Worstgen

Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Yeah Owl is awesome. Like you can’t build his posture up that well because he’s a master shinobi and knows that you’re trying to death blow him. You also can’t stab attack him because he will deathblow you if he gets the chance. Lol
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Isn't Afro the guy who struggled against the Ape? So did i lol
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
@TokOO The inner versions each have 2-3 new super moves.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Owl's mechanics perfectly suit his character. I love the differences between his two fights as well.

Thoughts on the Great Shinobi Owl @EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Great Shinobi Owl is also a good fight but not quite as fun or fast paced as the real deal.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Thoughts on Demon of Hatred? That was the first FROM boss I faced that made me question my sanity. Later followed by every Fucking Elden Ring boss. Lol
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
i fought him once, then wandered around and got distracted by Isshin (and rematching Owl Father and Genchiro) lmao
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I like demon of hatred a lot, but I also knew before hand that you could completely eliminate his 3rd phase using the malcontent whistle and that the fire umbrella trivializes a lot of his moveset. I never really found it that difficult personally, but again, I had knowledge of the fight before.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
i like his lore but.... yeah I agree that he would be better in Bloodborne or Dark Souls.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
thoughts on Genchiro and True Monk?
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
True monk is good, but
1) if you don’t figure out the gimmick to deathblow his second phase it can be super annoying
and
2) the terror build up in phase 3 kinda sucks

His “rhythm” is very unique and fun tho imo
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
didn't mind phase 3, all his terror causing attacks were easy to deal with for me, but i don't like phase 2
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I actually REALLY like Genichiro and personally have him in S tier with Owl and Isshin.

In terms of pure combat conditioning/forcing the player to adapt to game design and mechanics it’s between him, Margit, and Gascogne for the best boss FromSoft has made.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
@TokOO if you grappel up to the trees above the arena right when phase 2 true monk starts you can jump down to instantly deathblow phase 2.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I rate Genchiro as S Tier as well.

I like Gasgoigne, but i think he's overrated and A+ tier(6th best boss in Bloodborne imo)
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I don’t mean the quality of the fight in and of itself I mean how well it functions as a skill check for the player
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Genichiro is great, all three phases. I’d give him high A tier.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I also think you could also lowkey put Pontiff as one of the best skill check bosses
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Ah I see.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
@EmperorKinyagi what Bloodborne bosses would you rate as S Tier(overall not as a teaching tool)?