lodestar in between Wano and Raftel, in which of the two arcs do you see Mihawk fit in?
Also, I dont think a loner character like him is joining anyone, that's the whole point of his personality...
Xione
Xione
A loner character joining somebody for a purpose is an entirely different thing. We can find many examples like Mihawk's character in other series, where a guy goes around himself training and then joins up with a squad for a certain purpose. Then going back to his ways again if he comes out alive.
Cinera
Cinera
How do you see Mihawk getting defeated Pre Laughtale?
Xione
Xione
For example, when we look at Ah Gou's uncle from Feng Shenji, who's essentially the same type of character as Mihawk. Heck even is the "Strongest swordsman in the world". He joined up with his nephew when it was time to take on a certain challenge. Then went about his own way after. Not to mention the dude flatout parties with the Red Haired Pirates occasionally. There's also taking in Zoro and Perona, loner no more.
Xione
Xione
As to the arcs between Laughtale. We'll get Elbaf, maybe Lodestar, an arc dedicated to battle with Blackbeard. In addition to that Oda with Wano made it clear he's willing to run major arc storylines side by side. With the reverie storyline continuing alongside Wano. So it's not as if Mihawk has to appear in Lodestar or Elbaf itself. And I reckon we'll probably get 3 arcs more before reaching Laughtale.
Xione
Xione
Now answering both you bruhz @Cinera @nik87 as to how Mihawk would fit in pre-Laughtale. We can go with the traditional theory of he gets taken down by somebody like Shiryuu in a cheating way or something (or even in a fair fight if Oda wants to develop Shiryuu into a top tier on par with BB). There's also simply Mihawk vs Zoro itself happening out of the blue, like it happened first time.
nik87
nik87
I cant see either of the scenarios happening, neither him joining someone nor him getting defeated before Raftel...
I dont know why Mihawk should suddenly care for Dragon's cause, he didnt find it interesting before...
He will sooner get captured by the Navy than either of those scenarios happening, imo.
Xione
Xione
But bro how do you know he didn't find it interesting before? There's no information on his stance for the RA.
Are you forgetting that even Ivankov was keeping in spot in Impel Down and just partying way until Dragon was ready to make his move? Dragon still hasn't made his move yet.
Xione
Xione
It's also not like Dragon can't go to him and try to convince him. Oda's already planted the seeds for a possible connection with the RA when Kuma sent Zoro to Mihawk, despite knowing Zoro was aiming at Mihawk. Kuma wouldn't have done that unless he knew Mihawk personally to be sure he wouldn't send Zoro's head flying.
Xione
Xione
Add on to that Kuma commenting on Luffy having "Exceptional Friends" just like Dragon, after seeing Zoro's sacrifice for Luffy. We know Zoro has that Mihawk parallel. Are Karasu & Morley the "Exceptional friends" like Zoro & Sanji that Kuma commented about? So I mean there's potential foreshadowing/seeds for Oda to go down that route if he chooses.
nik87
nik87
Because he is too bored to care about something like that. He chases fodder to EB to kill his boredom...
All he cares for is someone giving him a good fight. He doesnt care for Dragon's ideals...
He is not undercover like Kuma was, two Warlords undercover would be repetitive...
Mihawk is more likely in blood relation with Imu than being Dragon's ally.
Besides, we wont see him fight fully anywhere except vs Zoro.
nik87
nik87
Kuma sending Strawhats to their ideal destination cannot be anything else than plot convenience.
Besides, the Revolutionaries arent going anywhere without Strawhats so Zoro and Mihawk fighting side by side against WG is not something I can see happening.
I cant see any seeds...
Act 3 should be ending in a couple of chapters, we might see what happens to the outside world.