Worstgen

G
Gorosei Informer
Welcome back and sorry for your loss, its always tragic when we lose someone close to us of course and one of our own on here too.

It's times like these that remind us of how cruel, merciless, unfair etc life can be and it doesn't care how much we get hurt or upset, how much we mourn/grief but for their sake, for the ones we lose and leave us behind, we should carry on and not give up for their sake.

It's good of
G
Gorosei Informer
You to not give up on here due to your unfortunate loss of your close friend here.
We've lost quite a few people here now surprisingly and it never gets easier, each loss is just as painful and relentless.

As you said, this site reminds you of Banchi, and that can be a good thing as well as bad ofc. Even if it hurts, even if it's agony, that pain reminds us they were real, they existed, they were alive and part of
G
Gorosei Informer
Our lives.

I imagine Banchi would really appreciate how much you miss and think of her, how you keep her alone in your heart and memory, that she perseveres/lives on through you.

I hope this place can bring you some relief from your grief, some acceptance ultimately and ironically joy and peace too.

I recently experienced an extreme loss so I can relate especially right now too. I lost some friends early this
G
Gorosei Informer
Year and late this year and it never stops hurting, but you learn to embrace the pain, to live with it as forgetting them would be far worse and the pain keeps your memories of them alive.

Sorry its a huge essay but this an extremely important topic to me, especially these days now too.

I keep experiencing a rollercoaster of emotions when I see anything that reminds me of my grandmother, especially photos of her
G
Gorosei Informer
, especially the ones of her much healthier, younger and happier than how she was in her final weeks, days and hours.

This place has been amazing for helping me with my overwhelming grief and despair lately and I'm sure it will be for you too.

We've got your back here anyway, we'll support you and we won't let you suffer alone.

This place can become a memorial of your wonderful, beloved friend, a way to
G
Gorosei Informer
Celebrate her life, her existence.

I'm sure wherever she is now, she is grateful for a friend like you, someone who clearly loves and cares about her, someone who still remembers her after she's gone, keeps her alive in your memory and won't let her be forgotten, regardless of how and why she left this world too unfortunately and so unfairly soon too.
G
Gorosei Informer
Sorry for the essay again anyway lol.
ALI!
ALI!
@Shimotsuki Ghostly Thank you for your kind words, really appreciate them 👍
Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences 🙏
There is only one truth in life which is Death, i'm grateful that life gave me the oppurtunity to talk to her and share good memories and laughs together, I still want to re-live those moments but sometimes, letting go is the best thing you can offer to someone & to yourself.
G
Gorosei Informer
Aye you're welcome man! Thank you too, I appreciate that!
That is so very true as well. Death is the ultimate, unavoidable, indiscriminate inevitability in life. Exactly man, thats the spirit! Cherish, treasure your memories, the conversations, the fond times, the shared bonds and happiness you had! Aye, I can attest so much to wishing we could relive those moments, to get more time with them but as you said,
G
Gorosei Informer
letting go is the best mercy sometimes. It was their time to go whether we like it or not, we can't change or control that and we should never be able to really. We shouldn't ever play God with lives and death, with mortality and fatality. Well to the extend of actually cheating or cancelling out death, preventing it entirely and thus immortality or w/e imo.

Your friend is already immortalised by you and others
G
Gorosei Informer
who remember her, who cherish her and cared about her. No matter what, she will live on through you guys anyway. Any memories, trinkets, photos, shared possessions or whatever that remind you or involve her, they're truly gonna be priceless and beautifully fragile now too.

The best thing you can do for her now, is just to let her go as you said but at the same time, be happy, be grateful you knew her, that she
G
Gorosei Informer
lived and was part of your life. That's what I keep doing with my grandmother too. The grief keeps trying to come back and sucker punch me here and there, knock me down and stop me getting back up but I keep getting back up and carrying on, as I refuse to let it in, the same way she never gave up and fought ofr her life to the end, even when it was extremely painful and unbearable for her to not give up entirely.
G
Gorosei Informer
I'm sure you will see her one day again somehow, I don't know how for certain but I'm sure you will, you will be reunited with her and she will be extremely grateful for you and what you've done and will do in honour of her. We just have to be as strong, patient and faithful as possible until we're reunited with the ones we love again.