Worstgen

S
Sasaki Kojirō
That would be the part I wanted to get to "limitation", because there clearly wasn't a limit or what conditions were met for Kaidou to be able to steal a skill... What seems to me is that he is able to steal attacks perfectly no matter how they are done, but anatomically before demonstrating the stealth mode, would you imagine a dragon robust, and not as flexible due to its durability moving in the way that Kaidou
S
Sasaki Kojirō
showed?
S
Sasaki Kojirō
https://i.ibb.co/R0gfqTn/Screenshot-5.png
Anatomically I would say that moving like that would be impossible for a dragon with low flexibility due to the durability of its skin and scalesand of course its robustness...
Bending your body like that would be impossible, so I wouldn't entertain the idea that he can only steal attacks which his anatomy allows when Kaidou has already done something illogical.
comrade
comrade
I mean Kaido is pretty flexible and agile while in his Dragon form, as he has a serpent-like anatomy. e.g. when he started to rapidly spin across his own axis to create a storm in ch1003 (Dragon Twister). And Zoan users have also shown to change form into bulkier and slimmer forms, so I think that in Thief Mode, Kaido hasn't shown something that's out of reach for a serpent-like being.
comrade
comrade
Kaido also pointed out how Luffy's snakeman behaves in a way impossible for rubber. So I do assume that at least stretching around like that as a serpent isn't far fetched, especially when copying someone, while turning your physical body into an element would be another level.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
A viable justification is to say that Kaidou appropriated the characteristic of rubber, in this case, giving his body the ability to be bendable and move like this, which we can say that Thief Mode can really modify Kaidou's body. LOL
comrade
comrade
May be the case, lol. After all he basically copied Sakazuki's move by default already. So the only difference is changing the body composition itself. We shouldn't forget that the type of Dragon Kaido represents is a mythical being to begin with, who is said to possess magical abilities too.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
Exactly the guy is a magical being, so the illogic is within his reach. LOL
comrade
comrade
As it was said in the Ace novel, Kaido's existence itself is terrifying. Not even by doing something, but by existing. That's why the natural born destroyer herself could only label him as a thing.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
The man is of the Oni species with high stats being one among thousands to have been lucky enough to be born with the Conqueror's Haki with such a being getting his hands on a mythical DF of an azure Dragon...

With a disaster and abomination of nature like Big Mom having no words to describe what Kaidou is.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
Even Kouzuki Oden who is anything but normal as shown in his childhood called him a "fearsome pirate/monster", with Blackbeard being able to possess 2 fruits calling him a fearsome monster.
comrade
comrade
There should also be a thread made elaborating on Kaido's intelligence. Both in terms of battle intelligence and tactics, to his historical knowledge and conclusions. As much of an indescribable monster he was, he also was a wise one. Being his planning on the battle with Oden, breaking the will of strong foes who could become soldiers, the knowledge on Joyboy and the fact he chose Wano for a reason,
comrade
comrade
...him immediately figuring out that the WG abandoned the Shichibukai because it's probably due to them having a new secret weapon, him exactly explaining what awakening is and how it works and how it's Haki that has the highest ceiling. I always enjoyed listening to his wisdom in between his brutality in terms of fighting.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
You're right, he's not called the Wisdom King for nothing, Kaidou's battle knowledge comes from the countless battles he's faced in his life with One Piece Road to Laugh referring to Kaidou as someone battle-hardened (callused), and his vivre card describing him as a lover of fights.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
Instead of killing samurai in war, he opted for a method very well structured by him and only used by him, which is to make the loyal and proud samurai of the country of Wano (feared by the navy) have their spirits broken with the only option in his menu being death for them, so we saw that he tried his best not to lose the glorious and exalted samurai of Wano in which Akainu demonstrated to fear strength.
S
Sasaki Kojirō
Unlike the other Kaidou, he easily identified the reason why the Shichibukai were dissolved (as you mentioned) and thus proceeding with a countermeasure that would be to move Onigashima to the capital of flowers and make Wano become the new Onigashima with it increasing the production of weapons, having the samurai who served the Orochi legitimately on their side (this time making expeditions with Kaidou) and finall
S
Sasaki Kojirō
, leaving and forcing Yamato to become the Shogun and protect Wano in Kaidou's absence, giving Kaidou much more peace of mind for external battles (outside of Wano).
S
Sasaki Kojirō
Oda really showed that it was necessary that 5 thinking and experienced brains for the age, who know the "history" were necessary to accompany the accelerated reasoning of Kaidou who in a matter of minutes reached the same conclusion as the elders, explaining what is the awakening of perfect way (like Vegapunk the smartest man in the world), on Onigashima we didn't have an open battle between SHS + alliances
S
Sasaki Kojirō
and pirate beasts but Kaidou may be the most tactical and smartest man in the world when it comes to battles he grew up on the battlefields and in the midst of wars, he is even called a general.
comrade
comrade
Indeed. He then even aimed for the ancient weapons, implying he already had a plan in mind or motion on how to obtain and use them. It was probably him too who had the appropriate knowledge of Vegapunk which Orochi used to negotiate with the CP0, as Orochi himself is of cowardly nature, residing in Wano without much knowledge of the outside world. Aiming for the One Piece, the ancient weapons, Vegapunk, ...