Worstgen

Sentinel
Sentinel
Luffy was gravely exhausted and weakened after G4th, was it accumulated damage?
Doflamingo's awakening hit Bound Man, yet there was no special highlight of said moment. We just basically saw how Doflamingo's awakening hit Bound Man for the first time, yet no indication whether Bound Man took serious damage for real? No facial expression, an indication of pain? Regardless of what people think about this - whether DD-
Sentinel
Sentinel
caused damage here or not - this scene was poorly executed.

It is a shame that this fight didn't get the justice it deserved. Look at Katakuri's awakening. The first effective hit took a double panel of which it dealt damage to Bound Man. His facial expression AND the aftermath.

That's why Doflamingo vs Luffy wasn't truly a great fight due to the wasted amount of potential.
comrade
comrade
Indeed. Instead Oda focused on the fodder stalling the bird cage and other stories. A chapter or two dedicated to boundman vs. awakening would've been great. Luffy being extremely exhausted, unable to stand up, at least implies he took quite some damage. As against Katakuri, even after taking at least 2 power mochi, he could immediately run away post boundman, goof around and escape.
comrade
comrade
And I don't think Luffy just "adapted to boundman more" in WCI, since he trained his G4 for months on that island against huge beasts, even having the need to develop the KKG.
Sentinel
Sentinel
I mean, even if the "Luffy had to adapt to DD's awakening" isn't farfetched, it is really hard to argue for both sides since Oda randomly decided to SKIP 20 mins. The anime didn't do DD's awakening justice either as they basically showed how awakened strings bounced Bound Man here and there with no visible damage, yet they decided to let God Threads clash with KKG while showing how the strings penetrated KKG's skin.
Sentinel
Sentinel
That's just really ridiculous. I still cannot understand why Oda likes it so much to draw fodders stalling and running around instead of showing such important key moments.
Luffy is the mc
Luffy is the mc
Doffy was unable to damage G4 Luffy, with or without awakening. But G4 is sometimes not very consistent, we've seen Luffy being able to move easily sometimes and sometimes being a dead weight. Sometimes you can't hurt him in G4, sometimes it's possible.
Tyki_Mikk
Tyki_Mikk
My problem overall with Doffy is alsoo about his awakening, it kinda was underwhelmed for me and I dislike it. I mean artur with his parody of Katakuri vs Doffy was even better in terms of hyping Doffy. Like Doffy would pulling up such a insane awakening skill with Artur show: https://onepiecethenewworld.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/page-9.png?w=723 If Doffy would pull out some crazy shit like this....
Sentinel
Sentinel
I mean, whether DD damaged Bound Man or not isn't the topic here, it is the "why" because of the 20 mins skip. It makes no sense, especially after Doffy hyped awakening as sth special. I mean, he didn't even try to attack Bound Man with hardening awakened strings.

Imagine Doflamingo had a special awakening mode in which he literally creates a black widow as a main body - similar to Tesoro's gold golem and
Tyki_Mikk
Tyki_Mikk
I would place him around Katakuri lvl,above Cracker. Liike a big huge monster spider in awakening, full body strong haki vs Boundman, wouldn´t everyone want such a battle? Doffy awakening in case would be special like the other ones, Tesoro had his Golem, Bullet too, Katakuri his flying donuts... I want something special for Doffy too. Overall his awakening was kinda underwhelmed for me, I wish he could get a better
Sentinel
Sentinel
Bullet's golem - in which he would even match Bound Man in power? That would be so sick.
Tyki_Mikk
Tyki_Mikk
portrayal against Boundman with his awakening. Oda did Doffy dirty with the 20mins offscreen in the moment when he reveal his awakening. That was really not great.
Sentinel
Sentinel
@playa4321

Even God Threads turned out to be a copy of Pillaw White/Off White, just with hardening. Where's the originality in Doffy's awakening? That's just wasted potential.