Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
Mihawk is indubitably inferior to Kaido. Kaido was in turn inferior to Old (healthy) WB who is in turn substantially weaker than his prime self (vastly greater COO, COA, COC, DF mastery). Primebeard mid/high diffs Oldbeard. Mihawk's inferiority to Oldbeard was directly implied at Marineford, and is confirmed by Oldbeard's superiority to Kaido.
Cinera
Cinera
So we have Primebeard >> Oldbeard > Kaido > Mihawk > Sickbeard.

Given that, Mihawk probably gets beaten by Primebeard at mid difficulty. If you give him sufficient benefit of the doubt, he might push Oldbeard to the lower ends of high difficulty.

Roger was Primebeard's equal, so he beats Mihawk at around a similar level of difficulty.
Cinera
Cinera
It is much more likely that Roger is somehow *NOT* a swordsman, than that he is a swordsman and simultaneously inferior to Mihawk. If the apparent incongruity between Roger's apparently inferior swordsmanship and superior overall combat ability must be resolved, then it wouldn't get resolved by Roger ending up weaker than Mihawk. Instead, Roger would just not be a swordsman.
Cinera
Cinera
Perhaps EOS Zoro might be different, but for Mihawk vs Roger, Roger wins handily.

Honestly speaking, us Zoro fans should be satisfied people are finally accepting Mihawk as a solid top tier — no need to ruin it by pushing a narrative of Mihawk's superlativeness.
Zenos7
Zenos7
roger can be a swordsman and be superior if mihawk didnt hold the title when roger was around.
Cinera
Cinera
That's true. There's also Roger's lack of a black blade (which isn't a good loik for a top tier swordsman).
Zenos7
Zenos7
meh, doesnt really matter considering roger was still the PK even without a black blade.
Cinera
Cinera
Yeah, it would call in doubt how he could be so much stronger than a swordsman who could forge a black blade, but the Kata - Kaido comparison still stands.
Zenos7
Zenos7
exactly. And i think alot of the emphasis from the fandom on the black blade is a desperate attempt to hype/wank mihawk anyway.
Cinera
Cinera
Maybe, though I don't think black blades are worthless. As weapons, they are superior tools, and forging one is a rare feat stated to require haki prowess.
Zenos7
Zenos7
sure, having a black blade is definitely a positive trait.
S
Shura
There are only handful of people who don't consider Mihawk as a top tier.....almost all the OP fandom considers him as a top tier...and Zoro is established to surpass the Mihawk which confirms Zoro will be a top tier....I don't like Mihawk much but I never said he was not a top tier.....people who think otherwise are not reading OP....
S
Shura
Yeah Blackblades and CoC are the biggest mysteries in one piece other than one piece itself....
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
Yeah Old healthy Whitebeard was WSM and he was weaker than Roger and at least slightly stronger than the Grandgrandmaster
Sentinel
Sentinel
The majority already considers Mihawk as a legit top tier, even as a high top tier in WG but as usual, fanboys want MORE than that. Imo Mihawk's current portrayal is good enough by placing him above Shanks but below Kaido or equal to Kaido.

EoS Zoro's pl is definitely up to the air whether he surpasses Roger or not but a few people are acting like it's already been settled that he surpasses Roger.
Sentinel
Sentinel
Hence I don't have a problem whether they assume EOS Zoro could be = Roger or even > Roger, it is the way HOW they view their speculation as facts. That's the part which bothers me.
Cinera
Cinera
I wouldn't speculate on EOS Zoro power level beyond he can *at least* high diff Mihawk (by virtue of *surpassing* him, an extreme diff win for EOS Zoro vs Mihawk wouldn't be surpassing).

If OP undergoes Naruto style power inflation, the Gorosei/Imu are fighters, etc, then EOS Zoro may advance yet beyond his post Mihawk self.
Zenos7
Zenos7
@Sentinel this mostly stems from the VIZ Translation having zoro say to kuina "best swordsman ever" instead of just "best swordsman".

iirc @Den_Den_Mushi has clarified before that the raw text doesnt say "ever", which is why i think its very safe to assume that EOS zoro wont surpass roger.
Cinera
Cinera
Meh, that's far from making it very safe.

If Post Mihawk Zoro has further battles (Gorosei, vs Imu, etc), then all of that goes out of the window. Naruto style power inflation isn't ruled out either.

Honestly speculating an upper bound for OP at this point is very dangerous.