Worstgen

TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
If we define the weakest top tiers as Issho/Greenbull, and the strongest as Roger/Primebeard/Xebec, there's definitely room for Mihawk to be somewhere in-between them imo.

I think above top tier is guys like Prime Teach and Imu
Tobra
Tobra
who is she
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
Whats wrong with he is a top tier and beaten by someone who is also a top tier?
Cinera
Cinera
@Nidai_Kitetsu:

1. Do you consider current Zoro to already be a Top Tier?
2. Who do you think defeats Mihawk?
Cinera
Cinera
I think that if Mihawk loses to someone else, it would be Shiryu.

I am sceptical that Shiryu will be a Conqueror let alone capable of Haoshoku coating.

Thus, I think it may be hard to call Shiryu a Top Tier.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
1. Yes, but he is on the lower end, one of the weakest top tier
2. If Mihawk is not Zoro's final opponent, it has to be Shiryu
Cinera
Cinera
Wano is strongly making me consider that only those who have mastered Haoshoku coating are "Top Tier".

The only people who I'd grant the benefit of the doubt to on this would be the Admirals.
Cinera
Cinera
@TheKnightOfTheSea: my reasons for thinking so are:

1. World's Strongest Swordsman Zoro will be in a higher class than the likes of Oden.
2. Kaido placed Oden in the same class as Roger, Primebeard and Xebec.
3. Zoro wants to be the strongest swordsman of all time (so stronger than Roger).
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
I am confident Mihawk has AdCoC. If Shiryu can still beat him without AdCoC, he will definitely have something to counter or nullify AdCoC.
Cinera
Cinera
So if Mihawk is the one that Zoro will defeat to become the World's Strongest Swordsman, I would expect him to be in a higher class than Oden (and thus in a higher class than Roger).

Mihawk's Vivre Card already suggests this by saying that he's waiting for a swordsman that surpasses Shanks:
https://i.imgur.com/kij4G0M.png
Cinera
Cinera
@Nidai_Kitetsu: I don't think Shiryu has the stature to be Zoro's final opponent whether he defeats Mihawk or not.

Shiryu doesn't even have the stature to be above Oden (placed in the same class as the strongest of the previous era).

If Shiryu defeats Mihawk, it will just honestly downgrade Mihawk instead of elevating Shiryu.
Cinera
Cinera
If Mihawk is not Zoro's final opponent then I think it will be one of the following:

1. The Bald Gorosei (perhaps returned to his Prime via Bonney's fruit).
2. One of Im's Royal Guards.
Cinera
Cinera
EOS Zoro is going to become the strongest swordsman that ever lived, so his opponent needs to be a World's Strongest Swordsman.

He is going to surpass the likes of Ryuma ("God of the Blade"), and someone who's in a higher class than Oden.

Perhaps the Bald Gorosei will reveal himself to have been the World's Strongest Swordsman of a previous era.
Nidai_Kitetsu
Nidai_Kitetsu
"Shiryu doesn't even have the stature"
‐------
Just like Blackbeard doesn't have the stature to be the king of the world. Dont worry, those boys are coming
Cinera
Cinera
Zoro's final opponent needs to:

* Be the World's Strongest Swordsman
* Have Haoshoku coating
* Have a Supreme Grade sword
* Have a Black Blade
Cinera
Cinera
@Nidai_Kitetsu: Blackbeard has several things in his favour:

* He's a D.
* He's an Emperor
* He has the ultimate Devil Fruits
* Imu recognised him as a threat (when none of the current Emperors were considered as such)
Cinera
Cinera
Even with all of that said, I still expect Imu to be the final villain.

The Kaguya to Teach's Madara.
Cinera
Cinera
The World Government are just too big to be sidelined by Teach. The battle to overthrow the World Government will be something even bigger than the struggle for Pirate King.