Worstgen

HA001
HA001
Shanks being top dog never made sense.
The whole point of his sacrifice for luffy is that it is a sacrifice
If it meant nothing then that defeats the whole purpose of it
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Comard - much higher level of coating is a given. not even need to debate it with anyone. what I'm talking about is "another level" something yet to be unlocked or seen (yet foreshadowed I'm sure)
HA001 - Shanks is not a POWER BASED character true. as i said he can be buggy level and it would be OK. but if you can't see Oda hyped him better than any character than I'm lost for words.
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Oda is the biggest Shanks fan boy that there is ... Shanks IS based on himself after all
not being stronger than Roger while he could is enough ... closest to the throne level is achievable for him
can't say the same thing about Mihawk tho. Oda NEVER gave him that kind of respect on screen. just look at marine ford without being a fan boy
comrade
comrade
Well, if Shanks displays something like space-time manipulation or forging weapons made of Haoshoku out of thin air, you got me. But I don't believe that. Haoshoku Level 2 is just your will kingly ambition materialized to coat yourself with. Powerful enough, as Zoro instantly obliterated King and he is yet to reach the peak. Since Haoshoku's strength grows with your overall powerlevel
comrade
comrade
Shanks was displayed as someone with enormous ambition and will power. Take that enormous ambition and his over all power level (high top tier) and have him coat his blade with it, and he will hit crazily hard. Roger and Whitebeard, with one clash, folded the entire island and made fodder across the whole island propel through the air, with the shockwave affecting the sea behind. That itself is crazy af.
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
I don't know what it is ... Ashura like power , the power Roger used on Shiki , or space power ... one of this 3 .... but if he can break time and space we need a new tier for Shanks and Roger ... so I don't want to go over my head and hype him unreasonably ... but Zoro after 10 min of knowing he HAS CoC can't have the same level of Haki as Shanks :)

CoC hype made Admirals sweat ... never forget it
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
WB DF can create continent level shockwave ... island level is a joke to them
comrade
comrade
But continental earthquakes are not a battle related power. If Whitebeard sinks the island, he drowns himself. And Zoro doesn't have the same level as Shanks of course. Shanks' is stronger and his coating might be more refined. But Space-Time would sound weird. :D obviously admirals were sweating, because High Top Tier Haoshoku coating is heavy.
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
it's about POWER ... Roger HAS TO BE as strong as Whitebeard (bare min) not as lethal
comrade
comrade
Lethality = power. Akainu doesn't need continental shockwaves if he can take off your entire head with a basic punch. Akainu took a hakified Gura punch off guard to the head (much more potent when you are off guard, seen as when Oden was one shotted by Kaido) and then a second one to the ribs that split marineford. Yet stood up quickly.
comrade
comrade
Continental quakes doesn't mean continental destruction by the way. Whitebeard was wreaking havoc in Marineford but didn't entirely sink the island. Distant islands were feeling the effect of the Gura, but it was only in form of slight quakes. Whitebeard is not going to just sink an entire continent.
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
power = power. if power was lethality we wouldn't have 2 words for them. they are not. Shyriu can be a perfect example of that ... his far more lethal than powerful ... Oda WILL make his story more intersting and his kings of era more hype by ultimate level of CoC.
that's why people like Garp and Roger can be as strong as Prime Beard
ffs ... GARP ONLY has fits ... without another level of power their hype is fuck
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Kaido has Oni Power + Dragon DF + Ad.CoC
and you guys think Shanks swordsmanship is comparable to Oni Powers and strongest Zoan?
where is the faith coming from? I have no fucking idea

but mate you did a very bad thing by betting on this ... all I can say is sorry
comrade
comrade
Power is a very broad and abstract term though. What do you define as power? Raw strength? Destruction? Attack potency? Power = how powerful you are as an individual. Zoro could chop a mountain to pieces pre CoC, that is power. Akainu is more powerful than any Yonko commander. Through his immense lethality and other stats.
comrade
comrade
"Kaido has Oni Power + Dragon DF + Ad.CoC". In One Piece, top tier humans can compete with physical abominations. Oden with swordsmanship alone carved a cross into Kaido's body and clapped him out of the sky. Where was Oden's "next level CoC"? Yet KAIDO HIMSELF puts Oden in the same line as Shanks, Primebeard (Adv.CoC + Gura + Supreme Grade Blade), Roger and Xebec.
comrade
comrade
Swordsmanship is devastating. And Shanks' Haoshoku usage is probably the best out of the Yonko, better than Oden's too. He doesn't need space-time techniques to compete.
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
as I said ... space-time will break all charts ... that's just too much ... but no ... even Oden himself was competing with a Kaido with no Hybrid form (not to mention maybe awakening) and CoC. better CoC and better sword can make up for 1 of this ...
comrade
comrade
Well. We have base Luffy equally clashing with Hybrid Kaido's club, splitting the skies, also beating him down with G3 punches. And as for swordsmanship, the point is, that even his dragon scales get ripped into pieces by swordsmanship.