Manga Discussion ðŸ‘‘ Ranking of Kings / ÅŒsama Rankingu

Couldn't find a thread.
Picked up the manga after that absolute treat of animation. During the show, the series already hinted at some intriguing world building in the background.

Part 2 of the manga picks up right after the anime ends so it's ideal to start there (Chapter 156) if you have seen it.

From what I've found, there's about 40 chapters in the middle that are not translated because the anime covers them pretty accurately.

I said it in the OP: Apparently there is no fan translation of these missing chapters yet so the anime is the only way to get that part of the story but from I've read of the earlier chapters, the anime is better than the manga in almost every aspect so we're not exactly missing out. It's also extremely faithful to the source material so my suggestion is to just binge the 24eps and then pick up Ch156

I said it in the OP: Apparently there is no fan translation of these missing chapters yet so the anime is the only way to get that part of the story but from I've read of the earlier chapters, the anime is better than the manga in almost every aspect so we're not exactly missing out. It's also extremely faithful to the source material so my suggestion is to just binge the 24eps and then pick up Ch156
u already finished season 1 right?

Bojji's growth is definitely a main draw to the series but I was more intrigued by the world building. The ranking organization is a huge mystery and we're at first just told to deal with its existence. Then there's the mysterious treasure that every #1 King chooses and then vanishes/goes insane... I just NEEDED to know more.

The manga chapters after the anime go right into it for a few chapters btw. and then return to Bojji's story.

Big spoilers ahead if you didn't read the manga
I personally don't want to believe the cursed swords are the true #1 treasure every king chose. When Desha refuses to take one because he immediately sees through their corruption, the ranking dude says that a select few go deeper down into the vault. Or maybe Desha is just THAT good but I feel like it would be a little too obvious.

Then again, the true intentions of the ranking association are still a mystery but so far they only seem to be interested in spilling blood (in a convoluted way).

Bojji's growth is definitely a main draw to the series but I was more intrigued by the world building. The ranking organization is a huge mystery and we're at first just told to deal with its existence. Then there's the mysterious treasure that every #1 King chooses and then vanishes/goes insane... I just NEEDED to know more.

The manga chapters after the anime go right into it for a few chapters btw. and then return to Bojji's story.

Big spoilers ahead if you didn't read the manga
I personally don't want to believe the cursed swords are the true #1 treasure every king chose. When Desha refuses to take one because he immediately sees through their corruption, the ranking dude says that a select few go deeper down into the vault. Or maybe Desha is just THAT good but I feel like it would be a little too obvious.

Then again, the true intentions of the ranking association are still a mystery but so far they only seem to be interested in spilling blood (in a convoluted way).
Oh Cool can't wait tbh. I remember sum of the users also enjoy Watching or Read Ousama Rankings but i forgot

Oh Cool can't wait tbh. I remember sum of the users also enjoy Watching or Read Ousama Rankings but i forgot
Good!
I used the search function and didn't find any thread so now that this one exists, whoever wants to talk about the manga will have a place to do so. Just post ITT once you're all caught up since I don't want to spoil eveything by posting theories and thoughts here all the time :D

Good!
I used the search function and didn't find any thread so now that this one exists, whoever wants to talk about the manga will have a place to do so. Just post ITT once you're all caught up since I don't want to spoil eveything by posting theories and thoughts here all the time :D
Wait i believe @Don't Mind Me also watch Ranking of Kings. Am i Right?

Bumping and also latest chapter updates.
Again, heavy spoilers ahead for everyone who hasn't caught up with the manga yet:
HOW the fuck did Bojji resurrect? Did I miss something or did his heart just start beating again for no reason? NVM, I just reread it: (former) King Desha randomly walked past and hit him with a lightning to restart his heart. Begs the question how much he remembers from his old life.

I'm also confused about Kage swallowing the God dude. Apparently Kage wasn't concious when that happened and it wasn't an attack by Kage but the God using him as a teleporter? It was revealed that Geslan Kingdom uses the shadows' bodies as gateways after all. Pretty grim again. I'm always surprised by how dark the turns get in this manga when everything looks so cartoony and cutesy.

I finally caught up on the manga...

I'm also confused about Kage swallowing the God dude. Apparently Kage wasn't concious when that happened and it wasn't an attack by Kage but the God using him as a teleporter? It was revealed that Geslan Kingdom uses the shadows' bodies as gateways after all. Pretty grim again. I'm always surprised by how dark the turns get in this manga when everything looks so cartoony and cutesy.

I'm curious about what the Gods are and how they are related to the ranking system. Is it possible that they are old #1's? Maybe the kings that give something up end up with new/altered abilities. Everything with the shadows and Geslan was dark. But now that reviving people seems to be possible, perhaps the shadow clan can come back a little.