Worstgen

Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Around 2 days ago. Ending pissed me off at first but after thinking about it, makes sense and has potential.
S
Shuyaku
Why did it piss you off. I never played the og
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
It deviates from the OG with a new plot. The whispers never existed in the OG and Sephiroth was never seen in midgar. It stayed true to the OG with a few hints here and there but goes all in with the final chapter
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Essentially, Sephiroth and Aerith are aware of the OG. They sent their memories back in time via lifestream voodoo but the Whispers kept them from changing anything. Sephiroth tricks you into killing of the whispers so that he can change future however he wants
S
Shuyaku
Tbh, even i knew who Sephiroth was before playing this. Is there a point in even keeping him hidden and shit ? I'm aware fo the ttime travel element. The stuff about a certain character surviving is definitely iffy though.
S
Shuyaku
I'm just mad about the game being split up, incredibly stupid imo. I did enjoy this one a lot, mainly for the combat.
S
Shuyaku
Cloud is really boring for the most part. I understand that he's generic due to being created in the 90s, but it's really annoying sometimes. I still kinda like him somewhat lol.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Introduced Sephiroth early is ok given the new story. Iffy character? Aerith or Barret?
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Everyone was pissed off about the split. That's like another 3 to 4 years to finish the whole game but the whole game would have a bare minimum of 210GB so its understandable.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
I liked Cloud from beginning to end lol. I really started to like him in Wall Street. Boy can dance. Don Corneo was the best thing about the game.

As far as combat is concerned, Tifa fucking dominated
S
Shuyaku
Biggs dude, lmfao. Why tf did he survive.

I mean, what can i even do, i already got spoiled the whole plot. The original is incredibly outdated, came out 2 years before i was born, no way i'm playing that shit. Gotta wait who knows how long for this game to finish lol.

Why did you like Cloud ? I can tolerate him because he just doesn't give a fuck, but he's still just okay to me.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Oh I completely forgot about him. Goes to show how boring he was. That dude lives but Jessie dies?

Ain't no way I'm playing the OG again. Only did it once like 10 years ago and that was enough lol. Already know the whole story and themes.

I like Cloud cause I played the OG lol. I liked his development. The remake makes him come off more as a tough guy wannabe which is so precious to me. He needed that dress
S
Shuyaku
Well, Jessie was not ultra relevant either, she's just popular because she's a slut. Biggs was pretty likeable to me and his death was sad, no point in keeping him alive though lol, Jessie would make more sense.

Precious ? My guy got the fucking Sanji treatment. Was a funny scene though. Cloud/Tifa/Barrett is an incredible trio, loved the parts with just these 3.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
How were your builds? I think mine were broken cause I beat most bosses on my first try including Sephiroth and the whispers. The only ones who killed me were Mr. House and that green toad bitch.
S
Shuyaku
I died like once or twice on average against most bosses. I tend to prioritize elemental materia lol.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
I made sure everyone had a heal and elemental materia lol. Given how boss difficuitly is so dependent on them
S
Shuyaku
Assess is the most important of them all. I was struggling with the monger robots because i didn’t know i had to use thunder on them.
Uncle Van
Uncle Van
Same. Assess on everything. I got my ass beat by Ronce and struggled against those damn eye robots cause I never assessed them. I
S
Shuyaku
The game is so packed with enemies that i’m already forgetting majority of them lmfao.

My favorite boss fights in general were Reno/Rude together, Rufus and Sephiroth.