Worstgen

Sentinel
Sentinel
Yes, I've read all of that. Apparently, there are some leaks about the durability of weapons. And apparently, they developed two different modes: the one mode is no different to BotW1 when it comes about the dura of weapons but the another mode massively increased the dura of weapons AND there are some unbreakable weapons as well.
Sentinel
Sentinel
Wood-based weapons are breakable, wood shields are weak to axes and so on.
Buusatan94
Buusatan94
She may get at least some of these unbreakable weapons. Would be cool to see situations where it is required to play her to progress in the game and where she saves Link.
Sentinel
Sentinel
I think Zelda will be necessary to solve some dungeon puzzles similarly to Zelda in Spirit Tracks.
Sentinel
Sentinel
What do you think about BotW2 Ganondorf?
TheAncientCenturion
TheAncientCenturion
Is Ganon in 2 the same from 1?
Sentinel
Sentinel
It's a bit complicated; it seems Calamity Ganon was just the malice spreading out of Ganondorf's corpse. Theorists have found some good hints regarding Calamity Ganon.
You could even say that Calamity Ganon is just a powered up "Phantom Ganon"; the real Ganon/Ganondorf lies deep below Hyrule.
Buusatan94
Buusatan94
Yes Gandondorf is going to make his grand return in BOTW2 after having been sealed a very long time below Hyrule and while his hatred and power turned into the Calamity Canon. But he remains the true threat that Link and Zelda have to face because for all its power Ganon is much less of a threat that Ganondorf.
Finalbeta
Finalbeta
I wanna play an interminable number of sidequests with my Link please.
Sentinel
Sentinel
Calamity Ganon was like a natural desaster but it only acted out of pure malice and hatred whilst current Ganondorf possesses a much bigger threat cause of his cunningness and scheming skills. Also, Calamity Ganon is just a personafication of his malice; imagine Link and Zelda fighting the real deal.
Sentinel
Sentinel
BotW Ganondorf will dwarf everything Calamity Ganon has shown thus far. And in fact, Calamity Ganon wouldn't even destroy Hyrule in the first place if the Hylia wouldn't rely on ancient Shiekah technology, gardians and the divine beasts. Thus, Calamity Ganon destroyed them with their own weapons, it totally backfired against them.
Sentinel
Sentinel
On the other hand, Zelda didn't have her power back then... But still, the damage would be far less if they fought Calamity Ganon without the guardians and Co.

But now, it is totally different since they have to deal with the main body.
TheAncientCenturion
TheAncientCenturion
I don't understand. Ganon, Ganandorf and chaos ganon or w/e are all different beings?
Sentinel
Sentinel
For current Ganondorf, Calamity Ganon is just another Blight Ganon just how Blight Ganons were to Calamity Ganon - weaker alter egos of himself.
Sentinel
Sentinel
@TheAncientCenturion Calamity Ganon seems to be a different Ganon totally made out of pure malice spreading from Ganondorf's corpse. It is just a manifestation of his hatred, thus a creation. Therefore, Calamity Ganon is NOT Ganondorf.
Buusatan94
Buusatan94
Ganon is an alter-ego of Gandondorf, something he transforms himself into sometimes when fighting Link. This bestial version of him is far stronger than him physically but he loses most of his intelligence and skills in this form making it not very practical in the long run. Calamity Ganon seems to be a personnification of the hate and evil inside Ganondorf while he was sealed below Hyrule.
Sentinel
Sentinel
The original Ganon, which you know from Ocarina of Time/A link to the past/Twilight Princess is just the demonic form of Ganondorf, a mode which Ganondorf reached after using the full potential of his Triforce of Power. But Calamity Ganon is just the manifestation of his hatred, it is not Ganondorf/Ganon himself.