Worstgen

SakazOuki
SakazOuki
Wouldn’t say they’re that different but it’s a means of comparison between the two verses.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
@SakazOuki there are no literal gods in Dark Souls, “God” is a propaganda term created by Allfather Lloyd to secure Gwyn’s reign over humanity. Gwyn and Vendrick are members of the same medial race, but Vendrick is far larger and far stronger
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
No one said Vendrick is weak, but comparing him to Gwyn who blitzed armies of everlasting dragons is stretching it when Vendrick is mere man without that kind of portrayal
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
Chosen undead needs CoC to damage vendrick
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Gwyn did not defeat the dragons by himself, he was aided by Nito and the Witch while Vendrick actually solo’d 4 Lord class beings before he even had one follower to his name lol
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I always believed that Vendrick's size was linked to the giant souls.

Might explain Velstadt and Raime's sizes as well.

Gwyn existed before even the Age of fire, I wouldn't consider him and Vendrick the same race.

Besides, Vendrick hollowed naturally while Gwyn only hollowed when kindling the first flame

@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Vendrick is supposed to be a Chosen Undead Parrallel, I think he was that large because he was a medial and he was just that powerful. He’s easily the largest medial in the trilogy, maybe that’s linked to the giants but no other character in Dark Souls solo’d 4 Lords prior to reaching their prime lol
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung not arguing the definitions here but Gwyn was portrayed as a literal god. He was a King like Vendrick but then he found the Lord soul, so while Vendrick was going after it Gwyn literally found it.
Everlasting dragons were so because nothing pierced their skin, so whoever dought alongside Gwyn could damage them because of his lightning
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I'm not gonna say Vendrick just cuz DS2.

: )
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I don’t think he was a King like Vendrick man, Vendrick built one of the three strongest Kingdoms in history using the power of 4 Lord Souls, his Kingdom was so powerful that Ornstein joined him and didn’t even make it to Drangleic Castle, he guarded some human covenant in Heide’s Flame Tower lol. This was one of the Knights who guarded Gwynevere herself, not even making it into Vendrick’s Castle
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Peak Lordran probably rivaled Drangleic in strength but Drangleic was OP as shit. Vendrick’s was the first Kingdom to actually have Dragons in their army.
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
We’re not comparing kingdoms tho, Vendrick was a good strong king corrupted by his queen. Gwyn was a king too but he transcended that when he manipulated light, Gwyn doesn’t need dragons in his army as he literally goes out hunting them for fun.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
The strength of the Kingdom is proportional to the strength of its King no?

And Vendrick manipulated light as well, he tried to find a way out of the Cycle of Fire and Dark, albeit he failed lol. He and Aldia pulled all kinds of magic fuckery, mainly Aldia I guess…Aldia is probably a top 3 IQ character in the entirety of the lore
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
If you want to compare their rule, Gwyn had far more control over his subjects. His propaganda was strong that a descendant of everlasting dragons like Midir became a guardian under him, he placed his uncle Lloyd in charge of the way of white, subjugated the giants. Anor Londo should be far stronger than Drangelic anyway, it hosted all kinds of gods from Gwyn’s children to the flame gods, then you have his knights.
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
Vendrick never manipulated light, he refused to kindle the flame. If he did there would be an argument for Vendrick > Gwyn.
Vendrick is closer to NK than he is to Gwyn really.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Nameless > Gwyn though
(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Midir was raised by Gwyn directly though, it’s not like Midir was raised after Gwyn died lol.

Vendrick’s Knights >> Gwyn’s Silver Knights though. All of Vendrick’s Knights were on par with Gwyn’s Giant Knights if not stronger, like I said Ornstein himself was about on par with Vendrick’s standard Dragon Riders lol
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
And the power of Gwyn’s gods is pretty unclear, but we should assume every one of Gwyn’s gods were weaker than Nameless given that Nameless inherited the throne after Gwyn died, and Nameless himself likely weaker than Vendrick
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
Lmfao dragon rider > Gael without cheese
But seriously Artorias stomps anything Drangleic can offer bar Vendrick, Velstadt is slightly stronger than Ornstein but that doesn't change much. Raime & Velstadt are Vendrick's strongest subordinates as far as we know and both get low diffed by Gwyn's son. Nameless King can basically storm Drangleic and reach Vendrick untouched, whether he beats the King is questionable
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
But betting on Nameless tbf. There's nothing that supports Vendrick having that kind of power. What can he do against an army of everlasting dragons.
He's nowhere near this level, to the extent that someone like NK who was granted a fraction of Gwyn's soul can potentially take him out
https://c.tenor.com/8ZdT_rjqHzcAAAAd/dark-souls-gwyn.gif
SakazOuki
SakazOuki
It's like comparing 6th path sage with Hiruzen