Worstgen

Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Pontiff is absolute S tier in terms of lore. Literally he is one of the most important figures in Dark Souls lore. The fact that you can summon a black hand member to fight him hints at so many conspiracies…bruh. Lol
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Like for me personally Genichiro is the boss where Sekiro’s combat really clicked and I feel that he’s designed that way as the gatekeeper of the back half of the game. Similarly Gascogne teaches you how to fight the two main boss types in Bloodborne (beast and humanoid) and Margit introduces you to delayed attacks, posture, and a bunch of other ER bullshit.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
@TokOO base game wise I would actually say Gehrman is the only S tier boss in Bloodborne.

Like keeping it real Bloodborne’s boss quality is hard carried by its DLC imo where like 4 fights are S tier
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I agree with Gehrman being the only base S Tier boss. Ludwig, Maria and Orphan are S tiers from the dlc and I think they are mechanically>Gehrman

DS1 and DS2 only have 1 and 0 S tier bosses in their base game imo (O&S)
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Happy to see someone else rates Orphan in S tier. A lot of people seem to hate him for no reason lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Y’all don’t like Logarius? Lol
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
He's pretty much about as hard as you can get while still being balanced lol. Second phase is insane but still well designed

I think part of the hatred is the difficulty, along with his..... Well a boss that attacks you with a placenta isn't exactly the most appealing enemy lol
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung I didn’t know you could shoot Logarius’ scepter to stop him from endlessly spamming explosive skulls at you (like that one Rykard move but it doesn’t stop) and had to look it up so I’m a little salty.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
One thing I did hate about Logarius fight was how inconsistent backstabbing him when he buffed himself was
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Orphan is crazy because his difficulty just purely comes from constant speed and aggression.

On higher NG cycles I actually think Orphan is even harder than Malenia cuz it’s not one move but his whole ass moveset
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
@TokOO did you do the chalice dungeons btw
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I did a few but I didn't fight any of the infamous bosses like the Watchdog and Amygalda
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Defiled Amygdala is uhhhhhhhh…. imo a top 5 hardest FS boss.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Base Amygdala was a little bitch but that version looks rough lol

How are the other bosses mechanically?
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
They’re fine, you’re not really missing that much.

But man the defiled chalices are such bullshit
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I found the Pthumerians interesting and was disappointed to learn that they are mostly found in chalice dungeons lol

@EmperorKinyagi favorite areas?
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
In Bloodborne central yharnam, upper cathedral ward (I love the Lovecraftian creepiness), and the research hall/Maria’s tower.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I like the dlc areas, Cainhurst, and both Yharnam areas.

Fishing Hamlet and Research Hall have some of the creepiest atmospheres I've seen in a game man