Worstgen

Cinera
Cinera
I'm too lazy to go to the gym, and I work full time, so I don't like the idea of commuting to it regularly.
SmokedOut
SmokedOut
If you only do pushups your body will plateau and you'll stop seeing growth.
C
Cuistot
1000 sounds a bit insane. How do you manage that much ?

Don't give in to the gym rat propaganda, you can definitely get results with bodyweight alone, as long as you add progressive overload and don't keep doing the same shit endlessly.
ShishioIsBack
ShishioIsBack
Don't just do push ups lol
You don't want distortionate body

Do couch dips, sit ups, squats, crunches as well

And push ups
ShishioIsBack
ShishioIsBack
Split it out
Do open arms, diamonds, and regular push ups
Peroroncino
Peroroncino
Do a martial art instead, good for both body and mind
HA001
HA001
Drink plenty of juice.
Cinera
Cinera
@Cuistot: I do multiple sets of 5/10 spaced 1, 3 & 5 minutes apart.

I take a several hours break every few hundred pushups.
Cinera
Cinera
It takes me the entire day to reach 1,000. But it's really rewarding. It's been less than a week since I started doing > 500 pushups a day and I'm seeing noticeable progress.
Cinera
Cinera
It feels incredible watching my pecs balloon in real time and some definition begin to form on my abs.
Cinera
Cinera
@SmokedOut: I'll either throw in more pushups when it becomes "easy" or switch to much harder pushups.
Cinera
Cinera
@ShishioIsBack: good idea, I'm already doing some variety in my push ups, but I'll soon add some more.
Cinera
Cinera
I'll add in some more exercises soon. I just want to build a stable routine with the pushups first.
Cinera
Cinera
If I try to do too much at once with my exercise routine, I'll just flop it.
Cinera
Cinera
It's better to pace myself and gradually build a habit. I want to develop the habit of 1,000 pushups a day.
Cinera
Cinera
Once I've nailed that down, I can add in other exercises to balance things out.
Cinera
Cinera
I'll probably hit the gym eventually, so that I can lift weights and stuff. But I'll start with at home exercises for the next several months.
Cinera
Cinera
@Peroroncino: if I was the kind of person that could go to a dojo, I wouldn't have any issues hitting the gym lol.
Reborn
Reborn
Don't know who advised you for 1000 push-ups but let me tell you there is absolutely no need for you to do this. It's too extreme and exhausting.

Your muscles need rest and good diet to recover and build up.

By doing 1000 push-ups you whole day you will tire your muscles out without giving time for them to recover. Also, it's difficult to maintain for long run
Reborn
Reborn
Instead of this

Do 100 pushups (flat) of different variety on Monday

100 push ups inclined of different variety on Tuesday

100 pushups declined of different variety on Wednesday

And then repeat with break on sunday

If you want to challenge yourself then increase load

Also, if you cant hit gym then get resistance bands. They come in different resistance and do one one body part exercise daily.