Worstgen

Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Wow. Great feat. His ass took me like 4 hours lol. And yes 10/10 boss in every way.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
He was really hard, but I feel like Friede and Nameless gave me way more trouble.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
as far as difficulty goes,

I'd say so far: Orphan > Laurence ~ Sister Friede > Nameless > Ludwig > Midir.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
Very peculiar experience you have there lol. I respect it. Most (including me) would say Midir is the hardest boss in Souls.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
i also defeated him with a +9 weapon even tho I have enough titanite slabs
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
> Very peculiar experience you have there lol. I respect it. Most (including me) would say Midir is the hardest boss in Souls.

yeah it's interesting how people all have different experiences.

I heard Gundyr was really hard, but he wasn't that bad for me while I struggled more with the Dragonslayer Armour.

With Midir, I tried to force myself to learn the best way to deal with each of his attacks. Dodging them-
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
really isn't that challenging compared to Friede's quickass attacks or Nameless and his delayed attacks, it's just the damage output that makes them difficult
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I had a similar experience with Midir actually. His patterns are straightforward he’s just a chonky boy who smacks hard af.Took me ~10 tries.

Nameless King though?

Unironically took 4 hours, and my parents actually had to take me to a hospital cuz my chest felt fluttery.

And I’m 100% dead serious.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I think it also depends on the order you play the games.

I played DS1, DS. and Sekiro all in pretty much quick succession before DS3 so I had rolling and pattern memorization down fully by that point. If DS3 had been my first title in the genre or there had been a long period between playing them it would have been much harder probably
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Harder than Midir and Gael for me but not as bad as Nameless. Imo phase 3 Friede is the only truly difficult phase, the fight for me was really just a matter of preserving enough estus and resources for the final portion.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
The two bosses in souls that gave me the most trouble were Genichiro (Sekiro was my first soulslike game - this was the first wall) and Nameless King.
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
I think taking down Malenia solo the first time actually took me longer (~5 hours) than them but I didn’t really feel like it was as hard during that time. After going through every FS game and similar titles I had a feel for how to push through difficult bosses without getting frustrated.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
Genchiro was tough but he wasn't that bad for me.

My first souls game was DS1 and my death count against all the more difficult bosses was in the 20s lol.

My order was DS1-DS2-Bloodborne-Sekiro-DS3
EmperorKinyagi
EmperorKinyagi
Sekiro-DS1-DS2-DS3-Bloodborne-Demon’s
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
DS1-DS2-DS3-Bloodborne-OG Demon Souls. Never played seikiro or Demon souls remastered
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I beat Gundyr and the Dancer on my first attempt (Faron Greatsword supremacy, busted move set). I thought Nameless was about a 7/10 on the difficulty scale, Gael and Friede were 9s and Midir was a 10.
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I would say my top 5 hardest souls bosses are:

1. Midir
2. Kalameet (he Fucking broke me first time through)
3. Manus
4. Friede/Gael
5. Lord Gwyn (he fucks me on every build that wasn’t my DS1 Sorcery named Gaindalf).
Lee Ba Shou
Lee Ba Shou
I see people who say Nameless was next level hard, for me he wasn’t that guy. Just about Fume Knight level in terms of difficulty, hard but not insane.

Absolute legend tier as a boss though of course. The absolute goat.
TheKnightOfTheSea
TheKnightOfTheSea
I struggled with Fume Knight, but he wasn't that bad. I was more enjoying myself than struggling lol.

I might try the Farron Great sword for my next run.